Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 120640 times)

Re: Sunday 3/26: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #630 on: March 28, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
nbadraft.net has Sindarius Thornwell going at pick 38 to... The Boston Celtics.

Really think it would be nice to pick him up as a back-up 2 if/when we ship out Avery/Rozier.
I love this guys game to be honest. Lights out shooter and a 6'9" wingspan to boot.

It also has us taking Beachem and Boucher later in the 2nd round, which is interesting. I'd much rather take a flyer on someone like Alpha Kaba than Boucher, mainly due to age, or even a guy like Nigel Hayes.

However it is very unlikely that we either a) keep the picks or b) keep the guys we take.

TP, gouki.

Thornwell came to my attention after a 44/22 game vs "Bama in conference play, and after that game I started to include him in this thread's updates.

Granted, it was a quadruple OT game, but still very impressive stats. Kid's as tough as nails and gets to the line A TON!!

Re: Sunday 3/26: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #631 on: March 28, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
nbadraft.net has Sindarius Thornwell going at pick 38 to... The Boston Celtics.

Really think it would be nice to pick him up as a back-up 2 if/when we ship out Avery/Rozier.
I love this guys game to be honest. Lights out shooter and a 6'9" wingspan to boot.

It also has us taking Beachem and Boucher later in the 2nd round, which is interesting. I'd much rather take a flyer on someone like Alpha Kaba than Boucher, mainly due to age, or even a guy like Nigel Hayes.

However it is very unlikely that we either a) keep the picks or b) keep the guys we take.

Second round mocks are far more useless than even first round ones.  At this stage, they're not taking team needs into account (and won't usually until after the lottery).  They're useful mostly as a general idea of where a guy might go, e.g. late in the second round.

That said, I think Thornwell looks like a good pickup with our Minny 2nd, although I'd guess he's going to go higher.  Lots of other potential good picks in that range; Bell, Bryant, Jeanne, and Motley look good to me.

Hopefully we'll restock with Euro stashes with the later picks.

Re: Saturday 4/1: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE:  Saturday, April 1st 2017

FINAL FOUR

6:09 CBS      SC/Zags       Thornwell(0), Dozier(15)/Collins(13), Wms-Goss (5),Karnowski(24)

8:49 CBS    ORE/UNC       Bell(1), Dorsey(5), Brooks (24)/Jackson(44),Hicks(4),Bradley(5)     

Re: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Monday 4/3

National Championsip Game

9:20 CBS    Zags/UNC  Collins(13), Wms-Goss (5),Karnowski(24)/Jackson(44),Hicks(4),Bradley(5)

Last update of the year. Great Year.

Over 30,000 views....hope everyone enjoyed the ride. It has been fun. We'll do it AGAIN next year.