Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 119605 times)

Re: Friday 3/24: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2017, 01:38:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Everyone compares Ball to Kidd but against Kentucky today he looked like Rondo to me

Yup.....I saw some nice passes.  Barely average Defense at best , low energy ,  he avoided contact , seemed to,avoid probing into the paint.   

Worst , Ball seemed to shrink when the pressure got turned up. 

He will be lucky to be taken 4 or 5 pick now . 

Big mouth father go home

« Reply #601 on: March 25, 2017, 01:50:05 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Everyone compares Ball to Kidd but against Kentucky today he looked like Rondo to me

Yup.....I saw some nice passes.  Barely average Defense at best , low energy ,  he avoided contact , seemed to,avoid probing into the paint.   

Big mouth father go home

I agree but I think it's unlikely lakers pass on him, wont fall past them, good riddance...unless of course we end up with him..and then HOF here we come

« Reply #602 on: March 25, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Big mouth father go home
It is amazing how people on here take a single performance and use it to define a player.  Only a freshman, Ball came in and took control of a veteran team.  Without him, UCLA probably would not have made the tournament.  He's a team focused, pass oriented player.  He can be effective with and without the ball.  He certainly has areas to work on but so do all the other draftees. 

This performance will mean little for his draft prospects.  His body of work this season is impressive.  He'll need to perform well in the workouts but I expect he'll still go top 3.  If the Lakers keep their pick, I think he goes there.  Then they can move Russell to SG where he should be.   For us, I definitely prefer Fultz or Jackson. 

Re: Saturday 3/25: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #603 on: March 25, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
UPDATE: Saturday March 25th

ELITE 8: NCAA Men's Tournament

6:09 TBS   Xavier/Zags   Trevon Bluiett(5)/Z Collins(13), Wms-Goss(5),Karnowski(24)

8:49 TBS  Ore/Kan   Bell(1), Dorsey(5), Brooks(24)/Jackson(11),Mason III(0), Mikhailiuk(10)

« Reply #604 on: March 25, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Big mouth father go home
It is amazing how people on here take a single performance and use it to define a player.  Only a freshman, Ball came in and took control of a veteran team.  Without him, UCLA probably would not have made the tournament.  He's a team focused, pass oriented player.  He can be effective with and without the ball.  He certainly has areas to work on but so do all the other draftees. 

This performance will mean little for his draft prospects.  His body of work this season is impressive.  He'll need to perform well in the workouts but I expect he'll still go top 3.  If the Lakers keep their pick, I think he goes there.  Then they can move Russell to SG where he should be.   For us, I definitely prefer Fultz or Jackson.
Yeah, I'm not overreacting to one game.  Kids still a talent.  My point is that he's nit the number 1 pick because he doesn't score.  Saying he's no better than number 2 isn't exactly killing the guy.

« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Big mouth father go home

Yeah, I'm not overreacting to one game.  Kids still a talent.  My point is that he's nit the number 1 pick because he doesn't score.  Saying he's no better than number 2 isn't exactly killing the guy.
I was responding to the comment above that he'd be lucky to go 4 or 5 now.  For us, I'd take Fultz and Jackson ahead of Ball.  The Lakers would probably take Ball first. 

« Reply #606 on: March 25, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Don't think I've see it mentioned but Robert Williams decided to return to Arkansas for his sophomore season.  Really like him so hopefully it works out well for him but I think it is a bad idea to turn down lottery money.  He should have at least declare and gone through the process and then withdrawn at the end. 

« Reply #607 on: March 25, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
well, this might be our last chance to see jackson in a college game. at half time oregon has 44 to kansas' 33.

jackson has ZERO points. both ball and jackson seem to be rolling over.  :P

UPDATE: now 52 to 37, oregon ahead still.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:06:40 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #608 on: March 25, 2017, 10:08:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
this out of nowhere player Jordan Bell .... impressive

6'10 pf... good rebounder... energy player... pretty explosive/strong... decent passer and improved shooter

« Reply #609 on: March 25, 2017, 10:24:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
oregon up by 12 with 8:21 left. jackson finally scoring. he is 2-6 and 0-1 from three point land. oh, and 0-2 with his FT.  :o
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #610 on: March 25, 2017, 10:29:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Kinda sucks that one of UNC / UK will be bounced after tomorrow, while Gonzaga has to beat one of Florida / S. Carolina to make the Finals. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #611 on: March 25, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Jackson's defense is seriously impressive. I question how good he can be offensively, but he certainly has the tools and mentality to be a superb NBA defender.

« Reply #612 on: March 25, 2017, 10:32:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

6'10 pf... good rebounder... energy player... pretty explosive/strong... decent passer and improved shooter

Been including Bell along with Brooks and Dorsey on the updates for this thread everytime Oregon has played since mid-December. Boucher, too.

If Boucher didn't have a season ending ACL, I would've picked Oregon to win it all in a couple of my brackets. He's 24-25 years old, so may not have been picked 2nd round, but he's a vet who paired real well with Bell.

Bell has really stepped up since Chris Boucher went down.

« Reply #613 on: March 25, 2017, 10:34:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Is that the Draymond Green of this draft?

« Reply #614 on: March 25, 2017, 10:34:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
my man jackson now has 10 points and 9 rebounds....all of which may be too little, too late.  :-[

still 4:52 left, but kansas down by 11.
- Vandana Shiva