Author Topic: Nurkic Trade  (Read 3207 times)

Nurkic Trade
« on: November 15, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »

Offline Bigbrotheryeti

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I've got an idea here.  How about we send our 1st round pick next year, 2 2nds, Terry Rozier, and James Young for Jusuf Nurkic?

That immediately solves our rebounding problem (his rebounding % of 18.7 leads any Celtic by a country mile), helps our rim protection, and consolidates our assets.

For the nuggets, this gets rid of the front-court log jam, gives them another PG prospect, as well as a pick in a draft class laden with capable PG options.

Thoughts?

Re: Nurkic Trade
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I don't think Denver does that.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
They definitely dont do that.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

They might. Our pick next year (2017) is the exchange with Brooklyn. Nurkic has played 17 minutes a night the past two nights and played less than 20 3 of the last 4 games. Something is up in Denver and they might jump at the chance to land a likely top 5 pick in a loaded draft.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

They might. Our pick next year (2017) is the exchange with Brooklyn. Nurkic has played 17 minutes a night the past two nights and played less than 20 3 of the last 4 games. Something is up in Denver and they might jump at the chance to land a likely top 5 pick in a loaded draft.

Your logic is sound but I don't think Denver does it.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Honestly I think the Brooklyn pick and Rozier is an over pay for Nurkic. This is such a great draft coming up and a Nurkic/Jokic front court hasn't been great so far this season.

It makes sense for them to deal Nurkic to positionally even out their roster.

However, since Nurkic is so young, I would expect them to shop Faried, Gallo and Chandler hard before dealing Nurkic.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Can Danny be relied on to draft a big ....a good one  ::)

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yes...he is a monster.

I would do this...and Denver would love the 2017 pick.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It makes zero sense for them to do a trade that leaves them with one center on their roster.  Their problem in the frontcourt is that they have too many power forwards.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Honestly I think the Brooklyn pick and Rozier is an over pay for Nurkic. This is such a great draft coming up and a Nurkic/Jokic front court hasn't been great so far this season.

However, since Nurkic is so young, I would expect them to shop Faried, Gallo and Chandler hard before dealing Nurkic.
Maybe we could do a 2 person trade and land Gallo too. I see Denver making a trade before the trade deadline. Hopefully we can move Amir and Zeller to match salary, too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 03:25:14 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Nurkic is good but man, I just feel like Jokic is going to break out in a year or so.  I've been wrong before, but I am only interested in overpaying for Jokic

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If we overpaid a little we could get either  nurkic or jokic.. no pt for the nuggets to keep both for the long run

Neither can stretch the floor though, so not likely a fit under cbs

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 03:36:47 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Maybe we could do a 2 person trade and land Gallo too. I see Denver making a trade before the trade deadline. Hopefully we can move Amir and Zeller to match salary, too.

Even though they are not doing well, I think Denver likes the pieces in their core and are more interested in trying to land a major player instead of making a rebuilding trade landing future assets.

I could see Denver thinking that Nerlens Noel is a better fit next to Jokic than Nurkic is, so I would explore the idea of a trade that sends Noel to Denver and Nurkic to Boston, while seeing what needs to be sent to Philly.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 03:39:17 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Hmm, i was under the assumption that when OP said "our pick next year", that he meant the 2018 Boston pick. not this year's (2017's pick).
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Even though they are not doing well, I think Denver likes the pieces in their core and are more interested in trying to land a major player instead of making a rebuilding trade landing future assets.

I could see Denver thinking that Nerlens Noel is a better fit next to Jokic than Nurkic is, so I would explore the idea of a trade that sends Noel to Denver and Nurkic to Boston, while seeing what needs to be sent to Philly.

I think Kelly next to Jokic. Now, that's an interesting trade for both teams. Denver has the cash to pay Kelly next year.