Author Topic: Rumor: Klay  (Read 10721 times)

Re: Rumor: Klay
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'll believe the Klay trade rumors when he's literally walking out onto the parquet floor in a Celtics jersey.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
This kills it :

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-reportedly-shoot-down-klay-thompson-to-celtics-trade-rumors/

Scal has no credibility when it comes to the trade world ...

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2016, 05:58:44 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
It's a slow news week. The season thus far has been a bad one for the Celtics. Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point. Might as well make fake rumors for a pick that's value is depreciating each day.

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2016, 05:59:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I get why it's fun to examine the fake trade.  Here's how the fake trade broke down according to reddit:

Since no one has linked it yet, here's the rumored trade that Scal was talking about...

3 way deal involving GS/Boston/Philly involving Noel, Crowder, AB, Brooklyn Pick and Klay.

Boston would get Klay.

GSW would get Noel and one of Crowder/AB.

76'ers would get Brooklyn pick and other of Crowder/AB.

So we'd give up Crowder, Bradley and the pick for Klay in the fake trade.  Gotta hand it to Philly.  They fake make out like fake bandits in this fake trade.  All they give up is Noel and get back Either Crowder or Bradley + the Brooklyn pick.  Just goes to show you how the fake trade value of the Brooklyn pick has been impacted by their hot start.

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Bradley, Crowder and the 2017 Nets 1st is too much for Klay Thompson.  We'd need to find a starting SF in addition to a starting big with less tradable assets.  Not clear how we'd build a contender around IT/Klay/Horford.  Without the 2017 Nets 1st, it wouldn't be hard for other teams to outbid us for Cousins.

You're a Celtics fan?
Shouldn't be surprising I generally use we/us in my posts when referring to the Celtics.  I've made quite a few posts on my desire for Ainge to trade for Cousins as the best path for us to become contenders. 

My Sixers interest is 90% Embiid and 10% on seeing the results of the Hinkie process which I thought was the correct approach for the Sixers rebuild.  Unfortunately we had no chance to draft Embiid and have even less chance to trade for him now. 

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2016, 06:11:38 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Bradley, Crowder and the 2017 Nets 1st is too much for Klay Thompson.  We'd need to find a starting SF in addition to a starting big with less tradable assets.  Not clear how we'd build a contender around IT/Klay/Horford.  Without the 2017 Nets 1st, it wouldn't be hard for other teams to outbid us for Cousins.

You're a Celtics fan?
Shouldn't be surprising I generally use we/us in my posts when referring to the Celtics.  I've made quite a few posts on my desire for Ainge to trade for Cousins as the best path for us to become contenders. 

My Sixers interest is 90% Embiid and 10% on seeing the results of the Hinkie process which I thought was the correct approach for the Sixers rebuild.  Unfortunately we had no chance to draft Embiid and have even less chance to trade for him now.

Honestly, I'm pretty confident the Cousins thing won't work out because he is clearly a loser and a terrible leader. He reminds me of Melo in that way.

However, the Celtics don't have an option at this point. There is no one available and those picks are about to turn into poo poo

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2016, 06:31:18 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

You're a Celtics fan?

Honestly, I'm pretty confident the Cousins thing won't work out because he is clearly a loser and a terrible leader. He reminds me of Melo in that way.

However, the Celtics don't have an option at this point. There is no one available and those picks are about to turn into poo poo
I was hoping another path other then trading for Cousins would open up but I'm not seeing it. DMC is just the best fit possible that we have a realistic chance at getting. I get the concerns. It's a gamble but what are the other options?

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2016, 07:30:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nope, not worth Jae and a BKLN pick. 

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay now.

That's an absurd comment. Bradley may never make an all star team. Klay is the best 2 in the league.
OK I admit Klay is better, but not by a lot.  Bradley could made the ASG this year.  However, my main point is that Klay doesn't move the needle over Bradley, especially if you have to give up Crowder and I pick (if not more).  So let me modify my statement:

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay for what the Celtics need now.

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
LOL

Please see this tweet about the source of the rumor: it'll make you at least chuckle : http://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/798241647146340352

Can we please end this?  There has always been twitter trolls and realgm idiots who spread completely nonsense fabricated rumors.  We've always had our Croters and CelticsThugs, but it was for the most part contained.  Within the last year, there's been a growing problem with nonsense clickbait blogs that literally make up bull**** daily.  Off the top of my head we have morningledger.com (where this nonsense Klay Thompson rumor comes from and the same site which had us trading for Paul George last month, for instance)... there's also, Inquisitr (which has us trading for James Harden this week), Sportsrageous (which has us trading for Carmelo Anthony this week) and Yibada (which has us trading everyone for everyone).   I'm sure there's others.  You merely need to google "(Popular Player Name) Trade" and you'll find some nonsense rumor from one of these nonsense sites.   Can we have every thread associated with these garbage sites locked?   Can mods create a ban list or a warning for every "rumor" thread that says "please do not post from one of these sites".  It's a sickness and it needs to be destroyed.

People read this via sites such as Google and Facebook.  These news aggregators seem unwilling to combat fake news, probably because it means fewer clicks on ads.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2016, 07:43:55 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
...fake trade value of the Brooklyn pick has been impacted by their hot start.

"hot start" = under .500 basketball against a very weak stretch

Let's not make any hasty remarks until about 20 games in to the season. Then we'll see.

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2016, 07:44:07 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Nope, not worth Jae and a BKLN pick. 

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay now.

That's an absurd comment. Bradley may never make an all star team. Klay is the best 2 in the league.
OK I admit Klay is better, but not by a lot.  Bradley could made the ASG this year.  However, my main point is that Klay doesn't move the needle over Bradley, especially if you have to give up Crowder and I pick (if not more).  So let me modify my statement:

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay for what the Celtics need now.
Thompson is a far better player then AB. He's someone that can out play an MVP teammate and take over big play off games. I'll take klay over AB any day.

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2016, 07:44:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LOL

Please see this tweet about the source of the rumor: it'll make you at least chuckle : http://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/798241647146340352

Can we please end this?  There has always been twitter trolls and realgm idiots who spread completely nonsense fabricated rumors.  We've always had our Croters and CelticsThugs, but it was for the most part contained.  Within the last year, there's been a growing problem with nonsense clickbait blogs that literally make up bull**** daily.  Off the top of my head we have morningledger.com (where this nonsense Klay Thompson rumor comes from and the same site which had us trading for Paul George last month, for instance)... there's also, Inquisitr (which has us trading for James Harden this week), Sportsrageous (which has us trading for Carmelo Anthony this week) and Yibada (which has us trading everyone for everyone).   I'm sure there's others.  You merely need to google "(Popular Player Name) Trade" and you'll find some nonsense rumor from one of these nonsense sites.   Can we have every thread associated with these garbage sites locked?   Can mods create a ban list or a warning for every "rumor" thread that says "please do not post from one of these sites".  It's a sickness and it needs to be destroyed.

People read this via sites such as Google and Facebook.  These news aggregators seem unwilling to combat fake news, probably because it means fewer clicks on ads.
John Oliver did a whole piece on this last night... the fake news on Facebook is a scary thing.  We're living in a time where more than ever perception can become reality.  You can post entirely fictional things on Facebook and people will believe it.  It's a real problem.   But hopefully we can keep the riff raff off this fine board.

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2016, 07:58:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
the fake news on Facebook is a scary thing.  We're living in a time where more than ever perception can become reality.  You can post entirely fictional things on Facebook and people will believe it.  It's a real problem.

The real problem is some people are dumb enough to be  getting their news on Facebook.   

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2016, 08:13:51 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
the fake news on Facebook is a scary thing.  We're living in a time where more than ever perception can become reality.  You can post entirely fictional things on Facebook and people will believe it.  It's a real problem.

The real problem is some people are dumb enough to be  getting their news on Facebook.

or off of Celticsblog......
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
In fairness, Celticsblog actually has people on the left and right arguing in the designated threads, then talking cordially in the basketball threads.  That's better than the rest of the internet by a mile