Author Topic: Rumor: Klay  (Read 10718 times)

Re: Rumor: Klay
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 12:26:01 PM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Nope, not worth Jae and a BKLN pick. 

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay now.

That's an absurd comment. Bradley may never make an all star team. Klay is the best 2 in the league.

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Nope, not worth Jae and a BKLN pick. 

Bradley is pretty much as good as Klay now.

That's an absurd comment. Bradley may never make an all star team. Klay is the best 2 in the league.

Yeah. Whenever you have a chance to nab a player like Klay, you do it. No way Bradley's better and there is no way you get him for Crowder & 1 Brooklyn pick.

You have to do better than that for a player of this caliber.

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Even if he was available, it's improbably that the Celtics would be in play for a deal.
The Warriors need depth in the frontcourt, so the only possible deal would be Horford (+change) for Klay.

Any deal regarding AB or Jae makes no sense to me, Klay is equally as good of a defender as those two.

Any deal regarding brooklyn picks make no sense either; since they only have KD guaranteed for this year so why would GSW want anything but WIN-RIGHT-NOW

If you read the article that is on the front page of this website and linked on this thread, you'll see that the rumor is a 3-way deal that has Crowder and Noel going to GSW, Klay coming to Boston, and draft compensation to philly.
read? as in, do some research before posting? ha! ha, i say to you sir! here at cb we pride ourselves on uninformed opinions that lack research and reading.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
The Noel parts sounds like total speculation to me.

But I'm not giving up Crowder, Bradley, and the Nets pick for Klay. That's way too much and making them virtually unbeatable. They get one or the other with Bradley/Crowder, and you get JJ and the Brooklyn pick, too.

And for those saying Klay's defense is as good as Bradley's and Crowder's D - get out of here. He's an above average defender, but he's so overrated on that end it's not even funny.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
PG: IT
SG : Klay
SF : KD
PF : AD
C : DMC

[dang] were a good team this year

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Celtics get: Klay Thompson, Robert Covington

Philly gets: 2018 Brooklyn 1st Round Pick

Warriors get: Nerlens Noel, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley

I don't think it will actually happen, but this genuinely feels like a perfect trade for everybody.

Warriors get rim protection, upgrade on Iguodala, and someone to fill the high-end role-player spot that Klay is overqualified for. They would be the best, deepest team in NBA history by a mile.

We get worse in the short term but add some shooting and get a high-end talent to build around. No net salary increase so still a chance to sign a max free agent.

Philly makes more picks.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
By the way, this has been roundly refuted already, and Scal said he basically read about this idea somewhere rather than it coming from sources.

Some of us on here have discussed similar Klay trades in the past, though not that expensive, but it was pretty unanimously agreed that this is most possible in the summer of they don't win it all this season. Otherwise, they'd have to greatly, greatly underperform to trade him by the deadline, which just isn't happening right now, though a lot of their wins so far have been due to a favorable schedule.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
On twitter he just said he read it off some site called "the morning ledger". I glanced at the articles, they seem to be another version of Parent Herald, Sportsrageous, etc. AKA, clickbait articles with 0 factuality.

Move on people. Nothing to see here.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Prob was the fake rumor that originated from the clickbait fake rumor site.  Makes no sense for golden state to trade Klay.  They are going to rip through the league this season and beyond.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
By the way, this has been roundly refuted already, and Scal said he basically read about this idea somewhere rather than it coming from sources.

Some of us on here have discussed similar Klay trades in the past, though not that expensive, but it was pretty unanimously agreed that this is most possible in the summer of they don't win it all this season. Otherwise, they'd have to greatly, greatly underperform to trade him by the deadline, which just isn't happening right now, though a lot of their wins so far have been due to a favorable schedule.
I don't think Scal would be so careless to post a rumor from an obscure website. Im just not buying this explanation especially since he knows first hand how NBA rumors can impact players. It just seems unlikely he wouldn't have a source before making such a statement.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Not only is the team sucking, but Scal is dropping the ball now too? What next, Tommy calls an unbiased game?  Never thought we would see the day when Jimmy Young is the only Celtic doing his job. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

But I'm not giving up Crowder, Bradley, and the Nets pick for Klay. That's way too much and making them virtually unbeatable. They get one or the other with Bradley/Crowder, and you get JJ and the Brooklyn pick, too.

And for those saying Klay's defense is as good as Bradley's and Crowder's D - get out of here. He's an above average defender, but he's so overrated on that end it's not even funny.
Klay is a top 20 player who sometimes plays at a top 10 level for stretches. Those guys don't come cheap and it would be a mistake not to pay up if it only cost AB Crowder and the pick.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Klay is a top 20 player who sometimes plays at a top 10 level for stretches. Those guys don't come cheap and it would be a mistake not to pay up if it only cost AB Crowder and the pick.
I think that is reasonable enough value, but by giving up both Crowder and Bradley, Boston leaves a giant hole in the starting lineup which makes it almost a lateral move.  Boston either needs to keep one or get another wing back in the trade.  Only way it really works as a trade for Boston. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 01:58:44 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I think that is reasonable enough value, but by giving up both Crowder and Bradley, Boston leaves a giant hole in the starting lineup which makes it almost a lateral move.  Boston either needs to keep one or get another wing back in the trade.  Only way it really works as a trade for Boston.
I agree that we won't be complete yet but it makes the offseason more interesting or the prospect of another trade happening.

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I agree that we won't be complete yet but it makes the offseason more interesting or the prospect of another trade happening.
The Philly portion actually makes a little more sense as Boston could get someone like Covington in the trade.  Covington isn't as good as Crowder, but is a solid enough player that he would start over Brown and can play some 4 as well, which makes it less of a lateral type move. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip