Author Topic: Will Lonzo Ball's game translate to success in the NBA? Potential Nets pick?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So I'm keeping a close eye on the draft with our Net's pick looking pretty good again this year and Lonzo Ball just really stands out talent wise.
This guy is a special talent. Just turned 19, 6'6" tall and teradactyl wingspan oozing confidence and craft athletcism. I'm trying to find an NBA comparison for him but it's very tough. There a little bit of Dr J in his style with his length and creativeness, but he also has the ball on a string and is a Rondo-esque passer at the PG and 2/3 spot

Draftexpress have him at #14 and NBAdraft.net have him at #4 overall pick.

Personally I think he can be an NBA superstar if he can get his shot off like he can in college, it's like an ugly style of Kevin Martin. He's almost like what people first thought Michael Kidd Gilchrist would look like in the NBA, except Ball is better at pretty every much aspect of basketball already.
His first game stats: 19 points, 11 assists, 8 rebounds.

First college game for UCLA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgUUEa7NxMU&t=195s

senior mixtape:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63LRWlvHNE
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I think his game could translate to the NBA...if the team that drafts him can rein him in AND let him express himself on the court.

That's a tricky balance.

If you rein him in too much, you could take the edge of that creativity and he could feel stifled.

If you let him loose, you could have someone who is too hard to control and not able to execute a game plan.

But he is unique...that's for sure.  I can't remember anyone like him.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Lonzo the Legend playing right now on FS1!

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
So I'm keeping a close eye on the draft with our Net's pick looking pretty good again this year and Lonzo Ball just really stands out talent wise.
This guy is a special talent. Just turned 19, 6'6" tall and teradactyl wingspan oozing confidence and craft athletcism. I'm trying to find an NBA comparison for him but it's very tough. There a little bit of Dr J in his style with his length and creativeness, but he also has the ball on a string and is a Rondo-esque passer at the PG and 2/3 spot

Draftexpress have him at #14 and NBAdraft.net have him at #4 overall pick.

Personally I think he can be an NBA superstar if he can get his shot off like he can in college, it's like an ugly style of Kevin Martin. He's almost like what people first thought Michael Kidd Gilchrist would look like in the NBA, except Ball is better at pretty every much aspect of basketball already.
His first game stats: 19 points, 11 assists, 8 rebounds.

First college game for UCLA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgUUEa7NxMU&t=195s

senior mixtape:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63LRWlvHNE
Nice prediction Chambers. Ball is now the 1-2 pick in most mock drafts.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I suppose. I have only seen a little of long, but I am very underwhelmed by his defense. Not tough or physical. Draftexpress called his defense "casual." He just doesn't seem to care much on defense.

This worries me about him.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:36:46 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I suppose. I have only seen a little of long, nut I am very underwhelmed by his defense. Not tough or physical. Draftexpress called his defense "casual." He just doesn't seem to care much on defense.

This worries me about him.

I here what they are saying, however he uses his awesome BBIQ on defense as well.

I have seen him make multiple Chase down Blocks on the break. Block big men from behind in the post, and he lulls you to sleep and jumps the passing lanes.

Smart solid defender. Kidd crushes Ball on defense at the same stage. Ball crushes Kidd in shooting ability.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
take Fultz.