Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Combined)  (Read 4826 times)

Josh Jackson Thread (Combined)
« on: November 12, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Im very high on Thomas Bryant and Miles Bridges early in the season. Thomas runs the floor like a gazelle and seems to have a very high motor. Josh Jackson is super skinny compared to Jaylen and really didn't seem too confident in creating his own offense. He kept picking his dribble up as soon as he sensed pressure. Its still early but outside of athleticism, Im not seeing any skills. I'll stay tuned, and I cant wait to see Duke freshman back on the court.

Re: Please no Josh Jackson
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Im a fan of Fultz or Tatum. A shame Tatum broke his foot tho. Dennis Smith Jr is really good too. Not too big on Thomas Bryant, he was projected to go in the 40's last season.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Yeah Fultz, Tatum, Giles, Bridges, Smith Jr., and Fox are all players I'd be fine with if we took them with our Nets' pick. Such a deep draft and I believe we should absolutely keep this draft pick no matter the cost because of how deep this draft is.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 08:30:32 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Im a fan of Fultz or Tatum. A shame Tatum broke his foot tho. Dennis Smith Jr is really good too. Not too big on Thomas Bryant, he was projected to go in the 40's last season.
Didn't pay much attention to Bryant last year.  He did look good against Kansas but their bigs aren't as good as they usually are.  He'll probably go mid first at best so hopefully he won't be in play for our Nets pick. 

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
The best thing about picking 19 year olds is that we can go BPA. Our only legit long term contract is Al Horford, and b/c he can play both PF or C, it's reasonable to think that the Celtics could use a high draft pick on any position.

I want Harry Giles for his size and athleticism, besides all of the injuries.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:59:12 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Yes to Josh Jackson. I want tough headed physical players, not softies who crumbles in contact. That said, we should take the BPA, sans PG position. You can only draft so much PGs for the team.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:10:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
its too late. Hes super athletic, tough, gritty and cant shoot for Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. I resigned myself to Josh Jackson about a month ago.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Josh Jackson
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 02:54:05 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
You know who Josh Jackson plays like?? Marvin Williams in Charlotte without the ability to shoot. That's also exactly why we shouldn't draft him. Ainge scares me though with his drafting ability so we will see how it goes.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 03:13:06 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Yeah, I don't see a huge upgrade over Jaylen Brown here. If we pick a guy at the same position as one of your high draft picks, I want him to have a complementary skill set (not the same).

Josh Jackson is better than Wiggins
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 06:38:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

As a two way prospect. I'll take Jackson over Andrew any day.

Jackson fits right in with the Celtics. Tough, aggressive, high energy, a little nasty, athletic. Smart and Crowder write love him.

The thing that surprised me when digging deeper into his game, is that he's the defacto point guard. Frank Mason Jr will defer to him when Jackson wants the ball.

He's a very good ball handler, and Passer. More advance tham brown in those areas, especially ball handling.

Not a beautiful ball handler, but very confident and effective.

https://youtu.be/t-bvQOMYuLg

I already have Fultz gone #1 in my mind, but Jackson is currently my #2 Binkie right now.

Re: Josh Jackson is better than Wiggins
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 06:50:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Also Josh Jackson is the perfect small ball PF in today's NBA. He can guard the two three and four. He can switch into whoever.

Unselfish player, great teammate.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 01:03:07 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I agree he does have that nastiness about him the Wiggins doesn't have, and I think he will be better than Wiggins when its all said and done. If only we didn't draft Jaylen last year I would be drooling over Jackson, but he doesn't excite me that much. Maybe if he shows that he can play the 2, but still he can't shoot. There is only one player near our draft pick range that plays our biggest position of need and does everything we lack, and that's Giles. I'm praying that he has a Joel Embiid type season and climbs up the draft boards because if he plays to the level he did in high school and stays healthy, he could have the potential to be the best big in the league, and especially if Amir walks he could be a decent replacement at the 4. and btw thanks for that Ball pun  :P
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 01:17:38 PM »

Offline crud2k

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I don't agree that Jackson is better than wiggins. wiggins is an awesome shooter and can shoot the lights out and put up big scoring numbers. Jackson is shooting worse from 3 percentage wise than Brown did last year and we thought he has problems shooting. The only thing Jackson is better at is probably acting as a tall PG and dribbling and passing. But we need scoring and shooting more than another PG. Jacksons highligts don't seem very exciting as a dominate force.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

As a two way prospect. I'll take Jackson over Andrew any day.

Jackson fits right in with the Celtics. Tough, aggressive, high energy, a little nasty, athletic. Smart and Crowder write love him.

The thing that surprised me when digging deeper into his game, is that he's the defacto point guard. Frank Mason Jr will defer to him when Jackson wants the ball.

He's a very good ball handler, and Passer. More advance tham brown in those areas, especially ball handling.

Not a beautiful ball handler, but very confident and effective.

https://youtu.be/t-bvQOMYuLg

I already have Fultz gone #1 in my mind, but Jackson is currently my #2 Binkie right now.

Were the highlights you posted supposed to be impressive lol? This guy can't even cross over. He's a straight line driver. I honestly can't tell the difference between him and Corey Brewer. It's insulting to Wiggins to compare him with this guy. Wiggins is light years more athletic. You say he's a good ball handler, well I disagree. The nba will eat those handles alive imo. He's got great intangibles, height. That's about it.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Delete
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:36:59 PM by triboy16f »