Author Topic: Get Casspi Danny: 17th SF in real plus minus last year!!!!  (Read 1773 times)

Get Casspi Danny: 17th SF in real plus minus last year!!!!
« on: November 12, 2016, 04:00:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Don't hesitate on this chance Danny!!!! 

I would try to get BOTH Willie Cauley-Stein AND Casspi.

Casspi can help NOW for less than $3 million for this year total and Willie can be taught HOW to play real defense by Brad.  Willie is being paid $3.55 million this year, $3.7 next, 4.7 the next, and possibly 6.3 million in 2019/2020!!!  That is VERY CHEAP based on the new team salary structure(s)!!!

What would it take??

Rozier and Jerebko and a low first rounder??  That might be too much in the minds of some, but I think that is fair.

I would prefer to ONLY give up Young and Jerebko and the Memphis pick or something like that, but that will likely NOT get this done!!

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Get Casspi Danny: 17th SF in real plus minus last year!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Rozier and Jerebko and a low first rounder??  That might be too much in the minds of some, but I think that is fair.

I would do that in a heartbeat. Next year's draft is stacked with pg's. Move Rozier for a big while his value is still high!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yes danny hes boogies bff so maybe boogie will follow?  :D

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 05:12:08 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
I would trade Zeller, Jerebko and a couple of 2nd rounders. That's it.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:14:57 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Considering that there are 30 teams in the NBA, being the 17th best SF (by said RPM stat) in the NBA translates to approximately a tad bit worse than an average starter.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't hesitate on this chance Danny!!!! 

I would try to get BOTH Willie Cauley-Stein AND Casspi.

Casspi can help NOW for less than $3 million for this year total and Willie can be taught HOW to play real defense by Brad.  Willie is being paid $3.55 million this year, $3.7 next, 4.7 the next, and possibly 6.3 million in 2019/2020!!!  That is VERY CHEAP based on the new team salary structure(s)!!!

What would it take??

I would prefer to ONLY give up Young and Jerebko and the Memphis pick or something like that, but that will likely NOT get this done!!

Thoughts??

Smitty77
I also still wouldn't mind bringing in Ben Mclemore if we're trying to trade for WCS and Casspi.  Lol

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 05:57:12 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Considering that there are 30 teams in the NBA, being the 17th best SF (by said RPM stat) in the NBA translates to approximately a tad bit worse than an average starter.

He'd be a reserve here, so that's pretty good at 3M.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:08:48 PM by Mencius »

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 06:13:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I think you need to give up at least twice that much value.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 07:37:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I did NOT know that we were trying to trade for him to start:-)))))))))))))))  Starters do NOT usually get paid LESS than $3 million!!!

But, thanks so much for sharing that with me, as I truly could NOT have figured that out.

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
And IF they want Young, we include him as we are going to LOSE him anyway after this year!!!

Thoughts?

Smitty77