Author Topic: Sacramento looking to trade WCS/He wants larger rolr  (Read 5128 times)

Sacramento looking to trade WCS/He wants larger rolr
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2956
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2675486-willie-cauley-stein-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-on-kings-c

Could be a potential target for us. Or, if they'd trade him away, getting Noel from the Sixers could be a centerpiece in a deal for Boogie for us. I think I still prefer Noel though.

Re: Sacramento looking to trade WCS/He wants larger rolr
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:56:42 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
WCS would be alright, but he's not much of a rebounder either, at least from what I've heard/read. I think I would prefer him over Noel though, mainly because WCS is still cost controlled.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's basically bismack biyombo.   Poor man's Nerlens Noel.  If the price is right, it would be nice.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 02:12:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Rather have Noel .

Boogie Is the prize

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 02:28:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think he would be a good target to help fill the hole of size, rebounding and no cap space killing contract. 

He also would not cost the Celtics their top level assets to get him.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 02:29:10 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
He's a guy I wanted but didn't think he'd be available. I'd rather grab him on his rookie deal than take Noel at the end of his.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
He's a guy I wanted but didn't think he'd be available. I'd rather grab him on his rookie deal than take Noel at the end of his.
Coming out of that draft, I wanted him too.  He really fits nicely with Horford at the 4 and Crowder at the 3.  I am sure he can finish at the rim better than Zeller.

I'm fine to get him without giving up too much, certainly no BKN picks.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He's basically bismack biyombo.   Poor man's Nerlens Noel.  If the price is right, it would be nice.

I don't see that at all.

To me he seems more like Robin Lopez or John Henson.

He's not a great rebounder but he would provide finishing and shot blocking.  He plays a similar role offensively to Zeller, but his upside is much higher.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 02:40:28 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I liked him coming out of college, thought he was going to be an impact player.  Watched the first half of the Lakers game last night though, and was thoroughly unimpressed.  A guy of his skill set needs a high motor, and he certainly wasn't showing that.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 02:55:54 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
What about Jerebko and Bradley (and future Memphis pick) for Gay and WCS?

With Gay already planning to opt out, it seems like he might be on the move too? Kings need shooting and more production at shooting guard. Jerebko gives them a forward who can play both positions and spot up. Slide Afflalo over to small forward and put Bradley at the off guard position. I don't think they would primarily want assets, but instead they would want impact players to try to be a playoff team with Cousins this year. 

Celtics get a swing scorer who can play both forward positions and an athletic big who can defend. Both guys would help us on the boards. This makes us significantly bigger, stronger, and more athletic. Could Horford teach WCS the little things?

I mean, I don't want to give up Bradley, but with Smart and Rozier, we have the depth behind Bradley.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I would love to pick up WCS. He fits our timeline, he's way better defensively than Zeller, and he'd provide some rebounding (I know rebounding isn't his strong suit, but I anticipate that playing next to Boogie and the 3 other centers on the Kings has artificially deflated his numbers)
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 02:59:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

With Gay already planning to opt out, it seems like he might be on the move too? Kings need shooting and more production at shooting guard. Jerebko gives them a forward who can play both positions and spot up. Slide Afflalo over to small forward and put Bradley at the off guard position. I don't think they would primarily want assets, but instead they would want impact players to try to be a playoff team with Cousins this year. 

Celtics get a swing scorer who can play both forward positions and an athletic big who can defend. Both guys would help us on the boards. This makes us significantly bigger, stronger, and more athletic. Could Horford teach WCS the little things?

I mean, I don't want to give up Bradley, but with Smart and Rozier, we have the depth behind Bradley.

No.

Gay is the guy that makes teams better once he leaves.   (history shows this over and over)

Plus, the team doesn't need a 3rd  SF in place of a staring SG.   

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Good god know. 4 months of gay is worth James young if he is even a positive at all.

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 03:02:10 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I feel like Bradley is the best player in that deal and it's not close. I never want to give up the best player in a deal

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 03:02:30 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Maybe a WCS, Casspi for Jerebko, Young and next years Celtics 1st round pick.  (no Nets picks)

Throw in as many 2nd rounders as needed.