Author Topic: Mr Andrew Bogut  (Read 3897 times)

Mr Andrew Bogut
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So Zeller can be traded on Jan 15th, the Mavs are 2-6 and looking like they are gonna suck this year. Zeller gives them a non-guaranteed contract to trade on draft night or in the summer. What extra would we need to give to get the Mavs to trade us Bogut?

Would Demetrius Jackson do it? Or the rights to Thornton or Nader? Or a few of our plethora of picks; we have 2017 2nds form Minny, Cleveland and LAC, a 2019 2nd from Detroit and a 2020 2nd from Miami, plus our own 2nds from 2018.

Personally I'd like to throw in the rights to Thornton and one or both of the Cleveland and LAC picks. They are all very minor throwaway assets that we don't need and to Dallas they help in some small way build their base of youth. Plus the Zeller contract might come in handy for them.

The only thing that might stop me from doing this would be saving the Zeller contract for chasing Cousins but as much as I'd love that I think it unlikely during the season, we may have to wait until the off season for that to happen

Re: Mr Andrew Bogut
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I want Cousins here, but I truthfully think the Kings really are asking for way too much for Cousins (even rival executives and GM's expressed the same sentiment).

Kings are 4-6 now, they may keep Cousins in hope of competing for a playoff spot (although with Gay all but gone... it's Cousins and a bunch of "nobodies" after this season).

Would give up Zeller, James Young, 2017 Cavaliers 2nd for Bogut. That's about it.

Are the Mavs really looking to trade Bogut though? But you can't deny the Celtics NEED Bogut, especially for his rebounding.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:47:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is my favorite non-star big to go after.

He would help with the Celtics weakness.

He wouldn't be a negative towards next years cap room plans. 

No way he costs the top Celtic pieces.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If I were the Mavs, I would hold out for the 2019 Clipper pick.

If Bogut has any ability to influence where he would go if traded, he's going to press for a situation where he has a chance to re-sign for a long-term contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:03 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The benefit for the Mavs getting Zeller is they have the option of bringing him back next year if they strike out if the FA market or with trades.  Most likely Bogut won't resign there.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

If Bogut has any ability to influence where he would go if traded, he's going to press for a situation where he has a chance to re-sign for a long-term contract.
I agree they'd want a better pick but giving up a 1st is too much.  I think the 2017 TWolves 2nd pick should get it done.  The best part is that getting Bogut doesn't preclude us from trading for Cousins or going after a top tier free agent next offseason.  We've got Amir's contract to use to salary match in a Cousins trade. 

Cousins, Horford, Bogut and Olynyk would give us a very good front court which is exactly what we need to compete against the Cavs and GSW. 

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I agree they'd want a better pick but giving up a 1st is too much.  I think the 2017 TWolves 2nd pick should get it done.  The best part is that getting Bogut doesn't preclude us from trading for Cousins or going after a top tier free agent next offseason.  We've got Amir's contract to use to salary match in a Cousins trade. 

It's perfectly reasonable for them to want more than you'd be willing to give up.  If not a first, then multiple quality seconds.  It's perfectly reasonable for them to keep him if they don't get what they want.  His price should be based on the assumption that he is more than a rental and the team that acquires him is interested in retaining him for $20+ million/year.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 01:01:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't know about Bogut.  He is putting up 3.7 pts and 10.8 rebs in 25.8 min/gm on a bad team for $11M.  i don't see the needle moving enough to warrant bringing him in unless it really was something low value like Zeller, Jackson and a second round pick.

The rebounds would be good but I don't see him necessarily maintaining that level on the Celtics.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:12:57 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I don't know about Bogut.  He is putting up 3.7 pts and 10.8 rebs in 25.8 min/gm for $11M.  i don't see the needle moving enough to warrant bringing him in unless it really was something low value like Zeller, Jackson and a second round pick.

Remember, we're not just paying for his productivity, but the legend as well...

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm all in on Bogut. Or Chandler. Maybe Noel if neither of these guys suit Danny's liking
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
I don't know about Bogut.  He is putting up 3.7 pts and 10.8 rebs in 25.8 min/gm on a bad team for $11M.  i don't see the needle moving enough to warrant bringing him in unless it really was something low value like Zeller, Jackson and a second round pick.

The rebounds would be good but I don't see him necessarily maintaining that level on the Celtics.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't want to move core guys for him. But if he is just taking Zeller's role and possibly some Amir minutes then I think he's an upgrade

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm all in on Bogut. Or Chandler. Maybe Noel if neither of these guys suit Danny's liking

Chandler the player works.

Chandler the contract makes it a major no. 

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 03:06:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Yeah I completely understand. The contract is the biggest obstacle. If Danny were ok with taking on the contract though, I wonder whether he could get any other sort of compensation from Phoenix too.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeah I completely understand. The contract is the biggest obstacle. If Danny were ok with taking on the contract though, I wonder whether he could get any other sort of compensation from Phoenix too.

That's just it.   The size for this season doesn't matter.

It is the choking hazard it is the next two seasons to the goal of getting star players on this team that does.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

That's just it.   The size for this season doesn't matter.

It is the choking hazard it is the next two seasons to the goal of getting star players on this team that does.

If we were to pull off a trade for a superstar wing midseason then I'd be down with trading for Chandler. However I don't see any wings on the market so it is unlikely