Author Topic: Trade idea: IT4 for Noel and Okafor??  (Read 2459 times)

Re: Trade idea: IT4 for Noel and Okafor??
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
My only reaction to this proposal is disgust.

I agree. If they can't play together there at all, why in the world would we want them both on our team?

Not that I am definitely on board with this idea, but I believe the answer to your question would be:

Because each would play well with Horford (as would any big, really). Okafor would likely be coming off the bench while Noel and Horford would be a formidable starting front court combination.

IT is really the only person on our team who can create his own shot whenever he wants to and this would likely make us worse in the short term, but it's not the worst idea in the world.

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
My only reaction to this proposal is disgust.

I agree. If they can't play together there at all, why in the world would we want them both on our team?

Not that I am definitely on board with this idea, but I believe the answer to your question would be:

Because each would play well with Horford (as would any big, really). Okafor would likely be coming off the bench while Noel and Horford would be a formidable starting front court combination.

IT is really the only person on our team who can create his own shot whenever he wants to and this would likely make us worse in the short term, but it's not the worst idea in the world.

Ok so giving up an all star averaging 25 points and 7 assists for a game for one guy that can start and one guy that will come off the bench when said tandem will be costing us 4 times the salary starting next year? This doesn't make any sense at all and would immensely help a team in our division. Can't we just admit when a trade is awful? Nothing against the OP and cheers for thinking out loud, but it just doesn't make any sense.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
What if we did IT4 for Okafor and the Lakers pick? We are basically just trading one 5'9 offense only player for a 6'11 offense only player and getting a pick back.

Not sure I would want this, but it makes more sense than going for Noel. Spit balling here obviously.

Any other ideas from you guys?
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
What if we did IT4 for Okafor and the Lakers pick? We are basically just trading one 5'9 offense only player for a 6'11 offense only player and getting a pick back.

Not sure I would want this, but it makes more sense than going for Noel. Spit balling here obviously.

Any other ideas from you guys?

We don't need offense, we need defense and rebounding. If we can only trade with Philly a Rozier for Noel trade makes sense when Noel is healthy. Giving up IT creates a whole new set of problems for us.

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 04:56:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
IT, like it or not, is the face of our franchise right now.

I know there is always a lot of talk on here about us not resigning him when his contract is up, so get something for him now. Unless we get a real star for him in return, we should not trade him right now, and neither Noel nor Okafor is that.

IT recruited Horford to come here and play with him, his fellow all-star. Trading him right now, our recruiter and face of the franchise, would make us look really bad and would be some bad juju.

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I know there is always a lot of talk on here about us not resigning him when his contract is up, so get something for him now. Unless we get a real star for him in return, we should not trade him right now, and neither Noel nor Okafor is that.

IT recruited Horford to come here and play with him, his fellow all-star. Trading him right now, our recruiter and face of the franchise, would make us look really bad and would be some bad juju.
TP. I wanted to write something like this but I was kinda lazy lol.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Walker was the face of the franchise.  Traded.  Pierce was the face of the franchise.  Traded.  Rondo was the face of the franchise.  Traded. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 09:01:54 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Walker was the face of the franchise.  Traded.  Pierce was the face of the franchise.  Traded.  Rondo was the face of the franchise.  Traded.

Pierce and Rondo were also well past their primes on teams that had little chance of making the playoffs.  They're not comparable situations at all
I'm bitter.