Author Topic: Trade idea: IT4 for Noel and Okafor??  (Read 2452 times)

Trade idea: IT4 for Noel and Okafor??
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:44:04 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
IT and Gerald Green for Noel and Okafor   

I know most will hate this idea (I am not even sure I'm sold on it).

Just trying to solve the rebounding problem and thinking long term. Of course we would probably win fewer games this year.  But think four years from now when these 2 young bucks are approaching their prime and IT is on the other side of 30, losing the one thing his game depends on:  his athleticism.

Ok let me have it (but let's be civil) .

Re: Trade idea: IT4 for Noel and Okafor??
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Okafor and Noel can't play together
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Neither team accepts it.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:48:22 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I don't mind trading IT but i would ask Noel plus their or the lakers pick. Smart and Bradley is excelent backcourt for the future and Noel is defensive rebounding center plus another high pick next to the Nets picks, we would be loaded

I think it might be good to trade IT when his valuue is highest because in 2018 i would rather pay Avery than IT

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I like it.  I like it a lot.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My only reaction to this proposal is disgust.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If you want to solve the rebounding problem, Noel and Okafor are players you should stay far away from.  Noel is roughly at Amir's level (aka okay, but not great), and Okafor is several steps below that
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I don't mind trading IT but i would ask Noel plus their or the lakers pick. Smart and Bradley is excelent backcourt for the future and Noel is defensive rebounding center plus another high pick next to the Nets picks, we would be loaded

I think it might be good to trade IT when his valuue is highest because in 2018 i would rather pay Avery than IT

I like this a lot.  Of course I would want the better of the two picks.

I, too, would rather pay AB.

TP

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
If i was Philly, i'd jump all over this.
Boston isnt getting enough IMO. Are we forgetting that IT4 is an allstar?

Gimme some picks
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 01:24:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
My only reaction to this proposal is disgust.

I agree. If they can't play together there at all, why in the world would we want them both on our team?

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I like this trade, but really it is too much for IT.  He really isn’t worth it.  Yes he puts up 2- points a game, but he is a volume shooter and for very big shot he makes he misses two.   There was a point in the Cleveland loss where he was right in the chest (I think his head was about at shoulder height) of J.R. Smith and smith just calmly drained a three like he was wide open.  IT was in perfect position but at a 5’9 and an equally small wingspan he couldn’t even pester the shot.   IT has one year left after this one and he will be really hard to trade next year because of that. He needs to be traded by the dead line this year or we won’t get anything for him, or at best a lot less then we can this year.   There are a few well hyped point guards with size in the draft this year and I think that needs to be the focus.  The sooner we trade him the longer Smart has top show he can run the point.  If he can’t and we can draft anyone of Markell Fultz, Dennis Smith, Lonzo Ball, or De’Aaron Fox, I say do it. 

Next year our roster just may look something like this:

PG: Lonzo Ball/Marcus Smart/Demetrius Jackson
SG: Jaylan Brown/Avery Bradly/ Terry Rozier
SF: Gordon Hayward/Jay Crowder/Nader
PF: Al Horford/Kelly Olynyk/Guerschon Yabusele
 C: Noel/Zizic/Mickey

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I like this trade, but really it is too much for IT.  He really isn’t worth it.  Yes he puts up 2- points a game, but he is a volume shooter and for very big shot he makes he misses two.   There was a point in the Cleveland loss where he was right in the chest (I think his head was about at shoulder height) of J.R. Smith and smith just calmly drained a three like he was wide open.  IT was in perfect position but at a 5’9 and an equally small wingspan he couldn’t even pester the shot.   IT has one year left after this one and he will be really hard to trade next year because of that. He needs to be traded by the dead line this year or we won’t get anything for him, or at best a lot less then we can this year.   There are a few well hyped point guards with size in the draft this year and I think that needs to be the focus.  The sooner we trade him the longer Smart has top show he can run the point.  If he can’t and we can draft anyone of Markell Fultz, Dennis Smith, Lonzo Ball, or De’Aaron Fox, I say do it. 

Solid 8th seed.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

Great back to the days of good defense but wishing we had a good offensive player to create his own shots.  IT does way too much for this team..
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Now is not the time to trade IT. 

Team does not need to take a step back in offense to just add rebounding.

They need to add rebounding without taking away the offense.