Author Topic: You think Kings could give us some of their bigs?  (Read 2274 times)

You think Kings could give us some of their bigs?
« on: November 08, 2016, 04:09:33 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Demarcus Cousins - $35M, guaranteed til 2018
Willie Caulie Stein - $7M, team option in 2018
Kousta Koufus - $16M, player option in 2018
Giorgios Papagianis - $4.5M, team option in 2018
Skal Labissier - $2.4M, team option in 2018

Who would you want? Of course, Cousins is off limits, unless you are willing to sell the farm to the Kings. You can send Zeller for WCS, because their kinda even cap wise but Kings would hang the phone. I think all of them are very affordable at this point (minus Boogie). Propose your cheapest but realistic offers.

Re: You think Kings could give us some of their bigs?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:53:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I've liked WCS since Kentucky (was hoping Ainge would make a trade to draft him), but he is probably not attainable without giving the Kings a valuable asset.

I might take Skal for a non-BKN pick and salary filler.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
We should really start working on our trade proposal for Cousins (like never before lol). They may blow it up sooner than later but not sure we match up other than the 2 Brooklyn picks. They may want Bradley and I can live with that.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Id go AJ, Jerekbo, Rozier, and Nets 2018 for Gay, WCS and Lab.
But then flip Gay and Zeller to Bucks for Monroe.
Basically get guys who can grow and also a guy to help win now which seems to be the C's situation.

Celtics can go two different starter sets of
A) IT, AB, Crowder, Hordeford, WCS
B) IT, AB, Crowder, Hordeford, Monroe

I like the A team so Monroe can be the focus weapon off the bench with the second unit. That would lead to rotation and depth charts of

Rotation (underline are the reserves likely to DNP)
PG=IT/Smart/DJ
SG=AB/Smart/Brown/Young
SF=Crowder/Green/Brown
PF=Hordeford/Monroe/Mickey/Lab
C= WCS/Monroe/KO/Lab

Depth chart
PG=IT/Smart/DJ
SG=AB/Brown/Young
SF=Crowder/Green
PF=Hordeford/Mickey/Lab
C=WCS/Monroe/KO

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 01:24:31 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
A lot of these trade offers i've seen for Bigs, involve very young bigmen.
I have two problems with this.

• They will do very little to help the existing rebounding issue (WCS, GP, and Skal combine for currently 3 rebounds a game)
  • By getting younger bigs, you might as well trade the rights to Zizic and Yabusele right now. 

The only big from Sac i could see us getting is Koufos; probably for Rozier + NonBK pick
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 02:03:20 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I like Kosta, but he isn't worth killing the possible max cap space next year. 

But he would add the size and rebounding the team needs.  (Celtics don't need a starter)

Of course, I am sure the Celtics could just trade him for cap space in the offseason if needed. 

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
jackson was sent to the rew claws were getting cousins!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

But he would add the size and rebounding the team needs.  (Celtics don't need a starter)

Of course, I am sure the Celtics could just trade him for cap space in the offseason if needed.
I wonder if the C's will be willing to sacrifice their cap space next year in order to add the big that this team needs.

Monroe could be a good addition since I expect him to opt out this summer so he could preserve our flexibility. I've read that his defense has been better this year.

Bogut is in the last year of his contract, maybe if the Mavs stumble they would deal him.

Those two are the only guys I can think of that would solve the issue and not tie up long term money.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I wonder if the C's will be willing to sacrifice their cap space next year in order to add the big that this team needs.

Monroe could be a good addition since I expect him to opt out this summer so he could preserve our flexibility. I've read that his defense has been better this year.

Bogut is in the last year of his contract, maybe if the Mavs stumble they would deal him.

Those two are the only guys I can think of that would solve the issue and not tie up long term money.

Yeah, those are probably the best options if we want to maintain max cap space.

Moranis has been a huge advocate of sacrificing cap space to pick up Tyson Chandler from Phoenix. If we can't do anything else, and if this is turning out to become a real issue, I wouldn't be that opposed to trading for Chandler either. We might even be able to get some compensation for taking up his salary from Phoenix.

The question then becomes: do you want to go for the more elite rebounder? Then we have to go for Chandler. But if we want the solid rebounder and also a fairly solid defensive presence, maybe Bogut is the better choice.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Yeah, those are probably the best options if we want to maintain max cap space.

Moranis has been a huge advocate of sacrificing cap space to pick up Tyson Chandler from Phoenix. If we can't do anything else, and if this is turning out to become a real issue, I wouldn't be that opposed to trading for Chandler either. We might even be able to get some compensation for taking up his salary from Phoenix.

The question then becomes: do you want to go for the more elite rebounder? Then we have to go for Chandler. But if we want the solid rebounder and also a fairly solid defensive presence, maybe Bogut is the better choice.

One other thing to consider with Chandler is how easy it would be to dump his contract if we needed to this summer.  It'll be a big expiring contract, probably something that could be dumped with a late first or early second.  And then if we don't end up needing the cap space (aka if we strike out on big names in FA), we could just keep him for the extra year
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
One other thing to consider with Chandler is how easy it would be to dump his contract if we needed to this summer.  It'll be a big expiring contract, probably something that could be dumped with a late first or early second.  And then if we don't end up needing the cap space (aka if we strike out on big names in FA), we could just keep him for the extra year

He has two more seasons on his contract after this one.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 02:47:34 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Wait, really? They gave a fully guaranteed 4 year contract to a 33-year-old Tyson Chandler? Yikes, I'd rather stay away, then (although the Suns might give us a pretty good piece in exchange for taking him off their hands)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 08:40:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Wait, really? They gave a fully guaranteed 4 year contract to a 33-year-old Tyson Chandler? Yikes, I'd rather stay away, then (although the Suns might give us a pretty good piece in exchange for taking him off their hands)
They did, but his contract isn't huge dollars in the new NBA landscape and he is still performing.  Also, remember they signed Chandler to try and lure Aldridge there in free agency. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

They did, but his contract isn't huge dollars in the new NBA landscape and he is still performing.  Also, remember they signed Chandler to try and lure Aldridge there in free agency.

It's still large enough that you'd have to give away a late first if he fell off a cliff and you wanted to get rid of him next summer.

Chandler reportedly turned down an opportunity to be traded this summer, so I would lean towards viewing him as someone who is probably not available.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 10:39:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

It's still large enough that you'd have to give away a late first if he fell off a cliff and you wanted to get rid of him next summer.

Chandler reportedly turned down an opportunity to be traded this summer, so I would lean towards viewing him as someone who is probably not available.
wouldn't it depend on where he was being traded to.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip