Author Topic: Dennis Smith Jr first college preseason game. 22 pts, 6 assists, 5 rebounds  (Read 4064 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
For those interested, this guy will be a serious consideration for the Brooklyn pick if it's top 5.
First game for NC State. Competition is trash but good first look at him. Looks very tasty indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGsIXO2pub8
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He looks good. It gets said about a lot of players, but he literally looks like he's bouncing off a trampoline.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Chances are he could end up the #1 draft pick and Pelicans are on their way to the lottery. They look worse than the Nets, despite the emergence of Anthony Davis. New Orleans are in dire need of a point guard.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Chances are he could end up the #1 draft pick and Pelicans are on their way to the lottery. They look worse than the Nets, despite the emergence of Anthony Davis. New Orleans are in dire need of a point guard.

Let's pray those Brook Lopez trade rumors are true.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nice... but i still think Fultz is better

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Agree that Fultz is better, but this draft and thereby the Nets Pick will be perceived as a lot better if there are 2 guys making a  legitimate play for the top spot. Smith Jr preserves the value of the pick it it ends up at #2 whether it's us taking him or another team in need of a young stud PG.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
He's the best athlete in the draft, hands down (and there are a few "elite" level athletes so that's saying a lot). The Stevie Francis comps are very fair. This kid may be even more explosive than Francis. He's only a freshman but man can he "explode".

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
He's the best athlete in the draft, hands down (and there are a few "elite" level athletes so that's saying a lot). The Stevie Francis comps are very fair. This kid may be even more explosive than Francis. He's only a freshman but man can he "explode".

I'm not totally sure about that...Bam and Josh Jackson are crazy athletes too.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I'm not totally sure about that...Bam and Josh Jackson are crazy athletes too.
I agree and I did mention that there are a few other "elite" level athletes but I believe DSjr is on mount Rushmore. You can even put Malik Monk on that elite list. He's also crazy athletic.
You'll just have to watch this kid as he'll get a lot of playing time and he will do some amazing things. I just hope he doesn't get hurt as he's very aggressive and this isn't HS anymore.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

agreed....blossomegame the other I know of