Poll

Would You Pull The Trigger?

Yes
33 (94.3%)
No
1 (2.9%)
I'll give it 25 games before deciding...
0 (0%)
Are you high?
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: I Made This Trade Idea For Cousins At The Sactown Royalty Site  (Read 6815 times)

Re: I Made This Trade Idea For Cousins At The Sactown Royalty Site
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would do that deal and I'm as anti-Cryousins as anyone.

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Who was the 1 person who voted no? Lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 09:11:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Who was the 1 person who voted no? Lol

I assume someone who would rather keep all these assets and hope we can land Cousins in 2018 Free Agency.

That's a potentially reasonable option too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Ainge needs to keep pressing the Kings with the 2017 Nets pick and hold firm that the pick is off the table if they wait too long.

The Kings are in a position were they can do a total reboot in one year and possibly resemble the T Wolves. This up coming draft is stacked and the Kings could end up getting two franchise players with theirs and the Nets picks. Ainge should be reminding them of this possibility everyday.

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
This team with Demarcus Cousins does not win a championship...So what's the point? He's a mental case that has never won or made the playoffs. Draft another top 5 player if Brooklyn stinks again and hope you hit. Trading for a guy like Davis, Westbrook, or Lilliard makes sense. For Cousins? No.

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 09:44:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Ainge needs to keep pressing the Kings with the 2017 Nets pick and hold firm that the pick is off the table if they wait too long.

The Kings are in a position were they can do a total reboot in one year and possibly resemble the T Wolves. This up coming draft is stacked and the Kings could end up getting two franchise players with theirs and the Nets picks. Ainge should be reminding them of this possibility everyday.

Kings are 4-5 now and their front office seems to think they can contend for a playoff spot with their current roster and Cousins.

You're completely right, but it seems other teams have inquired about Cousins and they say his price is "way too high", and other execs and GM's seem to think the Kings will keep Cousins for the duration of his contract (unless Cousins openly demands a trade soon).

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2016, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
This team with Demarcus Cousins does not win a championship...So what's the point? He's a mental case that has never won or made the playoffs. Draft another top 5 player if Brooklyn stinks again and hope you hit. Trading for a guy like Davis, Westbrook, or Lilliard makes sense. For Cousins? No.

Cousins is a top-5 big in the league who can both score and rebound.

Also for people saying "Cousins can't lead his team into the playoffs", Anthony Davis is on a Pelicans team that is currently 0-8, is he also a "scrub who can't lead his team into the playoffs"?

Yeah, there's risk involved either way with his attitude and asking prices, but even trading for a guy like Anthony Davis or Lillard is a risk because you give up half the roster and future picks to acquire that player. Cousins, with his contract situation and attitude, may not cost as much and does create mismatches against teams like Cleveland and Golden State.

You want Tyler Zeller on Tristan Thompson in some points in games?  ::)

Will you win a championship with Davis OR Lillard + nobodies? I don't think so.

It's fine to keep the 2017 Nets pick if Cousins is untouchable, but you better hit on that pick because I doubt the Nets will stay bad next season.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Yes if we traded Rozier, I would kill myself if we traded Smart
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer