Poll

Which big man would you like to see the Celtics acquire?

DeMarcus Cousins
LaMarcus Aldridge
Nerlens Noel
Jahlil Okafor
Greg Monroe
Jusuf Nurkic
Nikola Jokic
Nikola Vucevic
Tyson Chandler
Marcin Gortat
Other
C's don't need to trade for a big man

Author Topic: Big Man Trade Targets (Poll)  (Read 5886 times)

Re: Big Man Trade Targets (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 11:53:15 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I like Jokic by a landslide.  I'd be willing to give up a lot for him.  He would be perfect for Stevens' system and fill our biggest hole.  Marcus + 2018 BK + 2019 Celtics pick + Memphis pick?  Is that even enough?

I like both Denver bigs but is either worth a BK pick?  Part of me wants to hold on to those picks unless they are part of a package for an all star.
You gotta give to get. Ideally, we would send the 18 pick and not the 17.
Ideally, we should all consider value and those BKN picks are much more valuable than Jokic and there is a distinct possibility that BKN trades Lopez for younger talent to mold....which would increase their value more. Even if BKN keeps Lopez and every player remains healthy (doubtful) BKN still has a very strong chance to get us another top 5 pick or even a top 3 or 1st pick on lottery night.

JBP126 knows how much I want Okafor, especially because IMO he is the most undervalued player in the League. But idk what his value is to the sixers and would love a way to get him without giving up Jaylen/ starters 1-4/ BKN picks.....that means Marcus Smart and any other of the guys we have.....which would be pure music to my ears.
Also, the Sixers have the Lakers top3 protected pick this year.

You're operating on the assumption that a top five pick is guaranteed to work out.  What if he's a stiff?  My chief concern is the Celtics are on a time table with this collection of players, with Horford at the center of it all. With the right piece, now, we could go toe to toe with LeFlop in the playoffs.

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:34 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Panic moves on BKN picks already? 2018 is stacked with talented bigs as I heard. I would hold on it until at least the end of this season before completely giving up on them.

I don't believe Danny is convinced that this team is ready to compete for a title and rashly spending our assests for a temporary need could hurt us long term.

I think the best big we could get now is someone from the waivers that Danny will pick up or just minor trades that doesn't hurt us long term.

Gortat, Monroe and possibly Chandler are the most realistic options since they will be cheap but the two of them won't really solve our rim protection woes.

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 01:00:35 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Panic moves on BKN picks already? 2018 is stacked with talented bigs as I heard. I would hold on it until at least the end of this season before completely giving up on them.

I don't believe Danny is convinced that this team is ready to compete for a title and rashly spending our assests for a temporary need could hurt us long term.

I think the best big we could get now is someone from the waivers that Danny will pick up or just minor trades that doesn't hurt us long term.

Gortat, Monroe and possibly Chandler are the most realistic options since they will be cheap but the two of them won't really solve our rim protection woes.
Don't want to take on any of those three's contracts.  Danny needs to wait until some other GMs panic and fleece them. 

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:35 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Seems like panic move to trade for a big man now
As we just signed horford
Though both horford and olynyk have injuries

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 03:53:58 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Maybe we should take a chance on guys like Thomas Robinson and Hasheem Thabeet.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 06:12:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

We already had to cut an asset due having a ton of draft picks.   This will happen again, I would guess.

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
With Zizic and Yabusele stashed and the Nets picks in the pipeline, I think the likeliest trade target is a big man on an expiring contract who won't necessarily be in the team's long-term plans.
Sounds like Nerlens is your guy.  I voted for him because I think he is the best player who I actually attainable.  That said...

Do you really want to trade away assets for Noel only to have him walk at the end of the season?  More conventional GM thinking says to not make a trade and wait until the off-season to sign Noel outright.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 07:32:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Zizic and Yabusele stashed

I think the former will be a better nba player than the latter.

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
With Zizic and Yabusele stashed and the Nets picks in the pipeline, I think the likeliest trade target is a big man on an expiring contract who won't necessarily be in the team's long-term plans.
Sounds like Nerlens is your guy.  I voted for him because I think he is the best player who I actually attainable.  That said...

Do you really want to trade away assets for Noel only to have him walk at the end of the season?  More conventional GM thinking says to not make a trade and wait until the off-season to sign Noel outright.
and waste a year of Horford and get another year closer to massive raises for Thomas, Bradley, and Crowder.  The time to move is now.  Boston didn't sign Horford to build a contender around Brown and the other Brooklyn picks years from now.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I am willing to give up the level of assets that are commensurate with the idea of treating Noel as a rental.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

and waste a year of Horford and get another year closer to massive raises for Thomas, Bradley, and Crowder.  The time to move is now.  Boston didn't sign Horford to build a contender around Brown and the other Brooklyn picks years from now.

The goal is to build a contender with Horford now while preserving the ability to build a contender around Brown and future picks that can win a title after Horford's current contract is over.  It's not an either/or situation.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 12:06:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The goal is to build a contender with Horford now while preserving the ability to build a contender around Brown and future picks that can win a title after Horford's current contract is over.  It's not an either/or situation.
Now, now NOW.  Do it Danny!

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 12:16:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Now, now NOW.  Do it Danny!

Don't panic.  Trust the process.

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I voted DMC cos we have enough assets to make a run at him. I would like us to have a go at Willie Caulie Stein
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think Blake Griffin or Noel would be perfect for our system/roster