Author Topic: Nuggets (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) Game #6 11/6/16  (Read 49217 times)

Re: Nuggets (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) Game #6 11/6/16
« Reply #435 on: November 07, 2016, 10:09:53 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
We have lost Crowder and Horford and don't have KO yet and have a rookie at SF.   We are a team that injuries can hurt badly.   All our alleged depth is an illusion, we have depth at certain positions like guards.

The refs were horrible, too, and helped build the Denver lead.

But the bottom line is; it was a disgusting game, we played like crap.
The refs were actually pretty good.  The replays where Tommy complained pretty much showed the foul calls were legit.  We lost because of a lack of effort and aggressiveness. 

« Reply #436 on: November 07, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Good news: there is only going up from here.
Hopefully this game will be a lesson.
I'm not sure what makes you think that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #437 on: November 07, 2016, 11:40:36 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
What a f*** was this last night? At first I wasn't sure if I was watching our Summerleague-team or real one? I'm not interested in any excuses. Terrible!

« Reply #438 on: November 07, 2016, 11:44:44 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Maybe the fact that we're gonna be almost fully healthy, as Horford and Olynyk are gonna be back on Wednesday. That should lead to less minutes for guys like Zeller, Jonas, and Mickey.

I think it's very clear that there really is no worse we can do at this point. There's nowhere to go but up.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #439 on: November 07, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Just the optimistic in me.

« Reply #440 on: November 07, 2016, 12:16:31 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This game was very bad from the get go. We have ZERO inside presence. I don't know if our "small ball" is going to work in the long run. We got spanked by the Nuggets at home?! Granted Mudiay and everyone else shot lights out but come on. What happened to our defense. Nobody could stop Mudiay. Jaylen Brown looked as bad as I have ever seen. Hopefully effort can turn this around in the future but effort alone will not make us a contender. All the projections of the Celtics being the next team after Cleveland in the east has changed now hasn't it? There is no way we are as good as Toronto or Indiana and the way I see it now is we may be fighting for the 5th through 8th seed in the East. Yes when and if Horford and Crowder come back we will get better and if soft Kelly ever plays again he certainly isn't the answer. It's time to get an inside presence. Some of those shots last night by Brown were just plain ugly. He needs to regain some composure. I was slightly impressed with Jackson a few times last night. Sorry but my glass is half empty.

« Reply #441 on: November 07, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Horford is 10x better than Zeller.  Crowder is 10x better than Jaylen.  It makes sense why we'd struggle without probably our two best two-way players.

« Reply #442 on: November 08, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Maybe the fact that we're gonna be almost fully healthy, as Horford and Olynyk are gonna be back on Wednesday. That should lead to less minutes for guys like Zeller, Jonas, and Mickey.

I think it's very clear that there really is no worse we can do at this point. There's nowhere to go but up.
Horford has made "no progress in the concussion protocol" and is thus not coming back on Wednesday. I'm sure it's a bit premature to panic, but I anyone who has monitored the tail end of Mark Savard's career should be at least a tad worried.

Also, either Jerebko or Zeller will be a part of our regular big rotation, so there is only that much that their minutes will go down. We'll probably still be better than we were the other night, but I find the unbridled optimism a little ... optimistic :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #443 on: November 08, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Horford has made "no progress in the concussion protocol" and is thus not coming back on Wednesday. I'm sure it's a bit premature to panic, but I anyone who has monitored the tail end of Mark Savard's career should be at least a tad worried.

Also, either Jerebko or Zeller will be a part of our regular big rotation, so there is only that much that their minutes will go down. We'll probably still be better than we were the other night, but I find the unbridled optimism a little ... optimistic :P

Ok, that's true now. When you first asked your question, and when i first responded, we didn't know that. I hope the team isnt hiding another injury he has from us.

The optimism made sense before we knew that Horford hasn't made any progress. Now, obviously, its a different situation.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about