Author Topic: A Boogie trade that surprisingly makes a lot of sense  (Read 1536 times)

A Boogie trade that surprisingly makes a lot of sense
« on: November 05, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Sacramento Kings receive: Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja, Fournier

Orlando Magic receive: Cousins, Gay, McLemore, Second Round pick

This makes sense for both teams, Kings get a fresh start with some exciting youth and assists, plus move Cousins to another conference. They also get a salary dump moving Gay.

Orlando quickly move back into contention with Cousins and get another franchise big that continues their tradition, they get Gay who in the right environment just like JR Smith can really contribute and McLemore who's talent was being wasted in a toxic environment.

Does anyone else like this trade?

Re: A Boogie trade that surprisingly makes a lot of sense
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 09:09:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Doesn't this put Boogie into pretty much in the same situation he is in now? He'd have an easier chance to make the playoffs, but the supporting cast has real problems.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Doesn't this put Boogie into pretty much in the same situation he is in now? He'd have an easier chance to make the playoffs, but the supporting cast has real problems.

I think Orlando is a much better option for Cousins. The Magic franchise as a whole is much more competent, Frank Vogel is a very good coach, Cousins with have Ibaka next to him, who in my opinion is the perfect partner for Boogie and who make possibly the most dangerous front court duos in the league, he will have Payton the pass first point he has been dying for, Biyombo, Jeff Green, DJ Augustin off the bench and that is all without any off-season adjustments to make the team more suited to Cousins.

Cousins/Biyombo
Ibaka/Zimmerman
Gay/Green
McLemore/Meeks/CJ Wilcox
Payton/Augustin/Watson
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:25:29 PM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I see your point but I feel for Sacramento, while getting decent pieces, the trade lacks that one blue chip prospect unless they are really high on Gordon.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I see your point but I feel for Sacramento, while getting decent pieces, the trade lacks that one blue chip prospect unless they are really high on Gordon.

Yeah, this is kind-of one of those once you drive the car off the lot, it immediately loses value situations. Hezonja and Gordon were worth quite a bit on draft night, but, while still promising, neither has proven to be a surefire star.

Vuc and Fournier are nice pieces, though, and Sac would be getting four quality, young players to build around.

On a related note, Orlando has quietly put together a pretty good team (not record-wise this year). On the surface, it's easy to assume that Cousins would be going to a crap team after losing all of these piece; however, a team with Ibaka, Payton, Biyombo, Green, and then adding Gay and McLemore isn't as dire as one might think.