Author Topic: Rumor: Raptors interested in Noel  (Read 13602 times)

Re: Rumor: Raptors interested in Noel
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:38 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I still think Noel is our best bet at improving the team this year, especially with how we've played so far. As I said in the other thread, we're pretty set offensively right now, but we need some extreme help on the boards and in interior defense, both of which he could bring.

If Amir wasn't looking so old and playing so crappy, we could probably get by with him, but I think we're a legitimate title contender with a true rim protector and rebounder like Noel.

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I still think Noel is our best bet at improving the team this year, especially with how we've played so far. As I said in the other thread, we're pretty set offensively right now, but we need some extreme help on the boards and in interior defense, both of which he could bring.

If Amir wasn't looking so old and playing so crappy, we could probably get by with him, but I think we're a legitimate title contender with a true rim protector and rebounder like Noel.
Everyone else would have to step up their defense as well but there's certainly room for that.

Noel does have a ton of potential and I think an athletic rim runner like Noel, next to Horford, would be a nice fit and give a new dynamic to the offense it doesn't currently have. Title contention would be a stretch but not out of the realm of possibility.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Everyone else would have to step up their defense as well but there's certainly room for that.

Noel does have a ton of potential and I think an athletic rim runner like Noel, next to Horford, would be a nice fit and give a new dynamic to the offense it doesn't currently have. Title contention would be a stretch but not out of the realm of possibility.
Didn't see this anywhere else

updated idea is Corey Joseph and late first

http://thesixersense.com/2016/11/05/philadelphia-76ers-seek-1st-round-pick-cory-joseph-nerlens-noel/

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:37 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

http://thesixersense.com/2016/11/05/philadelphia-76ers-seek-1st-round-pick-cory-joseph-nerlens-noel/

Joseph and a first is better than Rozier and a first imo. Joseph is a legit, proven point guard in the NBA. Rozier is a second year player who hasn't really proven he can be (in Philly's case) a starting point guard in the NBA.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2016, 06:11:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Joseph and a first is better than Rozier and a first imo. Joseph is a legit, proven point guard in the NBA. Rozier is a second year player who hasn't really proven he can be (in Philly's case) a starting point guard in the NBA.
Toss in Young and a pair of 2nd rounders we won't be able to keep anyway.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2016, 08:05:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They bet on Sully and lost, so of course they need another big.

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lowry/Derozan/Carrol/Jonas/Noel would be pretty dope.

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2016, 08:42:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Don't like that big pairing one bit. Looks like a different version of Noel/Okafor to me.

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Don't like that big pairing one bit. Looks like a different version of Noel/Okafor to me.

Jonas can shoot the mid range, but I agree, me neither.

Noel makes the most sense as a center, and so does Jonas for me too.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
exactly, which is why I don't buy this trade for the Raptors.  Nerlens and Jonas are not a good fit.  I just can't see Toronto giving up real assets for a back-up center that is going to want a huge contract this summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
exactly, which is why I don't buy this trade for the Raptors.  Nerlens and Jonas are not a good fit.  I just can't see Toronto giving up real assets for a back-up center that is going to want a huge contract this summer.

Is a backup point guard in his 6th season s the 26th pick or so "real assets"?

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yep, it's the Biyombo situation all over again.

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2016, 08:50:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Hard to say, but Joseph is signed past this year and is a key member of their rotation as he was last year.  You take Joseph off the team and the backup PG is 2nd year man Delon Wright who has yet to play for the Raptors this year.  As for the picks, the Raptors took Pascal Siakam with the 27th pick in the last draft.  Siakam has started all 7 games this year. 

Is it worth acquiring a backup center, who you hope only plays 17 or so minutes a game, for a critical member of your bench/rotation and a 1st round pick and when said backup center is going to want and will get a contract north of 15 million a year the next summer. 

If Noel fit better with Valanciunas then it is a no brainer for Toronto, but I can't really see those two playing well together, so I don't really see the point.

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Hard to say, but Joseph is signed past this year and is a key member of their rotation as he was last year.  You take Joseph off the team and the backup PG is 2nd year man Delon Wright who has yet to play for the Raptors this year.  As for the picks, the Raptors took Pascal Siakam with the 27th pick in the last draft.  Siakam has started all 7 games this year. 

Is it worth acquiring a backup center, who you hope only plays 17 or so minutes a game, for a critical member of your bench/rotation and a 1st round pick and when said backup center is going to want and will get a contract north of 15 million a year the next summer. 

If Noel fit better with Valanciunas then it is a no brainer for Toronto, but I can't really see those two playing well together, so I don't really see the point.

I know you know what the value of a 27th pick is. Mentioning one guy that is starting some games because of a Sullinger injury doesn't change years of data on what very end of first rounders are worth. You can hit a gem on occasion, but odds are it is scrub.

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2016, 08:32:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I know you know what the value of a 27th pick is. Mentioning one guy that is starting some games because of a Sullinger injury doesn't change years of data on what very end of first rounders are worth. You can hit a gem on occasion, but odds are it is scrub.
Pascal Siakam, Larry Nance, Jr., Bogdan Bogdanovic, Rudy Gobert, Arnett Moultrie, JaJuan Johnson, Jordan Crawford, DeMarre Carroll, Darrell Arthur, Aaron Afflalo, Sergio Rodriguez

That is your last 11 27 picks.  Some pretty solid talent and really only Moultrie and Johnson were busts with Bodganovic yet to come over. 

Late 1st round picks are definitely a crap shoot, but they absolutely have value, especially when you couple that pick with your only credible back-up PG when acquiring a back-up center that doesn't fit well with your starting center and who will be a free agent this summer looking for a massive contract.  Obviously if Toronto believes Nerlens and Jonas can play together, they probably make the trade, but Biyombo and Jonas couldn't play well together last year, and Noel is a pretty similar player to Biyombo so I think Toronto will reach the same conclusion and not acquire Noel for a vital part of their rotation, especially when including a 1st round pick.  It also isn't like Toronto is bereft of big men.  They have Jonas, Poeltl, Noguiera as centers with Patterson, Siakam, and of course Sullinger locked in at PF.  They don't need to add a 4th center, especially one that can't play with their starting center.

I don't buy these trade rumors at all.  Now if it was something like Siakam and 1st for Noel, that one I might buy, just not Joseph.  It just doesn't make sense.