Author Topic: Rumor: Raptors interested in Noel  (Read 13593 times)

Re: Rumor: Raptors interested in Noel
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 06:03:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
If Ainge could get Noel for some of the offers fans imagine, I think he'd already be a Celtic.   Go get him, Danny.

When you say this you realize I shared a blog of the trades proposed by an author at liberty ballers? (with pretty much all the posters agreeing they were fair deals). When in the history of fandom has a team's fans collectively undervalued their own player? That just isn't something that happens because it doesn't make logical sense.
the blogger on liberty ballers doesn't make the decisions for the 76ers. 

Fans undervalue their players all the time.  Ainge consistently exceeds my expectations of what he gets for his assets.  Most felt KG and Pierce were worthless before Ainge pulled off his Brooklyn heist.

Fans almost exclusively overvalue their own players. Have you considered that the "fans" you're referring to might just be one specific fan?
theres no consensus amongst Philly fans on their own players.  Some hate okafor.  Some hate Noel.  Some want to keep both. Some want to trade both.  On the sixers subreddit there was a post this week of a fan saying the team desperately needs Noel back.  Nobody really knows what Noel's trade value is.  I still think Jordan Clarkson for Noel makes sense, but that can't happen until December.

All we know is that there is a market for Noel.  The report says the raptors want him. Not surprised.  Nobody really knows what philly would want for him if they decide to trade him.  It's clearly more than any team has offered - or Noel wouldn't be on Philly still.  Widely reported that Boston had made offers for both Noel and okafor.  Clearly none of the offers were enough.

Not true at all. With Noel, Simmons, and Okafor on the mend and Embiid still on a minutes restriction, there was no real reason to trade him yet. In fact, it wouldn't have made sense to trade Noel until after they saw Embiid in action, because I'd still take Noel over Okafor in building a team. They could simply be sitting on an offer that they find acceptable until they're sure about Embiid.

Whatever the case, we all know his trade value is nowhere near where it should be with their obvious logjam, his contract situation, and him already voicing displeasure.
them sitting on an offer is plausible as well.  I'm sure they have options.   He's a sixer right now because Philly has refused to pull the trigger on anything yet.

They've had no reason to yet with their injury situation. It wouldn't surprise me in the least for Danny to have a standing offer to them. But it makes sense for them to sit on any potential trade right now and see if anything better comes in as the season unfolds and teams get injuries or find weaknesses that they want to address.

Is it just Mickey?

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
If Ainge could get Noel for some of the offers fans imagine, I think he'd already be a Celtic.   Go get him, Danny.

When you say this you realize I shared a blog of the trades proposed by an author at liberty ballers? (with pretty much all the posters agreeing they were fair deals). When in the history of fandom has a team's fans collectively undervalued their own player? That just isn't something that happens because it doesn't make logical sense.

Fans undervalue their players all the time.  Ainge consistently exceeds my expectations of what he gets for his assets.  Most felt KG and Pierce were worthless before Ainge pulled off his Brooklyn heist.

Fans almost exclusively overvalue their own players. Have you considered that the "fans" you're referring to might just be one specific fan?
theres no consensus amongst Philly fans on their own players.  Some hate okafor.  Some hate Noel.  Some want to keep both. Some want to trade both.  On the sixers subreddit there was a post this week of a fan saying the team desperately needs Noel back.  Nobody really knows what Noel's trade value is.  I still think Jordan Clarkson for Noel makes sense, but that can't happen until December.

All we know is that there is a market for Noel.  The report says the raptors want him. Not surprised.  Nobody really knows what philly would want for him if they decide to trade him.  It's clearly more than any team has offered - or Noel wouldn't be on Philly still.  Widely reported that Boston had made offers for both Noel and okafor.  Clearly none of the offers were enough.

Not true at all. With Noel, Simmons, and Okafor on the mend and Embiid still on a minutes restriction, there was no real reason to trade him yet. In fact, it wouldn't have made sense to trade Noel until after they saw Embiid in action, because I'd still take Noel over Okafor in building a team. They could simply be sitting on an offer that they find acceptable until they're sure about Embiid.

Whatever the case, we all know his trade value is nowhere near where it should be with their obvious logjam, his contract situation, and him already voicing displeasure.
them sitting on an offer is plausible as well.  I'm sure they have options.   He's a sixer right now because Philly has refused to pull the trigger on anything yet.

They've had no reason to yet with their injury situation. It wouldn't surprise me in the least for Danny to have a standing offer to them. But it makes sense for them to sit on any potential trade right now and see if anything better comes in as the season unfolds and teams get injuries or find weaknesses that they want to address.

Well as long as Embiid doesn't get injured again, I don't see how Philly doesn't trade Okafor or Noel.  Probably Noel.  Lets hope we are in the mix when this happens.

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 06:10:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fans undervalue their players all the time. 

The opposite happens here more.

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Good. They can overpay for him. I don't want him.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Fans undervalue their players all the time. 

The opposite happens here more.

Except with Noel, who is way overvalued by a lot of people who act like he isn't one dimensional.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I question whether noel has that it factor.  He doesn't always seem that motivated or that great a leader. He sure can block shots though and every time I've seen him play he plays well though. Not super outstanding but plays well within a system.  Doesn't really do much outside of that though.

Underrated team player.  If a change of scenery were going to light a fire under him I can see it.

For the Raptors it actually makes a lot of sense imo.  They lost Bizmak and he'd be a good replacement.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:27:42 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 06:30:59 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
It's hard to guage noel in philly.  He doesn't seem like a team player  but he does play like one. But he's also unhappy there.  He could end up up and down throughout his career and have motivation issues, injuries much like camby or it could just be the fact he's in philly and it's a bad situation. He's hard to guage that way right now.

That situation with the 3 of them and how philly is going about it is a bit ridiculous.  He's not handling it the best he could either. He's also injured right now.

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Is it just Mickey?

What do you mean Mickey?

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I don't see why Philly would want Terrence Ross.  He doesn't move the needle for them and he's going to eat up cap space for three years.  I've said it before but I think NOP should go after Noel.  Davis/Noel would be an excellent front court pairing. 

Noel should be back by early December.  Then things will get interesting.  How much playing time will he get to drive up his trade value and contract value? 

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 08:21:40 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'd trade em Crowder for Noel, if they include the Laker first.

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 08:23:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't see why Philly would want Terrence Ross.  He doesn't move the needle for them and he's going to eat up cap space for three years.  I've said it before but I think NOP should go after Noel.  Davis/Noel would be an excellent front court pairing. 

Noel should be back by early December.  Then things will get interesting.  How much playing time will he get to drive up his trade value and contract value?
He's a career 38% shooting from distance.  Their biggest need around their star prospects Embiid/Simmons/Okafor is guys who can hit the three.   It would make sense... especially if they decide that Noel isn't part of their future.

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2016, 04:43:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
There's a rumor that the 76ers are asking for Cory Joseph and a 1st rounder.   I guess Joseph would make sense as he would give them a decent point guard, but really  Joseph isn't much of a shooter.    I  would assume the 1st rounder would be either a late Raptors pick for the Clippers 1st they own.

If that's really what Philly is willing to settle for, isn't Terry Rozier and a late 1st a comparable package? 

Would you guys offer that if you were Ainge?  I'm kind of falling for Rozier.  His shooting continues to be outstanding... but I still think adding Noel to this team would make us scary defensively.

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2016, 04:55:50 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
There's a rumor that the 76ers are asking for Cory Joseph and a 1st rounder.   I guess Joseph would make sense as he would give them a decent point guard, but really  Joseph isn't much of a shooter.    I  would assume the 1st rounder would be either a late Raptors pick for the Clippers 1st they own.

If that's really what Philly is willing to settle for, isn't Terry Rozier and a late 1st a comparable package? 

Would you guys offer that if you were Ainge?  I'm kind of falling for Rozier.  His shooting continues to be outstanding... but I still think adding Noel to this team would make us scary defensively.
Value wise, I think that is a great deal for the C's.

My only issue is that deal kind of locks us into the team we have long term. If we wanted to go after a max player we would need to let Noel walk for nothing after trading for him.

Losing Rozier would hurt but there are a lot of point guards in the upcomming draft that would make us forget about Rozier. For example if we drafted Fultz, Rozier becomes kind of redundant.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Value wise, I think that is a great deal for the C's.

My only issue is that deal kind of locks us into the team we have long term. If we wanted to go after a max player we would need to let Noel walk for nothing after trading for him.

Losing Rozier would hurt but there are a lot of point guards in the upcomming draft that would make us forget about Rozier. For example if we drafted Fultz, Rozier becomes kind of redundant.
DOes anyone know for certain what the cap hold on Noel would be this Summer if we gave him the qualifying offer?   Because I thought we'd still technically have a window of time where we could renounce the rights to guys like Amir/Jerebko and even with Noel's cap hold be able to go after a big contract.

I agree that if Noel's contract kills our chance to offer a max deal, it's probably something I wouldn't do.

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2016, 05:06:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Yeah, I feel safe in saying I would much rather have Rozier and something like the Clippers or Memphis pick than Joseph and a 1st rounder. Perhaps Danny isn't willing to give up a pick for Noel in addition to Rozier, but I certainly don't see Rozier as any lesser of a prospect than Joseph. In fact, given the fact that Rozier will make less than 1/3 of Joseph's contract over the next three years before becoming a restricted free agent, I put Rozier as much more valuable in a trade than Joseph.

But who knows? Maybe Danny isn't willing to give up Rozier for Noel. I think that would be a mistake given the fact that we're pretty strong already in the guard department and we need a serious upgrade in the big department, but Danny might also be keeping his options open for a bigger trade down the line, e.g. Boogie.