Author Topic: Nets shopping/listening to offers for Lopez; trade expected before deadline  (Read 7452 times)

Re: Nets shopping/listening to offers for Lopez; trade expected before deadline
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 08:02:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Lopez to the Mavs for Wes Matthews, Justin Anderson, Future first. Fair Deal?
I think that is waaaaay too much for Brook. There is a much stronger supply of big men than demand in the league in todays game.

Way too much? What do you suggest then. Matthews straight up? I wouldn't do that I'd I were The Nets,

The Nets will definitely want a pick or two back if they are dealing Lopez...

I would do Matthews + Future First + Future Second. Fair deal all around.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Lopez is a decent idea.  He's growing on me a bit.  He has those duck feet though.

His style of play is also odd for us.  The celtics historically have sometimes gone for players like that. Some have worked out better than others.

Lopez is a bit of an odd duck quite literally too.  his feet look like duck feet and they have been that problematic too.  His style of play is also a weird fit.

I think Lopez may have his best years the next few finally figuring things out a bit.  I still think he is a weird fit for us though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:11:07 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Why would you want Lopez?  He's a bad rebounder and he works in slow offenses where he can get the ball with time to work.  No thanks.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 08:40:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
What if.......
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jrvehye

Nets out: Lopez
Nets in: Amir, James Young, Koufous,their pick back this year

Sac out: Boogie, Koufous
Sac in: Lopez, Smart, Mickey, picks

BOS out: Amir, Smart, Young, Mickey, bkn pick, plus others to Sac
BOS in: Boogie

Yeah, Lopez isn't netting a top-5 pick in this universe.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Why would you want Lopez?  He's a bad rebounder and he works in slow offenses where he can get the ball with time to work.  No thanks.

That's why I think it's going to be very hard to move him. The Bucks haven't been able to give Monroe away and he's actually a capable rebounder. Lopez is definitely a better player overall, but no one is paying a king's ransom for a player whose skill set is largely irrelevant today.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2016, 04:20:29 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hydro36

Add a top 10 protected first and I think it's a fair deal. They could also swap Evans for Holiday

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 05:34:54 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The Nets should be looking for new, younger players and Marks can't do that through the draft next two years so he must either wait for free agency or trade some of his players. Currently he's got only one player that can net him young potential or a good draft pick and that is Brook Lopez. They are not going anywhere with him, he's injury risk and they should look for a trade before a trade deadline (and before he hurts himself again).

If I was him I would look for a solid team who's got a mix of good young players and solid picks like Denver, Suns or even Lakers.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2016, 02:17:24 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674074-brook-lopez-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-surrounding-nets-center

Also says the C's aren't interested.

Hopefully the sooner the better. They should clearly be a bottom-three team without Lopez. But what teams would potentially want such a deal? Portland? I wonder if there's any three-way deal that could be made to finally land us Boogie, Lopez in Sacramento, and assets and picks to Brooklyn, though that'd require Lopez to agree to resign in Sacramento.

I don't know that they are any worse without Lopez. Because of their scheme they hardly play him. The ridiculous part of this is that I have to imagine they have lowed his value at least a little bit with how they have played him in an offense that doesn't fit and have at least given the appearance they few him as less durable sitting him out the third game of the season for rest.

He went for 34 and 11 in 29 minutes their last game.  Hardly play him because of scheme is a bit of a stretch.

He didn't get as much PT the prior game because the Nets were down 27 after 3 -- no reason to play him in such a scenario.  And they sat him another because they'd rather he not get hurt.  But in their two wins, he's combined for 59 points in 55 minutes.  In other words, when the Nets have played well, Lopez has been a major contributor.
This

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
to GS for Livingston and Igoudala.

What for lol

At least 2 1sts and one or two high end prospect

For example jabari parker and future picks

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Portland makes sense in a lot of ways. 

Leonard, Ezeli, Vonleh, 1st

for

Lopez

That trade seems to make sense for both teams. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:41 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Trading Lopez has some built in contradictions.  The Nets would want good young players and high potential future picks.  Any team that wants an established player like Lopez, is probably at least half decent and looking to get better.  Lopez will make the team better and reduce the value of the future picks that the Nets get back from that team.  A bad team with good future picks isn't going to want Lopez.

That is why I think the Celtics should try to make a trade.  Give the Nets back their 2018 pick while keeping the 2017 pick.  Then the Nets can tank through 2018 and make sure it is a valuable pick.  The Celtics can include Amir, one of our stashes, and perhaps another future pick.  A good deal for the Nets.  They won't do better than that.

The Celtics can see how we do with Lopez paired with Horford up front for the season.  I would assume Lopez would play well and we could decide to continue to build around Horford/Lopez or trade one or both and go a different direction.

I like this trade because it protects the 2017 pick by making the Nets worse and provides a hedge against the Nets getting good and lowering the value of the 2018 pick.  I think we end up flipping Lopez but in a best case scenario, he helps us get someone like Cousins.

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I would offer a late first round pick, Rozier and/or Smart for Lopez. He is a very talented center, can match up with the best centers in the league, has started to create 3 point range, and seems to have gotten past his injury woes.

Wish he was a better rebounder though.