Author Topic: Nets shopping/listening to offers for Lopez; trade expected before deadline  (Read 7517 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674074-brook-lopez-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-surrounding-nets-center

Also says the C's aren't interested.

Hopefully the sooner the better. They should clearly be a bottom-three team without Lopez. But what teams would potentially want such a deal? Portland? I wonder if there's any three-way deal that could be made to finally land us Boogie, Lopez in Sacramento, and assets and picks to Brooklyn, though that'd require Lopez to agree to resign in Sacramento.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674074-brook-lopez-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-surrounding-nets-center

Hopefully the sooner the better. They should clearly be a bottom-three team without Lopez. But what teams would potentially want such a deal? Portland? I wonder if there's any three-way deal that could be made to finally land us Boogie, Lopez in Sacramento, and assets and picks to Brooklyn, though that'd require Lopez to agree to resign in Sacramento.

I don't know that they are any worse without Lopez. Because of their scheme they hardly play him. The ridiculous part of this is that I have to imagine they have lowed his value at least a little bit with how they have played him in an offense that doesn't fit and have at least given the appearance they few him as less durable sitting him out the third game of the season for rest.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Mavericks? There hasn't been a high profile center in recent memory that Dallas hasn't gone after and Brook would be a nice fit next to Dirk in theory, though it might make for possibly the slowest front court of the modern era.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don't know that they are any worse without Lopez. Because of their scheme they hardly play him. The ridiculous part of this is that I have to imagine they have lowed his value at least a little bit with how they have played him in an offense that doesn't fit and have at least given the appearance they few him as less durable sitting him out the third game of the season for rest.

He went for 34 and 11 in 29 minutes their last game.  Hardly play him because of scheme is a bit of a stretch.

He didn't get as much PT the prior game because the Nets were down 27 after 3 -- no reason to play him in such a scenario.  And they sat him another because they'd rather he not get hurt.  But in their two wins, he's combined for 59 points in 55 minutes.  In other words, when the Nets have played well, Lopez has been a major contributor.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
New Orleans, Charlotte, Chicago, Utah, and Houston all make some sense, and have contracts to match.

Houston plays a fast pace but has zero inside presence

Utah could use him next to Gobert

Chicago needs another efficient-shooting star, and he'd look good next to Gibson

New Orleans just flat-out needs some talent - mortaging their future draft picks on Lopez sounds very New Orleans-like.

Charlotte already has some centers but badly needs star talent

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
to GS for Livingston and Igoudala.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He went for 34 and 11 in 29 minutes their last game.  Hardly play him because of scheme is a bit of a stretch.

He didn't get as much PT the prior game because the Nets were down 27 after 3 -- no reason to play him in such a scenario.  And they sat him another because they'd rather he not get hurt.  But in their two wins, he's combined for 59 points in 55 minutes.  In other words, when the Nets have played well, Lopez has been a major contributor.

Meh I mean it is easy to twist around stats on small sample sizes (coupled with explanations). He has had 1 great game, 1 very good game, 1 mediocre and 1 pretty awful game. The biggest thing is his minutes are at 24.5 which is pretty low for a 28 year old all-star. By comparison he averaged 33.7 a game last year. You can say played less minutes because they lost to the bulls, but why did he only play 21 against us (a team he torched last year that has very limited frontcourt depth) The obvious answer is he is not a big part of what they are doing.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

That would make the Warriors a worse term. They need the opposite of Brook lopez who is all offense and bad defense. Trading away their already limited depth and limited plus defenders for an offensive minded center to be the 4th option on offense would seem kind of crazy right?

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Good.

Their new GM knows what he's doing.

I bet they'll work out a decent trade.

Trading a center these days, I think you'd pretty much have to ask for another center.  Maybe they should try to get Knight and Len from Phoenix.  That could be worth considering for both sides.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Good.

Trading a center these days, I think you'd pretty much have to ask for another center.  Maybe they should try to get Knight and Len from Phoenix.  That could be worth considering for both sides.
That seems like a great deal for Brooklyn. I don't think Brook garners that much in the open market.

Considering he doesn't even seem to fit the Nets scheme these days, there is a strong chance if the Nets trade him for a player that, that player will be more impactful in the Nets system than Brook.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Nets shopping/listening to offers for Lopez; trade expected before deadline
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That would make the Warriors a worse term. They need the opposite of Brook lopez who is all offense and bad defense. Trading away their already limited depth and limited plus defenders for an offensive minded center to be the 4th option on offense would seem kind of crazy right?
Yeah it'd be weird for them to import the type of Center they specialize in running off the floor.

They do need to find a way to make their C's relevant at all though. Right now they are ignored and abused on the glass.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Good.

I find that a bit confusing. It seems like the Suns would be building around Booker, Bender, Chriss and Warren. At 26 Bledsoe may already be a little too old for that group. Why would it be good for them to trade away 24 year old Brandon knight and 23 year old Len for 28 year old Lopez? 

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 04:35:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Meh I mean it is easy to twist around stats on small sample sizes (coupled with explanations). He has had 1 great game, 1 very good game, 1 mediocre and 1 pretty awful game. The biggest thing is his minutes are at 24.5 which is pretty low for a 28 year old all-star. By comparison he averaged 33.7 a game last year. You can say played less minutes because they lost to the bulls, but why did he only play 21 against us (a team he torched last year that has very limited frontcourt depth) The obvious answer is he is not a big part of what they are doing.

You're ignoring the key point that when he's played well the team has won, and when he hasn't (or hasn't played), they've lost.  That he's inconsistent doesn't mean he isn't important, or without him they'd be better.  There's been next-to-nothing in 5 games that should lead you to that conclusion.  His primary backup is Justin Hamilton.  The difference in production is vast.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 04:38:06 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7

Im going to assume in this scenario more is going to Sacramento than Lopez

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 04:39:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Good.

I find that a bit confusing. It seems like the Suns would be building around Booker, Bender, Chriss and Warren. At 26 Bledsoe may already be a little too old for that group. Why would it be good for them to trade away 24 year old Brandon knight and 23 year old Len for 28 year old Lopez?

Because Sarver wants them to stay competitive and not tank.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain