Author Topic: Bulls (3-0) at Celtics (2-1) Game #4 11/2/16  (Read 42537 times)

Bulls (3-0) at Celtics (2-1) Game #4 11/2/16
« on: November 01, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Chicago Bulls (3-0) at Boston Celtics (2-1)
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
8:00 PM ET
Game #4, Home Game #2
TV: ESPN, CSNNE, WGN
Radio: 98.5 Sports Hub
TD Garden

Probable Starting Matchups 
Point Guard
  vs 
Isaiah Thomas vs Rajon Rondo

Shooting Guard 

vs 
Avery Bradley vs Dwyane Wade

Small Forward
  vs 
Jae Crowder  vs  Jimmy Butler

Power Forward
  vs 
Al Horford vs Taj Gibson

Center
  vs 
Amir Johnson vs Robin Lopez

Reserves
Marcus Smart
Jaylen Brown
Gerald Green
Demetrius Jackson
Jonas Jerebko
Jordan Mickey
Terry Rozier
James Young
Tyler Zeller

Injuries
Kelly Olynyk  (shoulder)  out
Avery Bradley  (shoulder) game time decision
Al Horford  (illness)  game time decision

Head Coach
Brad Stevens

Reserves
Isaiah Canaan
Christiano Felicio
Jerian Grant
Nikola Mirotic
Bobby Portis
Denzel Valentine
Paul Zipser
RJ Hunter

Injuries
Michael Carter-Williams (knee)  out
Doug McDermott  (concussion)  game time decision

Head Coach
Fred Hoiberg

Game Notes
The Celtics face the Bulls just a week after they last met.  This time they are in the Celtics home TD Garden and the Celtics will be well rested, rather than coming off of a game the night before.  The Celtics won both games in Boston last year, but as we saw in the first game, this is a very different team. 

The Celtics should be helped by the return of their bulldog, Marcus Smart, who is expected to make his debut in this game.  However, there are also a couple of question marks for them.  Avery Bradley missed practice on Tuesday with a sore shoulder, the same shoulder that he had surgery on in July of 2012.  The shoulder has been bothering him since training camp, but it was worse on Tuesday.  He is listed as a game time decision.

Al Horford also left practice with an illness and is listed as a game time decision as well.   For the Bulls, Doug McDermott has a concussion and will be a game time decision.  Michael Carter-Williams left the Bulls game on Monday with a bone bruise on his knee and will miss this game. 

The Bulls last played on Monday when they opened their road trip in Brooklyn with a 118-88 roomp over the Brooklyn Nets.   The Celtics last played on Saturday when they beat the Hornets in Charlotte 104-98.  They had an off day on Sunday and two days of practice so they should be well rested.  Hopefully they won't be rusty from all the rest. 

The Bulls are undefeated while the Celtics only loss was at the hands of these same Chicago Bulls and so the Celtics need to come out focused and avenge that loss.  The first game against the Bulls was on TNT and this one will be on ESPN.  Unfortunately the Celtics will once again face National TV Rondo.  He has always seemed to play his best when the national TV cameras are on him. 

Key Matchups
  vs 
Isaiah Thomas vs Rajon Rondo
Rondo is excited about being in Chicago and playing with Wade and Butler, even though for years he couldn't say enough about how dirty Dwyane Wade was.The three have been playing well together.   Rondo had 4 points on 1 of 9 shooting and 6 rebounds and 9 assists in their first meeting.  He is averaging 6.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 8.7 assists.   He is also still very fast and when he feels like it, can still play good defense. 

vs 
Avery Bradley vs Dwyane Wade
Wade had a big game in their first meeting with 22 points including 4 three pointers when he hit just 7 threes all last season.  He also had 6 rebounds and 5 assists.  For the season he is averaging 16 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists.  Avery usually gives Wade trouble on defense, and hopefully he will be able to play in this one. 

vs 
Jae Crowder  vs  Jimmy Butler
The Bulls resident star is Jimmy Butler.  There were a lot of trade rumors swirling around him over the summer with many of them involving the Celtics.  He even spent some time working out with Celtics rookie Jaylen Brown over the summer.  Now Jaylen will join Jae in trying to keep Butler from having a big game.  Butler had 24 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists in the last meeting between these two teams.  He is averaging 20.7 points, 6 rebounds and 2.7 assists for the season. 

Keys to the Game

Defense -  It goes without saying that defense wins games and the Celtics must play tough team defense.  The Bulls scored 105 points in the first meeting between these two teams but they are averaging 113.7 points per game.  The Celtics can't get into a high scoring game with the Bulls. They have to clamp down on defense and stop the Bulls from scoring. 

Rebound - The Celtics can't score if they don't have the ball.  Much of rebounding is effort and desire and so the Celtics must put out the extra effort on the boards to give themselves extra possessions as well as to limit the Bulls fast break opportunities and second chance points.  In the first meeting between these two teams the Celtics were out-rebounded 55 to 36.  The Celtics will have to put out more effort and do better on the boards, especially the bigs. 

Run and Move the Ball
- The Celtics play best when they run on every possession and run back on defense to get set before the Bulls can get into their offense.  They also need to move the ball because when the ball sticks too much with one player then the offense gets stagnant.  They looked stuck in sand in the last game and were a step behind all game.

Be Aggressive
- The Celtics must be aggressive on both ends of the court.  They have to be the more aggressive team going for loose balls, on defense, on the boards, and in going to the hoop.  They have to be the more aggressive team if they want to win.   They have to play like they want it more for 48 minutes. 

Be Smart on Offense
- The Celtics need to move the ball to find the open man for easier shots.  They have to take open shots when they get them and not be too unselfish.  They also need to know that if their 3's aren't falling, they should take the ball inside. 

X-Factors

Rust vs Rest and Who's Playing
The Celtics have been off since Saturday and that means they will be well rested.  But it also means they may have some rust as well.  Hopefully they will be ready to play without the rust. 

The Celtics have two starters who may be a game time decision with Avery Bradley nursing a sore shoulder and Al Horford leaving practice with an illness.  If either or both of them can't play or are less than 100%,  it will make it much harder for the Celtics to get a win. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:59:04 AM by FLCeltsFan »

Re: Bulls (3-0) at Celtics (2-1) Game #4 11/2/16
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
First again!

Thanks for the revenge game thread flc. This game will be different and the Celtics will win. The bulls will not shoot as they did last time and the Celtics defense will have smart. Big difference.

Goooooooo Celtics and goooooooo a tp for flc. ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Agh! I didn't get here on time!!

TP to FLCeltsFan, as always
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

A tp for almost being on time. I can't count the number of times I wound up the same way.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:38:12 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

A tp for almost being on time. I can't count the number of times I wound up the same way.

TP to you too, for beating me. Now let's see if my theory from the last game thread works lol. For the sake of the Celtics, I hope it doesn't work haha
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:55:25 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Think I'm SOL watching this game.  LP broadband is blacked out plus every bar in chi town will be playing the cubs game. 

It almost makes me think game 4 of the regular season is less important than game 7 of the World Series...almost. 

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Bar Fight

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:33 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Will Horford be available in this game?

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 07:24:56 AM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Think I'm SOL watching this game.  LP broadband is blacked out plus every bar in chi town will be playing the cubs game. 

It almost makes me think game 4 of the regular season is less important than game 7 of the World Series...almost. 
Game is on ESPN!!!! 

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 07:25:57 AM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
TP to hwangjini_1 for being first in the game thread!   Gooooooooo Celtics! 

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 07:50:47 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The "last channel" button will be white hot tonight!

Celts need to bring the Bulls back down to earth.  They are playing way too well.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 09:01:53 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I am really upset about the Bulls doing better then expected.
I want to win this game much more now.

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think Smart makes a big impact on this game.

Lets just hope Horford is not out sick.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Lol.. I've prioritized preseason basketball over regular season football and playoff baseball many times.