Author Topic: Ray Allen Retires  (Read 11167 times)

Re: Ray Allen Retires
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
In 5-10 years these guys will all look back and realize without one another there was no championship
yeah hopefully KG and Pierce eventually accept that the team was toast by that point and their decision to waive their no trade clause to abandon the Celtics and join a playoff team in our own division was arguably much worse than what Ray did.  And by "arguably much worse" I mean exactly even ... since both decisions were benign, fully justified, and made no lick of difference to the fact they won a title together in 08.   Fans and former Celtic players alike need to get over it and show ray the admiration and appreciation he deserves.  Dude was a legend.

If only it was only like that. People forget about the whining he did about Bradley and Rondo. He couldnt accept the fact that we had better result with Bradley starting over him, and that Rondo had better options than him.

Thanks for 2008 Ray, but I lost respect after everything youve said and done right before you left and after it.

Re: Ray Allen Retires
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2016, 01:56:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I also do think people are really glossing over how much Ray Allen complained about Boston after landing in Miami. It got to the point that Pat Riley actually asked him to stop talking about it.

Kenyon Dooling, who a lot of people admire, added he didn't appreciate how Ray kept bad mouthing Rondo while Rondo kept his mouth shut.

"Ray was great in many ways," Dooling said. "Rondo learned a lot from him -- how to prepare, how to take care of his body, how to be professional.

"But the way Ray led was different than how Rajon did it. Not wrong, just different.

"Ray didn't know how to communicate with Rondo the way some of us could, like myself, like KG, who fully embraced Rajon.

"I love Ray. I love his family. He's a true pro. But it's unfair how this all came out. Ray had such a good relationship with all the reporters and Rondo was so quiet. So who gets all the good press?

"Sometimes it felt like Ray spent more time talking to the media than he did to his teammates.''

Again, Im not trying to act like Allen is some horrible person or wasn't a good player. However, it is not just sour grapes or jealousy that he left. He badmouthed the organization and Celtics players more than anyone in recent memory on their way out (with the possible exception of Jermaine O'neal)