Author Topic: Celtics Okc trade idea  (Read 3194 times)

Re: Celtics Okc trade idea
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
(1) I rate Jerebko > Ilyasova. Jerebko is the superior two way player.

(2) Not interested in Morrow. Gerald Green performs the same function. Morrow is not needed.

(3) Roberson is useful but not wild about his fit in this team. We do not need another scrappy defensive minded player with a dodgy offensive game. Despite being a solid player, I do not see much value added in him on this roster. Not needed.

I prefer to keep our guys.

You can never have enough good defenders.  This trade is mainly about getting Roberson.  He is a fantastic defender and would help with our rebounding problems

The other two are included for just salary match purposee and will be riding the bench

You can, however, have too many guys who can't score.  And Roberson is a wing, we don't have rebounding problems with our wings.  We need a big who can rebound and trading Zeller, this is sad to say, makes us weaker in the middle.   

Does it matter where you get your rebounding from?

Roberson can start alongside Horford or KO.  Cbs loves small ball anyways

So far our offense is working fine.. its the rebounding and team d that can use a jolt

yep. Roberson is a very good rebounder. He played PF in college i think. he knows how to get rebounds, and has great size for a wing at 6'7"

Just like Jaylen is super quick off the ground from standstill.... but can also really rise above the rim... special jumping ability....

Roberson is AB like defender for a SF ... also can defend some pfs

He shot the 3 at 31 percent last season. And prob could improve under cbs

It kinda does matter.  It's great to have guards that can rebound well, but they're usually going to get beaten by bigger, stronger players around the basket.

Roberson is largely a 2/3 in the NBA.  I'm sure he could defend some 4s that play on the perimeter, but he's not going to be banging around with 4s around the basket for rebounds.  That's where the Celtics are getting beat right now, down low, by teams with stronger interior rebounders.  You can survive having a rebounding void at the 4 and/or 5 against some teams, but some nights it's really going to hurt you.

And how does he start with Horford and Olynyk?  In place of Jae Crowder?  That's not going to help your rebounding problem. 

Look, Roberson is a fine player.  Very good defender, versatile for switching and playing small, but a black hole on offense, and not what Boston needs.