Author Topic: Celtics Okc trade idea  (Read 3193 times)

Celtics Okc trade idea
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To OKC: Jerebko, Zeller, Young, 2018 2nd round pick
To Celtics: Roberson, Ilyasova, Morrow

Re: Celtics Okc trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:27:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Zeller can't be traded until January 15th.  Maybe wait until January 1st before starting trade threads with Zeller included?

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
(1) I rate Jerebko > Ilyasova. Jerebko is the superior two way player.

(2) Not interested in Morrow. Gerald Green performs the same function. Morrow is not needed.

(3) Roberson is useful but not wild about his fit in this team. We do not need another scrappy defensive minded player with a dodgy offensive game. Despite being a solid player, I do not see much value added in him on this roster. Not needed.

I prefer to keep our guys.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

(2) Not interested in Morrow. Gerald Green performs the same function. Morrow is not needed.

(3) Roberson is useful but not wild about his fit in this team. We do not need another scrappy defensive minded player with a dodgy offensive game. Despite being a solid player, I do not see much value added in him on this roster. Not needed.

You can never have enough good defenders.  This trade is mainly about getting Roberson.  He is a fantastic defender and would help with our rebounding problems

The other two are included for just salary match purposee and will be riding the bench

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense

You can never have enough good defenders.  This trade is mainly about getting Roberson.  He is a fantastic defender and would help with our rebounding problems

The other two are included for just salary match purposee and will be riding the bench

You can, however, have too many guys who can't score.  And Roberson is a wing, we don't have rebounding problems with our wings.  We need a big who can rebound and trading Zeller, this is sad to say, makes us weaker in the middle.   

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You can, however, have too many guys who can't score.  And Roberson is a wing, we don't have rebounding problems with our wings.  We need a big who can rebound and trading Zeller, this is sad to say, makes us weaker in the middle.   

Does it matter where you get your rebounding from?

Roberson can start alongside Horford or KO.  Cbs loves small ball anyways

So far our offense is working fine.. its the rebounding and team d that can use a jolt

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

But don't they have Sabonis? Didn't you say he would be dominant right out of the gate because NBA players weren't used to playing against someone as strong as he is? So since that's obviously true I don't think OKC does it.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 12:10:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But don't they have Sabonis? Didn't you say he would be dominant right out of the gate because NBA players weren't used to playing against someone as strong as he is? So since that's obviously true I don't think OKC does it.

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Interesting idea.  If we didn't have Crowder all ready --whom I rate higher than Roberson-- I'd be into it; especially if we could somehow get one of OKC's future firsts included in the swap.  That might be a valuable pick to have when the Westbrook honeymoon ends...

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

My apologies if I'm mistaken, but didn't you author this?

Note: He's on the bench and averaging 4.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG, and 0.0 APG in 13.3 MPG.

He can take his man off the dribble. He will execute the hook shot. Because he is no dummy diving into players who has outstanding length. He dribbles to the middles  fading away then raises his right arm with the baby left hook . and if you "cheat" he will fake you out , up and under, spins.    He has battled against one of the toughest /tall/lengthy opponent all his life. His dad.    You got to believe

Add take his man off the dribble, jump shot that has noticeably improved from year 1.  Again in gonzaga they wanted him 'inside" .  in the NBA he can work an inside/outside game

He is not "stuck" as you project him to be. This is very much a chess player on top of a basketball player.  He is directing players to go here there. Set picks this way that way. Turning his body methodically.     Example watch him in the low lost against guys with longer length. He will rotate one way then to the right , then back tk the middle and shoot from the opponent's chest. Unless you got a 7'7 wingspan or narrow shoulders to raise your arms with both hands touching , it's difficult to block such a shot

Limiting Sabonis that he is xyz or will struggle xyz is not smart. He still has room to grow.  Will outthink on top of trying to outwork you on the court. 

I see Sabonis like I do smart, crowder but a PF version.  But with a higher iq and more efficient offensively

I see Sabonis vs Skal/poeltl as  I see  David West vs Brandan Wright. And I would take David West any day of the week.

Let's see what happens

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

So far our offense is working fine.. its the rebounding and team d that can use a jolt

yep. Roberson is a very good rebounder. He played PF in college i think. he knows how to get rebounds, and has great size for a wing at 6'7"
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

My apologies if I'm mistaken, but didn't you author this?

Note: He's on the bench and averaging 4.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG, and 0.0 APG in 13.3 MPG.

He can take his man off the dribble. He will execute the hook shot. Because he is no dummy diving into players who has outstanding length. He dribbles to the middles  fading away then raises his right arm with the baby left hook . and if you "cheat" he will fake you out , up and under, spins.    He has battled against one of the toughest /tall/lengthy opponent all his life. His dad.    You got to believe

Add take his man off the dribble, jump shot that has noticeably improved from year 1.  Again in gonzaga they wanted him 'inside" .  in the NBA he can work an inside/outside game

He is not "stuck" as you project him to be. This is very much a chess player on top of a basketball player.  He is directing players to go here there. Set picks this way that way. Turning his body methodically.     Example watch him in the low lost against guys with longer length. He will rotate one way then to the right , then back tk the middle and shoot from the opponent's chest. Unless you got a 7'7 wingspan or narrow shoulders to raise your arms with both hands touching , it's difficult to block such a shot

Limiting Sabonis that he is xyz or will struggle xyz is not smart. He still has room to grow.  Will outthink on top of trying to outwork you on the court. 

I see Sabonis like I do smart, crowder but a PF version.  But with a higher iq and more efficient offensively

I see Sabonis vs Skal/poeltl as  I see  David West vs Brandan Wright. And I would take David West any day of the week.

Let's see what happens

Yes after 2 games, lets judge a 1st rookies performance harshly...  makes total sense

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 12:57:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

yep. Roberson is a very good rebounder. He played PF in college i think. he knows how to get rebounds, and has great size for a wing at 6'7"

Just like Jaylen is super quick off the ground from standstill.... but can also really rise above the rim... special jumping ability....

Roberson is AB like defender for a SF ... also can defend some pfs

He shot the 3 at 31 percent last season. And prob could improve under cbs

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Pass on this rather keep our guys.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 01:25:27 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Roberson will be a RFA next offseason so how much are you going to be willing to offer to keep him?