Author Topic: Tankathon Watch Is On  (Read 10270 times)

Re: Tankathon Watch Is On
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 11:58:39 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
7 teams clustered at 4 wins with Brooklyn.  I expect Phoenix, Philly and Dallas to be our real competition for the bottom, still think we'll end up in the top 5 pick range.  Who knows, could even get lucky in the lottery.

I expect Phili will pull away from that group. They are already playing much better with Embiid, Saric and Sergio looking great. Once they get Bayless and Ben Simmons back, they will win enough to pull away from that bottom tier group.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 12:33:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
7 teams clustered at 4 wins with Brooklyn.  I expect Phoenix, Philly and Dallas to be our real competition for the bottom, still think we'll end up in the top 5 pick range.  Who knows, could even get lucky in the lottery.

I expect Phili will pull away from that group. They are already playing much better with Embiid, Saric and Sergio looking great. Once they get Bayless and Ben Simmons back, they will win enough to pull away from that bottom tier group.

You have to think Dallas will end up doing better, too. I'd say Miami, Brooklyn, and Phoenix will be the three main challengers for the worst pick, perhaps Denver and Sacramento if they trade Gay and/or Boogie, too.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 12:53:08 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Top 10 pick?  I'm happy.

Top 5 pick?  I'm ecstatic.

No. 1 pick?  Please revive me...I've just passed out.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

You have to think Dallas will end up doing better, too. I'd say Miami, Brooklyn, and Phoenix will be the three main challengers for the worst pick, perhaps Denver and Sacramento if they trade Gay and/or Boogie, too.
I don't see the Mavs doing much better.  Dirk and Deron don't bring much to the table anymore.  They're a bottom 5 team. 

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Top 10 pick?  I'm happy.

Top 5 pick?  I'm ecstatic.

No. 1 pick?  Please revive me...I've just passed out.
same.

I don't understand how anyone could be bummed with a top ten
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 08:10:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don't see the Mavs doing much better.  Dirk and Deron don't bring much to the table anymore.  They're a bottom 5 team.

They maybe a bottom 5 team, but, on paper, they seem clearly better than BKN. Outside of Dirk and Deron, they also have Barnes, Bogut, Matthews, Barea, Powell, and Anderson. I am not blown away by their talent, but they managed to be a lower level playoff team with Parsons and without Barnes/Bogut.

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 08:20:56 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Why would Brooklyn have incentive to tank? To give us a better draft pick?

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 08:32:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Why would Brooklyn have incentive to tank? To give us a better draft pick?
Assuming you are referring to the title. The website tankathon tracks NBA bottom feeders throughout the season.

Also we don't need Brooklyn to tank intentionally. They should suck organically.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Team that will finish at the bottom this year: Brooklyn, Pelicans, Suns, 76ers.

With the next tier being: Kings, Bucks, Magic, Heat.

Tiers in no particular order.

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Tankathon has the Celtics picking sixth with the Brooklyn pick. At six in their mock draft they have us drafting Harry Giles.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 09:33:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
4 more draft picks next year. Sheesh!
True, but two of them will be very late second rounders. Not all,that valuable.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 09:47:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
4 more draft picks next year. Sheesh!
True, but two of them will be very late second rounders. Not all,that valuable.

If you pick the right player, Isaiah Thomas would disagree.

I'm also hopeful that the new CBA will allow some sort of way to keep 2nd-rounders in the system for a season or two without him being on the active roster.  Like what we're doing with Nader, but without the negotiation.  That would allow Ainge to not pick the player who agrees to go to Maine or overseas (like Thornton or Nader), but actually the guy Ainge thinks is best.  Still unlikely to be a difference maker, but many years someone who turns out to be a solid player a few years down the road makes his way into the 50s.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 09:56:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Tankathon has the Celtics picking sixth with the Brooklyn pick. At six in their mock draft they have us drafting Harry Giles.
Wouldnt mind that.

Injuries aside hed probably be the #1 pick.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 11:47:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Wouldnt mind that.

Injuries aside hed probably be the #1 pick.

Yup, that'd be an incredible outcome.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 07:28:12 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Having previous (major) surgeries to both knees is a big question mark and I'm not sure I want to go there  even though his last surgery was of the arthroscopic variety. We'll see what DA has to say when June rolls around and if Giles is there for the taking.

Edit: hopefully someone (like Lauri Markkanen, who's been beasting) jumps ahead of Giles so we don't have to worry about passing on a possible all-star player.