Author Topic: Tankathon Watch Is On  (Read 10215 times)

Tankathon Watch Is On
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:23:36 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I know there's a Brooklyn Nets Watch thread but we should have a tankathon watch as well. We can see who's tanking and what teams are actually worse than the Nets.
Right now I see Philly and Orlando as the only teams giving the Nets a run for the bottom 3 records.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Re: Tankathon Watch Is On
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:45:44 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
4 more draft picks next year. Sheesh!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I know there's a Brooklyn Nets Watch thread but we should have a tankathon watch as well. We can see who's tanking and what teams are actually worse than the Nets.
Right now I see Philly and Orlando as the only teams giving the Nets a run for the bottom 3 records.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Phx?

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I was going to include Phoenix but I think with Bledsoe back they have a better and deeper roster than the Nets. They've also got blown out a few times already but they've played some decent teams. Injuries and trades happen and the season is long but right now I feel they're at least 5 wins better than the Nets.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I was wrong... nets are bad

In their best interest to trade lopez, Lin and get some good picks for the future (and to help us teehee)

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:33:55 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

In their best interest to trade lopez, Lin and get some good picks for the future (and to help us teehee)

Yeah they're bad, and it's good.

Although I really thought that if they overpaid a couple of players, they probably would have fielded a solid enough team that could make a low seed playoff push. I thought they should have done that, seeming as they don't have draft picks to tank for for the next two years.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 12:54:00 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Although I really thought that if they overpaid a couple of players, they probably would have fielded a solid enough team that could make a low seed playoff push. I thought they should have done that, seeming as they don't have draft picks to tank for for the next two years.

They tried to - Allen Crabbe from Portland and Tyler Johnson from Miami. They were thwarted.  ;D
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

This past off-season I repeatedly explained that given the availability of cap space and propensity of teams to match offers to RFAs that it would be exceedingly difficult for Brooklyn to acquire any decent FAs this past off-season. That's exactly what happened.

FAs no longer gravitate to the worst teams because 20+ teams can create the space to get the guys they want. The teams that are the have-nots, the ones with more difficult futures are going to have a harder time capturing FAs as long as the current cap space dynamic remains in place. When everyone is getting overpaid, then players can select the best option and not just the most money.

Brooklyn's best bet it to hope Lopez stays healthy and move him at the deadline. His contract is up in 2018 and if they're going to get anything substantial for him it has to be this year. Make the move, get a couple of draft picks and play for time until 2019 when the rebuild can start in earnest.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Checking the tankathon website became part of my daily routine last year. Glad to have it back.

Tankathon has us with the 8th pick and Jarrett Allen as of 11/1/2016
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
No need for this thread. That's all that's covered in Nets thread.  E.g. how bad they are in relation to other teams.

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 11:41:11 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Just looking at the Pelicans roster and it's pretty bad with no depth. Ugh, another contender for the top 5 worst records.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Just looking at the Pelicans roster and it's pretty bad with no depth. Ugh, another contender for the top 5 worst records.
Tankathon has Brooklyn currently picking 10th, I'd like to see that get into the top 5.

Here are the teams that are currently ahead of Brooklyn that I think will finish with more wins:
1. New Orleans should improve once Jrue Holliday and Tyreke Evans return.
2. Dallas will improve under Carlisle (but if they don't we should try to get Bogut)
3. Washington can't continue to be this bad with Wall and Bradley.
4. Minnesota is so young that they should improve as the season goes along.
5. New York will get better once they realize that Porzingis is their best player.
6. Sacramento should be better as long as they don't deal Boogie. Darren Collison will help when he is back
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 08:08:08 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
New Orleans are now 0-6.
Dallas are 0-5.
Philly are 0-4.

I would never have imagined Dallas and New Orleans playing just as bad as Philly. What's even worse is that Brooklyn is 2-4. They should have been the one being 0-6 right now :blank:
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
With 3 straight (as expected) losses Brooklyn is tied for 7th worst record in the league. That currently puts us in the Ivan Rabb, J. Isaac draft area. One thing so far about Isaac is that he can really shoot the ball from 3 and he's 6'10. I can't wait for him to play vs. better competition to see if it's for real. One of his strengths was his outside shot/jumper. It's been true to form thus far.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
7 teams clustered at 4 wins with Brooklyn.  I expect Phoenix, Philly and Dallas to be our real competition for the bottom, still think we'll end up in the top 5 pick range.  Who knows, could even get lucky in the lottery.