Author Topic: Serge Ibaka to Celtics trade idea  (Read 4052 times)

Serge Ibaka to Celtics trade idea
« on: October 30, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One guy to keep an eye on (trade possibility by the trade deadline) is Ibaka.  The Magic have already invested in Vucevic and Biyombo long term.  Aaron Gordon is still on his rookie contract and one would assume he is one of the last guys the Magic would trade.    So if you resign Ibaka , that would be trying up alot of money at the PF/C spots

To Magic: Amir Johnson, Terry Rozier, 2018 1st round pick (Celtics)
To Celtics: Ibaka, Rudez

Ibaka
Horford
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Mickey/Jerebko
Brown/Young
Green
Smart/Jackson

Re: Serge Ibaka to Celtics trade idea
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The Magic just traded pick #11 and Victor Oladipo to acquire Ibaka.  They hang up the phone, and don't pick up the next time Ainge calls.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Magic just traded pick #11 and Victor Oladipo to acquire Ibaka.  They hang up the phone, and don't pick up the next time Ainge calls.

Yeah they got Ibaka to keep him. They're not moving him for far less than they paid a week into the season, or by the trade deadline.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 01:08:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

By the trade deadline his value will drop...

explain then how he is going to afford to keep Vucevic, Gordon, Biyombo and Ibaka  .... how are mins going to be distributed?

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 01:09:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Think they have plans of playing big and small with Gordon playing some SF as well as Ibaka playing some C. They are going to be giving some interesting looks. If things don't work Gordon is likely dealt.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
... you think Gordon is more likely to be traded than Vucevic, Ibaka, or even Biyombo? Not a chance.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 09:13:23 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

I agree Ibaka is not being moved any time soon.

The individual roster moves the Magic made are solid but placed together they have a strange roster that is in conflict with the trends of the league. If I where a magic fan I would have wanted to see Payton, Oladipo, Gordon, Hezonja and Fournier develop together. The trade for Ibaka makes sense for a team building around Vucevic. I could also see a Gordon at the PF and Ibaka at center in a small lineup working well. Adding Biyombo was a curious move because it forced them into playing big.

If I was the Magics GM I would look to move Biyombo and play Ibaka as the backup center allowing more time for an Ibaka, Gordon and Green front court.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 10:23:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
revised offer... i just think the Magic are doomed if they don't trade Ibaka before the deadline. I doubt he will resign

To Magic:  Amir, Rozier, Young, Mickey, all the 2017 2nd round picks
To Celtics: Ibaka, Zimmerman, Rudez, Wilcox

Celtics lineup

Horford
Ibaka
Crowder
AB
IT

This may only turn out to be a half a season rental, he might resign long term...  Ibaka rebounding/3 pt shooting ability is big.  I would finally feel confident the Celts could get past the Raptors and make the Cavs sweat in the playoffs.

Why Magic do this trade: Well Ibaka is not helping the Magic get anywhere this season.  At times is redundant on the floor/headache to manage minutes between Biyombo, Gordon.  The trade they made in the off season to obtain him is only worth it if they can resign him to a long term deal.  But 1) will he stay 2) do they necessarily want to pay him big bucks only to remain a mediocre team

The Celts can worry about salary headaches after the season is over. 

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
revised offer... i just think the Magic are doomed if they don't trade Ibaka before the deadline. I doubt he will resign

Celtics lineup

Horford
Ibaka
Crowder
AB
IT

This may only turn out to be a half a season rental, he might resign long term...  Ibaka rebounding/3 pt shooting ability is big.  I would finally feel confident the Celts could get past the Raptors and make the Cavs sweat in the playoffs.

Why Magic do this trade: Well Ibaka is not helping the Magic get anywhere this season.  At times is redundant on the floor/headache to manage minutes between Biyombo, Gordon.  The trade they made in the off season to obtain him is only worth it if they can resign him to a long term deal.  But 1) will he stay 2) do they necessarily want to pay him big bucks to stay mediocre

this is an absolutely ridiculous trade proposal. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Celtics lineup

Horford
Ibaka
Crowder
AB
IT

Why Magic do this trade: Well Ibaka is not helping the Magic get anywhere this season.  At times is redundant on the floor/headache to manage minutes between Biyombo, Gordon.  The trade they made in the off season to obtain him is only worth it if they can resign him to a long term deal.  But 1) will he stay 2) do they necessarily want to pay him big bucks to stay mediocre

I know the Celts are ripping off the Magic a little here. But maybe they will bite

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 10:33:57 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

By the trade deadline his value will drop...

explain then how he is going to afford to keep Vucevic, Gordon, Biyombo and Ibaka  .... how are mins going to be distributed?

Well given they have been shopping Vucevic I'm guessing that's how they will be able to afford it and find the minutes to distribute.

They'll max out Ibaka and he'll take the money

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Celtics lineup

Horford
Ibaka
Crowder
AB
IT

I know the Celts are ripping off the Magic a little here. But maybe they will bite

I don't even think there's a chance that they would, even if it's just because the GM doesn't want to admit that trading for him was a bad deal.  You can't trade Oladipo and the 11th pick for 6 months of Ibaka, Rozier, salary filler, and a handful of 2nds if you want to be seen as a good GM.  Instead they'll just cross their fingers and hope they can offer him enough to make him stay
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

Celtics lineup

Horford
Ibaka
Crowder
AB
IT

I don't even think there's a chance that they would, even if it's just because the GM doesn't want to admit that trading for him was a bad deal.  You can't trade Oladipo and the 11th pick for 6 months of Ibaka, Rozier, salary filler, and a handful of 2nds if you want to be seen as a good GM.  Instead they'll just cross their fingers and hope they can offer him enough to make him stay
even taking that out of it, that trade is not nearly enough for Ibaka, even a soon to be free agent Ibaka. 

I'm not suggesting that the Magic won't be sellers, they will, but the trades still need to be realistic.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 11:09:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Celtics lineup

Horford
Ibaka
Crowder
AB
IT

even taking that out of it, that trade is not nearly enough for Ibaka, even a soon to be free agent Ibaka. 

I'm not suggesting that the Magic won't be sellers, they will, but the trades still need to be realistic.

Well my initial offer was balked at

What do you guys want lol

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:08 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Heres my Ibaka idea. We should just go all in for Ibaka and Butler  :) :) :)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gwcj3mf

Chicago gets the Nets 2017 pick and the Memphis 2019 pick.

Orlando gets Chicago 2017 pick and Clippers 2019 pick.

Giving up 3 picks plus Rozier and Crowder is high but...

Left with IT, Bradley, Smart, Horford, KO, JB plus 2 big time players is worth it.  I can dream right?