Author Topic: Anthony Davis is NOT getting traded, but hypothetically, what would you give..  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
... Up from this Celtics team full of assets to land him. What do you see him worth?

Yeah I'll admit, I'm BORED waiting for tonight's game. Meanwhile, I saw Anthony Davis put up 45 points on the Warriors yesterday and now he is averaging 47.5 PPG through two games (oh, and the Pelicans lost again  :laugh: ).

Safe to say that for Davis, both BKN picks would have to be included in the deal, and the future Grizzlies OR Clippers pick.

I think the conundrum here is finding a way to deal for Davis without giving up IT, Horford and Jaylen Brown (pretty hard to do). Anyone have ideas?

(Again, this is just for fun. I don't think he'll actually get traded. I'm just bored but also impressed by the guy)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Of our rotation players: Smart, Crowder, IT....and Brooklyn pick is on the table if it comes to that.

Beyond that, the price might be too high.

Keep - AB, Rozier, Brown

Rozier will take over IT's scoring and Brown is already a better scorer than Crowder...

Disclaimer:  I think Brooklyn won't have as bad a record as last season.  Might even fight to a playoff last spot.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Of our rotation players: Smart, Crowder, IT....and Brooklyn pick is on the table if it comes to that.

Keep - AB, Rozier, Brown

Rozier will take over IT's scoring and Brown is already a better scorer than Crowder...

Disclaimer:  I think Brooklyn won't have as bad a record as last season.  Might even fight to a playoff last spot.

Yeah I don't think BKN will get a playoff spot but they may end up being better than people think.

Probably ends up being a pick between 5-8, which is still good because it's a deep draft this year, but not as great as having 1-3 as most of us here hoped for.

Also if you give up both BKN picks and a future first, could you keep IT in that proposed deal? I feel like IT would be the second or third piece as a legitimate scorer on a championship team.

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

Keep - AB, Rozier, Brown

Yeah I don't think BKN will get a playoff spot but they may end up being better than people think.

Probably ends up being a pick between 5-8, which is still good because it's a deep draft this year, but not as great as having 1-3 as most of us here hoped for.

Also if you give up both BKN picks and a future first, could you keep IT in that proposed deal? I feel like IT would be the second or third piece as a legitimate scorer on a championship team.

Considering the kind of talent the Nets have (or the lack thereof) not having a Top 3 draft pick would be a MAJOR disappointment....at least for Cs fans  ;D

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Keep - AB, Rozier, Brown

Considering the kind of talent the Nets have (or the lack thereof) not having a Top 3 draft pick would be a MAJOR disappointment....at least for Cs fans  ;D

They have been great through 2 games so far, even put up 117 on us lol.

Then again, teams like the 76ers, Lakers have improved as well. That's somewhat of a bonus.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I wouldn't want Davis. He gets hurt every year. Just wait a few games. He's scoring half his team's points right now, and they are losing. Boogie is a similar player. Gets a lot of touches, and gets hurt, too. But Davis is the worst. He finds a way to get hurt.

You put these guys on a balanced team, and you don't know what you are going to get. That's the downside of trading for Boogie. They need to have the ball.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Said it before, "IT, Crowder, JJ and AJ for AD and Holiday".

Starters= Smart, AB, Green, AD, Hordeford
Bench=Rozier, Holiday, Brown, KO, Zeller
Reserves=DJ, Young, Mickey

Holiday, KO and Zeller are off the books so use that $ to sign Hayward.
2017 starters= Smart, AB, Hayward, AD, Hordeford.
Bench TBD but three would be locks in Rozier, Brown, Zizic.

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Smart, Brown, and the two picks is a starting point.   I'd do it in a second.   I'd trust Ainge to get a team around him.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I wouldn't want Davis. He gets hurt every year. Just wait a few games. He's scoring half his team's points right now, and they are losing. Boogie is a similar player. Gets a lot of touches, and gets hurt, too. But Davis is the worst. He finds a way to get hurt.

You put these guys on a balanced team, and you don't know what you are going to get. That's the downside of trading for Boogie. They need to have the ball.
Seriously?  This guy's a generational player in the LeBron category. If he decides he wants to come to your team you get rid of whoever you need to get rid of to clear the cap space, then worry about surrounding him with enough talent to compete for a title. #1 player in the league right now.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Seriously?  This guy's a generational player in the LeBron category. If he decides he wants to come to your team you get rid of whoever you need to get rid of to clear the cap space, then worry about surrounding him with enough talent to compete for a title. #1 player in the league right now.

I think the problem with a Davis trade is... In the process of completing the trade, you ultimately give up way too much to the extent where you become the Pelicans, with a Celtics team that has Davis but not much depth around him except maybe IT and a few young players..

Whereas a Cousins trade... you might keep around some depth and definitely guys like IT, one of Bradley/Crowder, etc.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think we'd have to win the lottery this year with Fultz looking like a superstar. Then Fultz + 2018 nets might get it done.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he will demand one at some point but I doubt we could get him without giving up half our team and first round picks.   Right now he is averaging like 47.5 PPG.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I think he will demand one at some point but I doubt we could get him without giving up half our team and first round picks.   Right now he is averaging like 47.5 PPG.

Yeah it's insane. And Westbrook is averaging like 40+ points a game as well. Lots of great players putting up insane stats to begin the season.

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I think we'd have to win the lottery this year with Fultz looking like a superstar. Then Fultz + 2018 nets might get it done.

While I get your intention 100%, there is just no way if I am the Pelicans I trade AD for a guy who PROBABLY can be a star and a pick that might be a star.

AD is locked up for a few years, oversign a vet free agent and get into the playoffs to placate AD lol.
#JKJB

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
So what's our top offer without gutting the roster?

Both BKN picks for starters.

One of Bradley/Smart/Crowder, or two of them?

Pick of Jerebko/Zeller.

Pick a prospect Yabu/Zizic/Young?

Maybe another pick somewhere?

We could offer a lot and still have a solid 8-player rotation, with some picks remaining too.

What would be nice for a star is one that can either score or draw a foul when needed to stop a run. IT isn't consistent with getting the call, and I don't think Horford is that guy. I would be hesitant to make The Godfather offer without getting that guy.