Author Topic: Who is purest pg on the team  (Read 2027 times)

Who is purest pg on the team
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Between IT, Rozier, Jackson and add Smart?

Rank em

Re: Who is purest pg on the team
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Crazy as it sounds, Jackson is the purest PG on the Celtics.

1.Jackson
2. IT
3.Smart
4. Rozier

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:05:29 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
If you 're talking about pass first pure point guard

Jackson
Smart
IT
Rozier

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:44:47 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I agree, its Jackson.

But if after a defensive rebound, you advance the ball with passing, and keep the ball moving in a half court offensive - how important is it really to have an old fashioned, ball dominant, "pure" point guard.

Just give me 5 unselfish basketball players who keep the ball moving.  I don't need old timey tall players in the post or pure point guards.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 12:23:32 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
1-Jackson
2-Rozier
3-IT
4-Smart

Only Jackson is a pure point the others all are learning/converting to the position due to size.

IT has made real progress--Terry tries to run the offense & follow the coaches game plan, because if he doesn't he will play less or not at all.  Marcus is young and IMO just doesn't get it "yet", but does other things strong enough that he has an important role on the team.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 12:58:53 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
1-Jackson
2-Rozier
3-IT
4-Smart

Only Jackson is a pure point the others all are learning/converting to the position due to size.

IT has made real progress--Terry tries to run the offense & follow the coaches game plan, because if he doesn't he will play less or not at all.  Marcus is young and IMO just doesn't get it "yet", but does other things strong enough that he has an important role on the team.

You got the rankings inverted. I'm baffled how you can say Marcus "don't get it yet" when Rozier is like a bull on a china shop at times and IT is getting too fancy with his passing sometimes.

- Jackson might be the purest pg on the team, but he can't hang out with the big boys yet.
- IT is more of a scorer. He draws defenders with him and open up teammates via attacking the rim. Saw him getting too cute with his passes against the Nets that almost cost them a win.
- Rozier is a poor man's IT atm. His poor decision making is still showing at times.
- Smart is the most composed of them when playing the point. I saw him directing the traffic, even though Rozier is the one handling the ball.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
1-Jackson
2-Rozier
3-IT
4-Smart

You got the rankings inverted. I'm baffled how you can say Marcus "don't get it yet" when Rozier is like a bull on a china shop at times and IT is getting too fancy with his passing sometimes.

- Jackson might be the purest pg on the team, but he can't hang out with the big boys yet.
- IT is more of a scorer. He draws defenders with him and open up teammates via attacking the rim. Saw him getting too cute with his passes against the Nets that almost cost them a win.
- Rozier is a poor man's IT atm. His poor decision making is still showing at times.
- Smart is the most composed of them when playing the point. I saw him directing the traffic, even though Rozier is the one handling the ball.

If Rozier is handling the ball who has Brad designated as the PG?  I am not saying Rozier is a good point yet but he tries to play the position as having the responsibility to run the offense.  Marcus may know the plays and direct traffic but he still regularly takes terrible shots, early in the clock.  Brad seldom gives Marcus the PG role because his decision making is not good.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:45:24 PM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:04 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Rosier is better at SG. Right now he is Avery Bradley with much better handles and less D.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
Rosier is better at SG. Right now he is Avery Bradley with much better handles and less D.

I agree but with Evan Turner gone we need a back-up PG ..and right now Terry is the best we have.  Can Marcus pass him ..I hope so... but so far Terry tries harder to do what the coaches want and run the offense.

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 01:23:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Jackson is about the only pure PG out of the lot.

Sounds like yall are starting to miss Evan Turner. I posted repeatedly last year that he was about the only Celtic not named Thomas that could get his own shot most of the times he wanted.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 01:32:51 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

I agree but with Evan Turner gone we need a back-up PG ..and right now Terry is the best we have.  Can Marcus pass him ..I hope so... but so far Terry tries harder to do what the coaches want and run the offense.

You mean can Rozier pass Smart. In the preseason Smart ran the offense while the two were on the floor. Rozier will have to handle the ball until Smart is 100%. If he improves drastically, he will maintain the responsibility. I just don't believe its in his chemical make up to be a distributor. We will have to wait and see.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton

You mean can Rozier pass Smart. In the preseason Smart ran the offense while the two were on the floor. Rozier will have to handle the ball until Smart is 100%. If he improves drastically, he will maintain the responsibility. I just don't believe its in his chemical make up to be a distributor. We will have to wait and see.

I would be curious what other people saw but of what I saw in the preseason when Marcus and Terry were on the floor together Rozier was the primary ball handler?