Author Topic: We were badly missing a portly man last night...  (Read 3752 times)

We were badly missing a portly man last night...
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:50:22 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
We missed Sullinger last night. Robin Lopez, the poster child for below average NBA starters tore us up on the glass, we missed this big bodied fool. I know all the reasons why we had to cut ties, and I would have done the same thing, but that doesn't mean we wont miss his presence. I know its only one game, but rebounding was a concern coming in, and I feel like we were exposed last night. Its going to be tough to win when a team shoots like 60% on threes, but add in the second chance opportunities and you get crushed.

Re: We were badly missing a portly man last night...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
But probably not enough to pay him money

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Robin Lopez is a great offensive rebounder.

It's still an issue though. We need to find a middle ground between Sully (who can only rebound) and the bigs we have now (who can do a lot well but can't rebound).
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:31 AM »

• The Green Kornet
Well, for the money Toronto gave him, I would take it. But I don't think he was going to take that from us. I would not tie up long term money in the amounts he would have wanted, no.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:56:40 AM »

• The Green Kornet
Robin Lopez is a great offensive rebounder.

It's still an issue though. We need to find a middle ground between Sully (who can only rebound) and the bigs we have now (who can do a lot well but can't rebound).

Yeah I agree with you about RL's offensive rebounding. Just all in all, he's a meh player to me. Someone who wouldn't have had as big an impact if we had some solid rebounding in there. 

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Yeah I agree with you about RL's offensive rebounding. Just all in all, he's a meh player to me. Someone who wouldn't have had as big an impact if we had some solid rebounding in there.
Unless we make roster changes, we have to live with the reality that we don't have rebounders on our team. I think when there's a guy like Robin Lopez (or Valanciunas) out there, you have to attack what he is weak at. We should have attacked Lopez on our offensive end a lot more I think.

The other worrying thing is we only had 3 offensive boards.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 12:39:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I mean, I'd say we needed a guy like Taj Gibson or Robin Lopez last night more than we needed an undersized, overweight center with terrible scoring efficiency.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 12:40:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Considering Sully is out with an injury we would have missed him if he was still on our team too.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I mean, I'd say we needed a guy like Taj Gibson or Robin Lopez last night more than we needed an undersized, overweight center with terrible scoring efficiency.

I didn't remember Taj being that good and that active. He's even got a solid mid range game. I seriously wish we had him instead of Amir. Amir looks old lol, even though he's two years younger than Gibson.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Nope ....needed Smart to put some pressure on Wade s old legs .   KO to squeeze off couple 3  , so the little guys can slash at the bucket.

We played a close game , could have won,  with about five major handicaps hung around our necks heading into that meat grinder in Chicago, we almost won a game we should not have won .

And hey .....I ve seen Rondo, KG and Pierce dribble the ball off their foot and make those costly little mistakes like Brown did.  Even Bird had mistakes .   So a 20 year makes a goof in his 2 nd NBA game in a hostile hell hole with Rondo and Wade at his thoat .  Cut the guy some slack .SMH

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I didn't remember Taj being that good and that active. He's even got a solid mid range game. I seriously wish we had him instead of Amir. Amir looks old lol, even though he's two years younger than Gibson.

Amir has played 3,000 more minutes in his career than Taj, and was drafted 4 years earlier.  So it makes sense he looked older.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Sully was their best rebounder--they miss him--but Ainge dodged a bullet when they let him go. He has chronic foot issues. McHale was never the same after a similar foot operation.

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 11:48:38 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We missed Sully's rebounding but Horfords additions are worth a lot more.
His stretch ability, his passing and his interior defense.
I think Sully is a very good player but Horford is basically better at basketball in every facet other than rebounding.

Think about Horfords blocks vs chicago and Brooklyn. Think about him grabbing a board and running the floor like a horse.

Horford is the superior player.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

We may suffer this year, but Ainge just drafter our Muscular Sullinger Yabu Smelly, and an awesome rebounder and huge human being in Zizic. Just have to wait. It stinks I wish Zizic was here right now.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211

We may suffer this year, but Ainge just drafter our Muscular Sullinger Yabu Smelly, and an awesome rebounder and huge human being in Zizic. Just have to wait. It stinks I wish Zizic was here right now.

There is some truth in this I think.