Author Topic: Need an upgrade from Amir  (Read 9682 times)

Need an upgrade from Amir
« on: October 28, 2016, 08:00:40 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I just don't see what he brings to the table. Let me start by staying, I am not judging this from 2 games. I include last year in my assessment. I will add that maybe Stevens is starting to see it, as he was benched in the second half last night and barely played.
So last year he got a bit of a free ride, as he was hurt, but what about this year? He doesn't rebound. He was getting killed on the board to be more exact. He's not a rim protector. He certainly can't shot, especially FT's. I really don't see what he does that make this team any better.
Look, he seems like a nice enough guy, but I can't see how anyone watching can't see that the only way the Celtics compete is to improve that position. At this point it doesn't even have to be a star, just someone who can bang around with other teams bigs, get rebounds and block a few shots.
Just my opinion, but I guess that's what this forum is for.

Re: Need an upgrade from Amir
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:09:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Agreed = Amir is the weak-link in that starting lineup.

The team needs more offense from the 2nd big next to Horford. Horford is not a prolific scorer. Hard to play a low usage guy next to him. Team not getting enough offense from the bigs. Overly reliant on perimeter play. Even a 2nd mid-usage guy (which Horford is) like Olynyk would make a big difference.

This is the next step for the team. To get a long term fix at that 2nd big spot.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:23:25 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Zizic!
This guy was drafted to be an energy big. Someone to come of the bench and push the tempo. He was supposed to mature into a slightly better zeller.  He is looking like so much more right now.  watching film of him now, he looks like he will be what Sully should have been.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:30:32 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
yes, as a center, if you are the bruiser/rebounder (perk)type you can get away we no scoring.
but he is neither.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:33:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes KO

We need smart and ko back pronto

Sit zeller and maybe think about sitting Jerebko

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 08:38:32 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I like KO's game, but he doesn't bring the rebounding we need right now.  Put me in the "Free Zizic" camp. 

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 08:39:41 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Amir and this year's Nets pick for DMC.

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:46 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Amir and this year's Nets pick for DMC.

Like your thinking, but pretty sure they would want a lot more than that.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 08:50:02 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I would go with Smart, Amir, the 2017 nets, james young, and the grizzly pick for DMC.
#JKJB

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 09:04:29 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I would go with Smart, Amir, the 2017 nets, james young, and the grizzly pick for DMC.
That's a more reasonable offer.  I don't think Smart has a lot of value so might need to swap Brown for Smart.  Brown has more upside but Smart helps us win more in the short term which is what we'll need to keep Cousins onboard. 

Of course our offer really depends on what other teams offer.  It would be really interesting to see the interest he draws.  Young superstars rarely come on the market but he is somewhat controversial. 

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I like Amir. His game is underrated. There's a reason why CBS and Ainge went after him.

He is a great team player, makes the right plays, can guard inside or on the perimeter, and passes.

My goodness, it's almost like Celticsblog needs two areas: one for overreaction zone (aka NBA 2k zone) and one for basketball discussion.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
it does seem concerning that CBS just benched him for zeller. i thought maybe there was an injury or something but i dont see anything about that this AM.
 in a game w a large rebounding difference im worried coach didnt seem to think amir was the guy to goto.

i wonder if they'll need another big guy. KO isnt going to rebound much. Mickey probably isnt the answer.

i guess we'll see.. :)

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I like Amir. His game is underrated. There's a reason why CBS and Ainge went after him.

He is a great team player, makes the right plays, can guard inside or on the perimeter, and passes.

My goodness, it's almost like Celticsblog needs two areas: one for overreaction zone (aka NBA 2k zone) and one for basketball discussion.
We probably need three actually.  The overreaction area, the 60 win club, and the regular basketball area.  And I'm thinking there is a good deal of overlap between the 60 win club and the overreaction club.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 09:26:57 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
That's a more reasonable offer.  I don't think Smart has a lot of value so might need to swap Brown for Smart.  Brown has more upside but Smart helps us win more in the short term which is what we'll need to keep Cousins onboard. 

Of course our offer really depends on what other teams offer.  It would be really interesting to see the interest he draws.  Young superstars rarely come on the market but he is somewhat controversial.

I'd give them Rozier and Gerald Green, keep Jaylen and Smart. When can Zeller be traded? We can maybe pry Koufos off the Kings hands... they drafted a slew of bigs this year and need guards + picks.

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:32:24 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I would prefer swapping Rozier in this deal rather than Smart just because Smart probably has more impact on winning right now.