Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69789 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Cousins is involved in a scandal now..

It's okay Sacramento.. here's a couple of second round picks and we'll take him off your hands  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It's okay Sacramento.. here's a couple of second round picks and we'll take him off your hands  :laugh:

I think the joke among Sacremento fans is that Boston fans want to Trade Boogie for James Young straight up (and, I mean, we do want to, we just know it won't happen)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

I think the joke among Sacremento fans is that Boston fans want to Trade Boogie for James Young straight up (and, I mean, we do want to, we just know it won't happen)

Most SAC fans want him traded now lol.. but I think Cousins may have killed his chances of getting traded. Don't see Ainge or any other GM out there taking a chance with this guy anymore unless the price is a bit cheaper than reported...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2016, 10:17:05 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Not sure if this was reported but Cousins and Barnes are now being sued for an alleged fight in a NYC nightclub. We might need to be careful what we wish for in joining our team. I was on the get Boogie bandwagon but when I start to see things like this popping up, I get real nervous about trading away our future for this player. Now one can say on and off the court, he has shown bad judgement

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/12/08/sacramento-kings-cousins-barnes-sued

« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Not sure if this was reported but Cousins and Barnes are now being sued for an alleged fight in a NYC nightclub. We might need to be careful what we wish for in joining our team. I was on the get Boogie bandwagon but when I start to see things like this popping up, I get real nervous about trading away our future for this player. Now one can say on and off the court, he has shown bad judgement

Would like to hear the whole story.  Not even Matt Barnes just walks up to some random lady and strangles her.  There's undoubtedly more to it than that.

That said, still a bad look for Cousins.

« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yep.  And I'm not even all that concerned about this incident.  The guy has always been an idiot on the court, and it's painful to watch.  We don't have to watch him act like an idiot off the court.

« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2016, 10:36:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Most SAC fans want him traded now lol.. but I think Cousins may have killed his chances of getting traded. Don't see Ainge or any other GM out there taking a chance with this guy anymore unless the price is a bit cheaper than reported...
As good as he is, there were already reports that a lot of GM's wouldn't touch the guy no matter the price.  They just feel he'd kill any chemistry.

« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Would like to hear the whole story.  Not even Matt Barnes just walks up to some random lady and strangles her.  There's undoubtedly more to it than that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18236800/matt-barnes-demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-sued-alleged-assault-new-york

Apparently there is video-to-come of Barnes and Cousins boasting about beating up this guy. We'll see.

Up to this point, one of the main defenses of Cousins I've heard is that most of his personality troubles have been on the court, implying that he's actually a good guy and is just having a hard time in a bad situation. But now if he's involved in assaulting someone in a night club, that argument goes out the window.

He's feeling like a stay away.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2016, 12:36:52 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18236800/matt-barnes-demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-sued-alleged-assault-new-york

Apparently there is video-to-come of Barnes and Cousins boasting about beating up this guy. We'll see.

Up to this point, one of the main defenses of Cousins I've heard is that most of his personality troubles have been on the court, implying that he's actually a good guy and is just having a hard time in a bad situation. But now if he's involved in assaulting someone in a night club, that argument goes out the window.

He's feeling like a stay away.
i think that video has been on tmz and online already, not the actual scuffle but outside talking about it after

« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/columnist/2016/12/17/demarcus-cousins-hot-water-again-columnist-profane-tirade-sacramento-kings/95551560/

Question - when do we simply wash our hands of wanting Boogie?

I admit, I'm one of the bigger proponents of bringing Cousins here, but it just seems that every day something else is happening with him. And now it's spilling out to off-the-court incidents with the night club stuff and now the reporter incident, which he'll face league punishment for. And those are incidents that you really can't blame on his team situation in Sacramento.

So to the other Boogie trade proponents - when is enough enough for you?

« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2016, 09:58:17 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Bill Simmons wrote a pair of pieces about getting Boogie and about how it could all go right or wrong. Both are pretty entertaining reads. His prognostications about the rest of the world are fun.

If everything went right: https://theringer.com/nba-sliding-doors-demarcus-cousins-boston-celtics-good-boogie-967f2f1b26e4#.w73gkgvuy

If everything went wrong: https://theringer.com/nba-sliding-doors-demarcus-cousins-boston-celtics-bad-boogie-8eb5898f2821#.x5zdonm9i

EDIT: I just saw there's already a thread about this: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88118.0
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:30:48 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Should be noted that the Kings are currently only trailing the Blazers by 1.5 games for 8th place, so I imagine that they'll have to move much farther out of the race before actually trading Cousins. Unfortunately, I could see them staying within an arm's reach of the playoffs  all year long, which could ultimately give them the confidence to keep Cousins rather than trade him before the deadline.

Luckily, the Mavs are up double digits on the Kings in the 2nd right now, which is a double-win for us with our Brooklyn pick, too.

« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Mavs a SUCK team beating up on Boogie at the moment

« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2016, 10:47:47 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Mavs a SUCK team beating up on Boogie at the moment

The Mavs beat up on Boogie?

Cousins scored 33 points on 24 shots and pulled down 6 boards to go along with it.

The entire rest of Sac scored 46 points on 54 shots. Yeah, I'd be frustrated if I were Cousins.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.