Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69406 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2016, 11:58:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
What did Lowe say, that the C's weren't interested in Cousins?

There's not many other options on our time frame right now, so I think Danny is pragmatic enough to not pass up that kind of opportunity.

He thinks Danny would be willing to give it a shot, but Brad wants absolutely nothing to do with him.

The quote: http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/11/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_es.html

Oh, I remember that now.

He might not be his first choice, but I think Brad even knows how much someone like Boogie could help. And realistically, it's pretty clear that we need an upgrade at the big position, but who else could we potentially get? I think everyone knows Griffin is a long shot. Milsap? Ibaka? Noel? I could see Danny maybe going the Noel route given that it'd allow us to keep most of our major assets and picks, but unless Sacramento ultimately asks for way too much, you have to think that Danny will be in that conversation, especially with how much he's been interested in the past.

Further, Horford is a perfect role model and mentor to help Cousins out here. I can't think of any other potential team that would give him such a stable foundation with a great mentor and reported friends to allow for a smooth transition.

« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
It's just Lowe's speculation overall.

His speculation is not just speculation.

exactly. he's one of the best in the business. he doesn't just say stuff to say stuff and get clicks. if he says something like that, he knows whats up.

Yeah, but we should also not take every single thing an NBA guy says as full-fledged truth either. Woj is as good as they come with NBA transaction stuff, and look how off he was with Horford.

« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2016, 12:32:53 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Zach Lowe's reasoning isn't too smart to be honest...

He says we already signed a center, but I've never considered Horford a center... I still think with his length, intelligence, and ability to recover on help defense, that he's still meant to be a PF in today's game, especially with his improved 3pt and mid range depth shooting.

Cousins next to Horford will match each other like bread and butter... Cousins can post up, give Horford the space to operate in the mid range, and force double teams, whereas Horford can post up occasionally, and make the elbow pass, or front from the top of the key.

I know its crazy to believe, but if we could somehow keep a team of Smart, and somehow get Paul George/DMC, while keeping Horford. I would say that's a lineup that when hitting the right notes could contest the Cavs and GSW.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2016, 12:56:29 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

He says we already signed a center, but I've never considered Horford a center... I still think with his length, intelligence, and ability to recover on help defense, that he's still meant to be a PF in today's game, especially with his improved 3pt and mid range depth shooting.

Cousins next to Horford will match each other like bread and butter... Cousins can post up, give Horford the space to operate in the mid range, and force double teams, whereas Horford can post up occasionally, and make the elbow pass, or front from the top of the key.

I know its crazy to believe, but if we could somehow keep a team of Smart, and somehow get Paul George/DMC, while keeping Horford. I would say that's a lineup that when hitting the right notes could contest the Cavs and GSW.

funny you say that he's more suited to be a PF...

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/804891091338219520
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2016, 01:08:02 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I really don't get why people say Horford can't guard faster power forwards... I mean I agree he's not going to lock down every power forward that used to be a SF/PF hybrid... But he can certainly try, and he certainly will be able to at least match up on the defensive end for both positions.

I'm still in the camp that I want IT starting to force the defense to adjust to his speed, but I want Smart backing him up with at least 20-26 minutes as the main PG. I honestly would rather have Smart finishing the game with Cousins, or IT/Smart combo.

I always felt Smart, Crowder, and Cousins were the perfect trio or combo. Bradley would also make it a perfect quad set, but the intensity these three players bring is really undefinable.

A lot of people really crap on Cousins, but... How much longer can you take before you're pushed past your limits? How many years has the Kings say they'll turn it around? If I was Cousins, I wouldn't believe a single thing they say.

Horford plays a PF anyways... A floor stretching PF that can pass, defend, and box out.

Rebounds aren't always the perfect indicator for being a great boarder. Sullinger wasn't just great at grabbing boards, but also using his big butt to box out, and give others space to operate and chase it themselves.

« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Boogie dominating once again in New York, yet a slow start has them down 91-96 with 6 to go in the 4th:

36 pts, 11 rebs, 3 asts, 1 stl, 3 blks, 14-16 fts, 9-26 fgs, 4-8 3pfg

EDIT: Also of note, Boogie showing significant frustration with teammates. Had a rather noticeable outburst when Casspi didn't hustle to a rebound.

« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2016, 11:05:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Boogie dominating once again in New York, yet a slow start has them down 91-96 with 6 to go in the 4th:

EDIT: Also of note, Boogie showing significant frustration with teammates. Had a rather noticeable outburst when Casspi didn't hustle to a rebound.

That statline makes me drool...

Can you imagine someone like that next to Horford, and IT?

Smart would average at least 6-8 APG with Cousins taking it in the hole, or spotting up for jumpers.

« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I don't think the kings trade Cousins this year

« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2016, 11:12:39 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

that was when he pounded the ball to the ground right?

honestly, i'm not sure how much more of this he can take. he's doing everything (albeit not very efficiently), but they still keep losing
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2016, 11:12:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I don't think the kings trade Cousins this year

I don't think Cousins is staying next year.

Also Cousins has been expressing a lot of discomfort and anger at the season already... What happens when he starts throwing tantrums, disobeying his coach, and even getting his coach fired or fined? The Kings need to let him go. Its over.

« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Smart would average at least 6-8 APG with Cousins taking it in the hole, or spotting up for jumpers.

9-30 makes you drool? Cousins has been with IT and it was pretty unsuccessful.

Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins getting these giant statlines with very low assist numbers just isn't conducive to winning basketball games. Their teammates could literally start brewing up a cup of coffee in the corner. That's about how much chance they have of getting the ball passed to them.

Whilst I would adore any of these beast centers on the celtics, the stats dont get me hot and bothered until the players are used in a way that help their team win basketball games. That isn't the case with Cousins, Davis, Towns at the moment.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

9-30 makes you drool? Cousins has been with IT and it was pretty unsuccessful.

Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins getting these giant statlines with very low assist numbers just isn't conducive to winning basketball games. Their teammates could literally start brewing up a cup of coffee in the corner. That's about how much chance they have of getting the ball passed to them.

Whilst I would adore any of these beast centers on the celtics, the stats dont get me hot and bothered until the players are used in a way that help their team win basketball games. That isn't the case with Cousins, Davis, Towns at the moment.

16 freethrows attempted?

4-8 3pt shooting?

You realize how bad the Kings really are though right?

Face it man, every player on the Kings are just bad. And I disagree with the IT and Cousins comment... Yes they haven't have the greatest success, but they also haven't ever been put in a situation to succeed either..

Gay is leaving, so he's basically playing to get his next big contract, and Collison should be a sixth man/back up PG, and not a starting one.

« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2016, 11:41:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I see you Boogie

Come on Home  ;)

« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I see you Boogie

Come on Home  ;)

You didn't answer this one person's question.. Are you going to be called BOOGIEATTACK, if Boogie comes here? Hahaha. :)

« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2016, 12:52:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I see you Boogie

Come on Home  ;)

You didn't answer this one person's question.. Are you going to be called BOOGIEATTACK, if Boogie comes here? Hahaha. :)

TP.....I love causing trouble .... :)

I'm not just on the Boogie train ......I'm driving that motha !
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:04:25 AM by SHAQATTACK »