Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69403 times)

The Boogie Watch
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:34:49 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm starting this thread to track DeMarcus Cousins and the Kings this year. Let's hope things go bad in Sactown and that he forces a trade.

Last night, Boogie scored 37 points and pulled in 16 rebounds, and shot 3/5 3PT.  He outscored, out-rebounded, and outshot Aldridge and Gasol combined.

... and the Kings lost. 1-1.

Boogie's satisfaction meter: Slightly frustrated, but optimistic.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 06:47:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
We need a dominate player .

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 06:50:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Was watching that game on the Kings feed. Now it was probably mostly dealing with the fact that it was their home opener in a new building, but there seemed to be significant energy in that fanbase.

Of course, the inevitable suckitude that is coming their way should drain that energy pretty quick, especially with as difficult as their first 25 or so games are and if they trade Gay for pennies on the dollar, which could be the momentum needed to final get Boogie traded.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
What can Sac pull in for Rudy at the deadline? Probably not much..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:58:29 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I am down for emptying the warchest for boogie. They need to move him, and we need a great center. Our rebounding wouldn't be a problem. Imagine replacing Amir in the starting lineup with an enormous rebounder who is a much better scorer and 3pt shooter? Im excited just thinking about it.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 08:15:27 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I am down for emptying the warchest for boogie. They need to move him, and we need a great center. Our rebounding wouldn't be a problem. Imagine replacing Amir in the starting lineup with an enormous rebounder who is a much better scorer and 3pt shooter? Im excited just thinking about it.

I think that's the counter to GSW, and maybe to Cleveland as well. Cousins/Horford gives us a legit shot at a title.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:45 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
We definitely need the Kings to have a lousy start to the season so he loses all hope that the Kings can put together a playoff team.  Really need some of the younger teams to play better than the Kings. 

Here are two articles.  In the first, he says they would have been a playoff team last year if they'd kept coach Malone.  In the second, he talks positively about how things are going with coach Joerger. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2016/04/28/demarcus-cousins-george-karl-michael-malone-kings/83653382/ 
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/will-things-be-any-different-for-demarcus-cousins-and-the-kings-102716

I would note the comments about Joerger's style fitting the team best.  If we do get Cousins, coach Stevens is going to have to adjust his system.  Cousins will have to be a focal point on offense even if it means a somewhat slower pace, somewhat less ball movement and shooting less 3s.   

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff

I think that's the counter to GSW, and maybe to Cleveland as well. Cousins/Horford gives us a legit shot at a title.

And the best part is, we get a top 15 player who is just entering his prime at 26. He obviously doesn't rely on athleticism either so you have to assume he will be good for another 6-8 years. He also isn't injury prone. He would be the ultimate build now and for the future move. And our huge veteran presence can try and keep him in line.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:04 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I am all in on getting Boogie too, but what players do you think we need to give up?

Could Amir, Brown, Rozier and both Brooklyn picks get it done?

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 09:51:43 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I am in, 100%.

There is not a single individual asset on this roster that I wouldn't give up in return for Cousins.  Not one.

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 09:59:46 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
I would guess it would cost the next two Nets picks plus either Crowder or Bradley

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 10:26:32 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
I'm just rooting for Sacramento outright. They're one of the teams that I believe can "beat" Brooklyn.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff
I am all in on getting Boogie too, but what players do you think we need to give up?

I honestly think they would jump at the 2017 nets pick and Bradley or crowder + smart and Amir. Throw in the grizzlies and on of our flier SGs and I think they are all over us.
#JKJB

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 10:39:25 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I'm starting to really like our young players.

It would be tough to see Roz Smart and Brown go.

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

I honestly think they would jump at the 2017 nets pick and Bradley or crowder + smart and Amir. Throw in the grizzlies and on of our flier SGs and I think they are all over us.

Like the idea, but giving Bradley and Smart leaves them really thin at guard. How about both Nets picks, Amir, and Bradley or Smart?  Throw in JJ, and/or Young. That enough?