Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69920 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2016, 09:16:04 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Well the Cavs sucked before the Queen,, C's were down before Bird so on and so forth that's why you get to draft players like Cousins. I don't like the guy his attitude is awful and I am looking for a reason why I am wrong about this but don't see it. I'll give you everything you pointed out but this is the NBA. Everyone says it's about the players and people say he's great so does he not take any blame for the coaching issues, or not winning? It doesn't add up to me.

No one is saying Cousins is an all-time great like Bird or James. But he's really darn good and he might be great in the right situation.

Cousins isn't without faults (mainly attitude). But he's gotten better every year and it would be interesting to see what he'd be like in an environment that's stable, professional and winning. I heard so much of the same stuff about 'Sheed and look what happened to him when he went to Detroit.

Yea I understand he's not at that level but his talent is very high. Maybe when he goes to the Lakers we will see if he changes.  ;)

No, because the only way the Fakers can trade for him is to strip their team to get him. Thus he'll go from one lousy situation to another.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But anyway yes I'm being a jerk about it on purpose

That's probably a good sign that you should move on to a new thread.

I'll stay right here thanks. You keep bringing the guy up you apologize for him non stop and I'm calling you out on and you don't like it, too bad. Explain to me why I should think he's the player that brings us back to the promise land? He's very talented yes, but that's where it seems to end, when does it become he can't win or does not know how?

I'm just giving your fair warning. If you continue  "being a jerk ... on purpose", things probably won't  end well. Just discuss basketball without the attitude.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well the Cavs sucked before the Queen,, C's were down before Bird so on and so forth that's why you get to draft players like Cousins. I don't like the guy his attitude is awful and I am looking for a reason why I am wrong about this but don't see it. I'll give you everything you pointed out but this is the NBA. Everyone says it's about the players and people say he's great so does he not take any blame for the coaching issues, or not winning? It doesn't add up to me.

No one is saying Cousins is an all-time great like Bird or James. But he's really darn good and he might be great in the right situation.

Cousins isn't without faults (mainly attitude). But he's gotten better every year and it would be interesting to see what he'd be like in an environment that's stable, professional and winning. I heard so much of the same stuff about 'Sheed and look what happened to him when he went to Detroit.

Yea I understand he's not at that level but his talent is very high. Maybe when he goes to the Lakers we will see if he changes.  ;)

No, because the only way the Fakers can trade for him is to strip their team to get him. Thus he'll go from one lousy situation to another.

So he's part of the problem not the solution? 8)

Here's my thing I don't believe most GMs would give up a ton for the guy because they will be saying all the same things I am. Most of them are smart people that get paid a lot to make good decisions. IMO if the King's trade him they are going to be forced to take a low ball offer because of just what you mentioned.

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2016, 09:45:02 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I'll stay right here thanks. You keep bringing the guy up you apologize for him non stop and I'm calling you out on and you don't like it, too bad. Explain to me why I should think he's the player that brings us back to the promise land? He's very talented yes, but that's where it seems to end, when does it become he can't win or does not know how?

I'm just giving your fair warning. If you continue  "being a jerk ... on purpose", things probably won't  end well. Just discuss basketball without the attitude.

Yea got it. We are in the cupcake world of the internet where everyone has thin skin and they all get trophy's!

Also if you have been reading my posts I have been having basketball discussions and tried to have one with you.  :blank:

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:14 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Yea got it. We are in the cupcake world of the internet where everyone has thin skin and they all get trophy's!

Also if you have been reading my posts I have been having basketball discussions and tried to have one with you.  :blank:

The irony is that this poster has consistently criticized Cousins' beahavior, yet the poster's behavior in this thread is quintessentially "Cousins-esque."  These posts have been hilariously, performatively Freudian.

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

The irony is that this poster has consistently criticized Cousins' beahavior, yet the poster's behavior in this thread is quintessentially "Cousins-esque."  These posts have been hilariously, performatively Freudian.

Finally someone gets the irony!!! TP

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2016, 10:02:21 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Question why do they call him Boogie?

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2016, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

So he's part of the problem not the solution? 8)

No, basketball isn't played 1 on 5.

Now that we've gone full circle, it's time to get off the Merry-Go-Round.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2016, 12:02:11 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I googled it.

"He received this nickname from his former coach at Kentucky, Rod Strickland. He got the name because despite being a big man, he was able to do finesse moves that many guards couldn't even do. This led to Coach Strickland telling him he had a lot of “Boogie”, and the name stuck."

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I googled it.

"He received this nickname from his former coach at Kentucky, Rod Strickland. He got the name because despite being a big man, he was able to do finesse moves that many guards couldn't even do. This led to Coach Strickland telling him he had a lot of “Boogie”, and the name stuck."

TP
I would have guessed it was a name from his childhood because he was always picking his nose or something like that hahaha. But that does make sense.

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2016, 08:02:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Can we get a Favors watch?

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I do agree with the poster question if Boogie is so good...why can't he make Sacramento at least respectable?  The great players do that...

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2016, 08:32:28 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I do agree with the poster question if Boogie is so good...why can't he make Sacramento at least respectable?  The great players do that...

At this point he's the classic guy putting up big numbers on a bad team.

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2016, 08:34:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

You could literally say the same thing about Anthony Davis...

Not entirely disagreeing with you, but that logic has its flaws as well.

Pelicans are 0-5. Is Anthony Davis also overrated in that case? Is he just some guy putting up great numbers on a bad team?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2016, 08:58:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Sacramento down 5 midway through the fourth quarter in Orlando. Going to be another big loss for them if they can't take back the lead.