Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69792 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2016, 04:34:11 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They haven't made the playoffs in a decade.  If they have a losing record at the deadline they would be wise to move him.   If they wait until next year he will be a "rental" since it will be his final year.  Last chance to get major value is this season.

We are talking about one of the two stupidest teams in the NBA though. 

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Wait a minute. Now I have to listen to the idea that the rest of the roster is junk? I read on here all the time people drooling over McLemore, Gay, WCS(?) and Rondo when he was there and I'm sure I'm missing some. Unreal!! ::)

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I'd offer them Amir + 2019 Memphis pick + their pick of TWO of 2017 nets pick (swap), 2018 nets pick, jaylen brown, marcus smart.

I don't think any team will willingly offer more than that (if they did, they'd be Sacramento all over again) and if Sac declines, then we say OK, we'll just pick him up for free in free agency in 2018 then.

Danny would be run out of town to give that up for him, total crazy talk! You Cousins lovers have to understand you're in the minority of people that think this guy is a franchise player. Talent wise yes but his head isn't in it and non bias people see that.

Minority of people? The guy was All-NBA last year, an All-Star, and an Olympian.

None of the players or picks mentioned is guaranteed to be a good starter, let alone an All-NBA player.

Honestly 75% of the "experts" I watch, listen or read say what I'm saying. He's a total gamble period, he's not a sure thing you give up every asset you have to get. Getting him as a free agent would be different. If the Kings ever trade him it will be interesting to see to whom and what they get back in return. I agree the draft picks and the players mentioned are what you said but I'd put money on the long term King's win that deal. Cousins is an idiot, maybe you don't know hot heads that do dumb stuff, but I do and you can't rely on them they never change. You can fantasize it's the team, his teammates, the city or any other thing you want but the fact is it's him. The child you see out there is the same one you will get, to believe otherwise is lying to yourself.

I'd let Cousins be Cousins. He doesn't need to change.

30 points on 16 shots tonight, despite some terrible calls made against him by the refs.

35 wins every year. No idea how someone makes All NBA and can't get his team close to .500? I watched the Queen carry a bunch of bums to the NBA finals, Mr. All NBA can't carry his team to .500 Bahahahaha.

So Cousins isn't as good as Lebron, a top-10 player of all-time?  By all means, let's not trade for him then.

I'm not saying don't trade for him, I'm saying don't mortgage the future for him. But why can't anyone answer me the fact he so good he can't win 40 games? I don't get it. I hear a lot of excuses but to me excuses are like Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s, everyone has one and they all stink! I'm not asking why he can't win a playoff series, or even a playoff game for that matter. Why in a water downed league he can't lead his team to .500? One of you Cry-ousins lovers riddle me that? I don't want to hear front office, or teammates that I read on here all the time we should trade for, suck, or the refs screw him over. Why can't this All NBAer win 40 freakin games?

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I'd offer them Amir + 2019 Memphis pick + their pick of TWO of 2017 nets pick (swap), 2018 nets pick, jaylen brown, marcus smart.

I don't think any team will willingly offer more than that (if they did, they'd be Sacramento all over again) and if Sac declines, then we say OK, we'll just pick him up for free in free agency in 2018 then.

Danny would be run out of town to give that up for him, total crazy talk! You Cousins lovers have to understand you're in the minority of people that think this guy is a franchise player. Talent wise yes but his head isn't in it and non bias people see that.

Minority of people? The guy was All-NBA last year, an All-Star, and an Olympian.

None of the players or picks mentioned is guaranteed to be a good starter, let alone an All-NBA player.

Honestly 75% of the "experts" I watch, listen or read say what I'm saying. He's a total gamble period, he's not a sure thing you give up every asset you have to get. Getting him as a free agent would be different. If the Kings ever trade him it will be interesting to see to whom and what they get back in return. I agree the draft picks and the players mentioned are what you said but I'd put money on the long term King's win that deal. Cousins is an idiot, maybe you don't know hot heads that do dumb stuff, but I do and you can't rely on them they never change. You can fantasize it's the team, his teammates, the city or any other thing you want but the fact is it's him. The child you see out there is the same one you will get, to believe otherwise is lying to yourself.

30 points on 16 shots tonight, despite some terrible calls made against him by the refs.

35 wins every year. No idea how someone makes All NBA and can't get his team close to .500? I watched the Queen carry a bunch of bums to the NBA finals, Mr. All NBA can't carry his team to .500 Bahahahaha.

So Cousins isn't as good as Lebron, a top-10 player of all-time?  By all means, let's not trade for him then.

I'm not saying don't trade for him, I'm saying don't mortgage the future for him. But why can't anyone answer me the fact he so good he can't win 40 games? I don't get it. I hear a lot of excuses but to me excuses are like ****s, everyone has one and they all stink! I'm not asking why he can't win a playoff series, or even a playoff game for that matter. Why in a water downed league he can't lead his team to .500? One of you Cry-ousins lovers riddle me that? I don't want to hear front office, or teammates that I read on here all the time we should trade for, suck, or the refs screw him over. Why can't this All NBAer win 40 freakin games?

Because basketball isn't played 1 on 5.

/thread
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I'm not saying don't trade for him, I'm saying don't mortgage the future for him. But why can't anyone answer me the fact he so good he can't win 40 games? I don't get it. I hear a lot of excuses but to me excuses are like ****s, everyone has one and they all stink! I'm not asking why he can't win a playoff series, or even a playoff game for that matter. Why in a water downed league he can't lead his team to .500? One of you Cry-ousins lovers riddle me that? I don't want to hear front office, or teammates that I read on here all the time we should trade for, suck, or the refs screw him over. Why can't this All NBAer win 40 freakin games?

/thread

Try telling that to mid 2000s Kobe lol.
#JKJB

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

/thread

So excuse #1 is the rest of the roster is D-Leaguers?

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2016, 07:46:24 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

/thread

Oh, you wanted a serious answer? Well maybe next time you'll phrase your question to get a serious response. When you say "I don't want to hear..." and proceed to list a bunch of actual reasons why those teams suck you're obviously not asking an honest question but a pseudo-trolling one. Ask a flippant question, get a flippant answer.

The Kings didn't win 40 games in the 4 seasons prior to Cousins joining the team. Are those also his fault? Why couldn't they win 40 games then?

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

/thread

Oh, you wanted a serious answer? Well maybe next time you'll phrase your question to get a serious response. When you say "I don't want to hear..." and proceed to list a bunch of actual reasons why those teams suck you're obviously not asking an honest question but a pseudo-trolling one. Ask a flippant question, get a flippant answer.

The Kings didn't win 40 games in the 4 seasons prior to Cousins joining the team. Are those also his fault? Why couldn't they win 40 games then?

Calling people a troll is the sissy way out, why most people on the internet hide behind user names.

But anyway yes I'm being a jerk about it on purpose because I get tired of hearing about him and I don't like him. He doesn't win period. I have my believes but I'm asking in all seriousness why he can't win 40 games?

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 08:45:01 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

/thread

Calling people a troll is the sissy way out, why most people on the internet hide behind user names.

But anyway yes I'm being a jerk about it on purpose because I get tired of hearing about him and I don't like him. He doesn't win period. I have my believes but I'm asking in all seriousness why he can't win 40 games?

Please point out any place in my reply that you were called a troll. Your question was trollish - not you - and that is uncharacteristic of you.

I'm responding with why did the Kings not win 40 games in the 4 seasons before he got there? This was a bad team before he got there. They've had 8 coaches in the last 10 years. The most dysfunctional front office in basketball. Incredibly bad drafting beyond Cousins (Stauskas was #8, Biyombo #7, Thomas Robinson #5 - in THREE STRAIGHT drafts), bad trades...that's a lot to overcome.

You asked earlier if the entire team was D-Leaguers. No, they're not. But they're incredibly mismatched. Their talents don't blend well. They're not well coached. They haven't adopted any philosophy of playing. You won't win in the NBA like that.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:51:54 PM by Granath »

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But anyway yes I'm being a jerk about it on purpose

That's probably a good sign that you should move on to a new thread. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

/thread

Please point out any place in my reply that you were called a troll. Your question was trollish - not you - and that is uncharacteristic of you.

I'm responding with why did the Kings not win 40 games in the 4 seasons before he got there? This was a bad team before he got there. They've had 8 coaches in the last 10 years. The most dysfunctional front office in basketball. Incredibly bad drafting beyond Cousins (Stauskas was #8, Biyombo #7, Thomas Robinson #5 - in THREE STRAIGHT drafts), bad trades...that's a lot to overcome.

You asked earlier if the entire team was D-Leaguers. No, they're not. But they're incredibly mismatched. Their talents don't blend well. They're not well coached. They haven't adopted any philosophy of playing. You won't win in the NBA like that.

Well the Cavs sucked before the Queen,, C's were down before Bird so on and so forth that's why you get to draft players like Cousins. I don't like the guy his attitude is awful and I am looking for a reason why I am wrong about this but don't see it. I'll give you everything you pointed out but this is the NBA. Everyone says it's about the players and people say he's great so does he not take any blame for the coaching issues, or not winning? It doesn't add up to me.

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2016, 09:05:16 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
But anyway yes I'm being a jerk about it on purpose

That's probably a good sign that you should move on to a new thread.

I'll stay right here thanks. You keep bringing the guy up you apologize for him non stop and I'm calling you out on and you don't like it, too bad. Explain to me why I should think he's the player that brings us back to the promise land? He's very talented yes, but that's where it seems to end, when does it become he can't win or does not know how?

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2016, 09:06:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

It's a chicken or the egg thing with Boogie and the refs. Does he complain because he gets screwed, or does he get screwed because he complains?

The above was Boogie's 6th foul tonight, called in the final seconds of regulation. That's not a foul. At worst, it's mutual contact, as Whiteside had his forearm into Boogie.

Yeah, and I've found this is pretty obvious from the recent times I've actually watched him play.

People were so quick to bring up all the complaining Cousins did in that first BOS/SAC game last year.  I watched that game, and even as a Celtics fan I actually felt bad for Cousins. 

He was getting absolutely punked by the Celtics (especially Smart) almost every time he touched the ball, and every single time I was waiting for him to respond aggressively, and he just didn't  He kept taking it, taking it, taking it - no calls. 

You could see he was frustrated, but somehow he managed to keep quiet and he just kept playing.   I remember watching the game thinking "he's a better man then me - I'd have lost it by now". 

Later in the game he gets absolutely hacked by Smart, and finally he snaps - grabs Smart's jersey and throws him to the ground.  I was honestly amazed he didn't react that way sooner the way things were going. 

From what I recall DMC got the worst end of it when the official blew their whistle - I didn't think that was fair.  The Celtics were basically hacking at him all day long, it was obvious that they were intentionally trying to frustrate him to put him off his game, yet the officials did nothing. 

If the officials were calling all those little fouls we committed against Cousins like they are supposed to, then he'd be converting at the line, Boston's guys would be getting in foul trouble, and the Celtics would have been forced to try something else.  Then Cousins would have no reason to be frustrated, and there likely would have been no altercation.  But by allowing it to go on the officials make it obvious that they don't like Cousins and they are intentionally trying to push him so that he'll react - like they WANT him to look bad.

If we tried playing one of the NBA's Golden children (e.g. Lebron, Curry or Durant) that way the officials would be blowing their whistles as soon as we touch the guy.

This is why I think the criticism Cousins gets is sometimes unfair. 

Don't get me wrong, I completely acknowledge that he has temper issues and that he is a tricky guy to work with emotionally - but that's been true of so many stars in the past.   Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Dennis Rodman, Iverson, Rasheed Wallace, Kobe Bryant - so many of the all time greats have been known for their arrogance, for having a temper, and for having overpowering egos.  But for the most part we overlook that as we admire their talent and their greatness.

Barkley for example was a massive troublemaker and never won a title in his career, but he never gets ignored when people are writing lists of the top 10 PF's ever to play the game. He's always put in that list with Garnett, Duncan, Malone, etc.

Yet when the conversation comes Cousins people do the opposite - they overlook his greatness and focus entirely on his attitude issues and his lack of team success.

When people talk about Paul Pierce, they always talk positive about his loyalty to his team - his willingness to stick with Boston through the good times and the bad, even during the rebuild years.   But when somebody mentions Cousin's loyalty to the Kings people criticise him for it as if it's a character flaw - saying that him sticking around on a bad team only means he doesn't care about winning.

There are always double standards with the Cousins haters.  I wish people would just acknowledge the fact that he's been the best center (and arguably the best big man, period) in the NBA for the past 2-3 years.  I wish people would acknowledge that he's still only 25-26 years old, meaning he still has at least another 2-3 years of development before he reaches his prime.  I wish people would acknowledge that it takes an incredible sense of pride and love for your city / fans to stick around a team through all the things this Sacramento team has been through.

I wish people would acknowledge all of those positive things about Cousins just as freely as they criticise him for his weaknesses. 

I don't think any of the Cousins fans out there deny his flaws - they simply accept his flaws and his talents hand in hand.  But the haters out there often completely refuse to acknowledge his greatness, they just focus entirely on the flaws.

TP.

You literally nailed it. That's exactly what I have to say about Cousins.

I felt he has always been so underappreciated. He's emotional, but he's competitive. He does give up on plays, but that should also be a reflection on coaching.

Depending on what it would take, if we still have at least Smart, or Isaiah, and Horford with a mix of either Bradley or Crowder, we would be a close contender, or a top 3-5 team.

We would still have the assets, and Cousins contract is cap friendly, so we might make some room for a FA.

Plus he just wants to win.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2016, 09:07:51 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Well the Cavs sucked before the Queen,, C's were down before Bird so on and so forth that's why you get to draft players like Cousins. I don't like the guy his attitude is awful and I am looking for a reason why I am wrong about this but don't see it. I'll give you everything you pointed out but this is the NBA. Everyone says it's about the players and people say he's great so does he not take any blame for the coaching issues, or not winning? It doesn't add up to me.

No one is saying Cousins is an all-time great like Bird or James. But he's really darn good and he might be great in the right situation.

Cousins isn't without faults (mainly attitude). But he's gotten better every year and it would be interesting to see what he'd be like in an environment that's stable, professional and winning. I heard so much of the same stuff about 'Sheed and look what happened to him when he went to Detroit. 

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2016, 09:10:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

No one is saying Cousins is an all-time great like Bird or James. But he's really darn good and he might be great in the right situation.

Cousins isn't without faults (mainly attitude). But he's gotten better every year and it would be interesting to see what he'd be like in an environment that's stable, professional and winning. I heard so much of the same stuff about 'Sheed and look what happened to him when he went to Detroit.

Yea I understand he's not at that level but his talent is very high. Maybe when he goes to the Lakers we will see if he changes.  ;)