Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69905 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2017, 11:58:04 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Unfortunately I think the days of this thread being a daily destination have ended in the last week. The Kings just want their 4th straight and continue to be right in the playoff chase 1.5 games back of a banged up Denver team. Even if they lost the next couple of games there would be no reason to trade him at this point at the trading deadline. That being said I hope they do make it. It would be more entertaining first round matchup against Warriors than other matchups most likely.

Honestly, the way things sound with Vivek running the Kings, I don't think it was ever really a possibility. I don't know if he would've traded him at any cost. It would've required a trade request and an increasingly hostile and toxic environment to force him to trade Cousins, which I just don't see happening. I think Boogie cares more about being the big fish in the small pond in Sacramento, even if it means dealing with some crappy owners and management.

Maybe Ainge never offered Sacramento a competitive offer, or tried to lowball Sacramento as well

« Reply #451 on: February 17, 2017, 07:57:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Kings don't have a huge reason to trade Boogie until he forces his way out. Either he's bluffing to get his Designated Player extension, or he truly loves Sactown. Inexplicably, the latter seems likely.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #452 on: February 20, 2017, 12:12:01 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
"And now his 'watch' has ended"

Lol we locking this thread now?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #453 on: February 20, 2017, 12:13:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"And now his 'watch' has ended"

Lol we locking this thread now?

Nope. It's staying up as an I told you so to Danny. Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #454 on: February 20, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Brian Windhorst has a nice explainer for why the Kings suddenly felt forced to trade Cousins. The big one:

The new CBA changed things and created a new and accelerated timeline for the Kings. There's now a rule that allows players to extend their contracts up to five years one year before they become free agents. Cousins is one of those players. So while he is not a free agent until 2018, the Kings suddenly had a massive free agent decision coming this July.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18723235/nba-explaining-demarcus-cousins-deal
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #455 on: February 20, 2017, 09:53:07 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Going to miss you, hopeful thread of so many years

« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
@Mods: I guess it is time to unpin.

« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Boogey paired with a top 10 player and after 2 games can't get any closer than losing by 16(they lost the first game by 30). Having a hard time seeing Boogey making the playoffs this year, ecen with a change of scenery.

« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Boogey paired with a top 10 player and after 2 games can't get any closer than losing by 16(they lost the first game by 30). Having a hard time seeing Boogey making the playoffs this year, ecen with a change of scenery.

Not entirely making excuses for him, but besides AD, they need some more help.

They did lose Evans in the deal too (and he was one of their better scorers).

I do think the Pelicans still miss the playoffs THIS year though.

« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Well, even the Sixers were winning games and staying close in loses to good teams like the Cavs with just Embiid. Cousins may not be what some of us thought he was. He may just put up stats but negatively impact winning.

NO has Anthony Davis, Cousins, Jrue Holliday as 3 legit scoring threats. Motiejunas, Frazier, and Hill are also decent options on offense. At least as good or better than what the Sixers have.

« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Well, even the Sixers were winning games and staying close in loses to good teams like the Cavs with just Embiid. Cousins may not be what some of us thought he was. He may just put up stats but negatively impact winning.

NO has Anthony Davis, Cousins, Jrue Holliday as 3 legit scoring threats. Motiejunas, Frazier, and Hill are also decent options on offense. At least as good or better than what the Sixers have.

Well another part of it, at least for now, could be that they are getting used to the rotations and everything.

You don't just add someone, lose another few, then immediately get going.

Warriors are obviously a great team, but even with KD added, they weren't as dominating the first 10-15 games as they were still getting used to him. Now it's working for them.

I'll wait until the Pelicans play like 5 more games before passing judgement. For now though, yes you are right.

« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
0 - 3 since The Great Boogie joined the Pelicans.

SMH...why do bad things continue to happen to good people?

« Reply #462 on: February 27, 2017, 08:28:23 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He is a 2018 FA. If C's fail or punt this off season FA he is a good target for 2018 signing. Don't un-pin

« Reply #463 on: February 27, 2017, 08:45:04 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
This thread is still alive?

Boogie ain't comin here no matter if he is being given for free so we just all got to move on and deal with it. Wyc and ownership doea not want him otherwise DA would have been allover his talent.

« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:48 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Wasn't this trade going to guaranty that Pelicans would make the playoffs this season and be a tough first round opponent for the Warriors? And that Sacramento was going to tank?

Addition by subtraction.