Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69808 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 10:39:25 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd offer them Amir + 2019 Memphis pick + their pick of TWO of 2017 nets pick (swap), 2018 nets pick, jaylen brown, marcus smart.

I don't think any team will willingly offer more than that (if they did, they'd be Sacramento all over again) and if Sac declines, then we say OK, we'll just pick him up for free in free agency in 2018 then.

Danny would be run out of town to give that up for him, total crazy talk! You Cousins lovers have to understand you're in the minority of people that think this guy is a franchise player. Talent wise yes but his head isn't in it and non bias people see that.

Minority of people? The guy was All-NBA last year, an All-Star, and an Olympian.

None of the players or picks mentioned is guaranteed to be a good starter, let alone an All-NBA player.

Honestly 75% of the "experts" I watch, listen or read say what I'm saying. He's a total gamble period, he's not a sure thing you give up every asset you have to get. Getting him as a free agent would be different. If the Kings ever trade him it will be interesting to see to whom and what they get back in return. I agree the draft picks and the players mentioned are what you said but I'd put money on the long term King's win that deal. Cousins is an idiot, maybe you don't know hot heads that do dumb stuff, but I do and you can't rely on them they never change. You can fantasize it's the team, his teammates, the city or any other thing you want but the fact is it's him. The child you see out there is the same one you will get, to believe otherwise is lying to yourself.

I'd let Cousins be Cousins. He doesn't need to change.

30 points on 16 shots tonight, despite some terrible calls made against him by the refs.

35 wins every year. No idea how someone makes All NBA and can't get his team close to .500? I watched the Queen carry a bunch of bums to the NBA finals, Mr. All NBA can't carry his team to .500 Bahahahaha.

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 10:42:39 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Who is the queen? do you mean lebron james? cousins is very good but he's not lebron.

The Kings stink besides Cousins.

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 10:44:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd offer them Amir + 2019 Memphis pick + their pick of TWO of 2017 nets pick (swap), 2018 nets pick, jaylen brown, marcus smart.

I don't think any team will willingly offer more than that (if they did, they'd be Sacramento all over again) and if Sac declines, then we say OK, we'll just pick him up for free in free agency in 2018 then.

Danny would be run out of town to give that up for him, total crazy talk! You Cousins lovers have to understand you're in the minority of people that think this guy is a franchise player. Talent wise yes but his head isn't in it and non bias people see that.

Minority of people? The guy was All-NBA last year, an All-Star, and an Olympian.

None of the players or picks mentioned is guaranteed to be a good starter, let alone an All-NBA player.

Honestly 75% of the "experts" I watch, listen or read say what I'm saying. He's a total gamble period, he's not a sure thing you give up every asset you have to get. Getting him as a free agent would be different. If the Kings ever trade him it will be interesting to see to whom and what they get back in return. I agree the draft picks and the players mentioned are what you said but I'd put money on the long term King's win that deal. Cousins is an idiot, maybe you don't know hot heads that do dumb stuff, but I do and you can't rely on them they never change. You can fantasize it's the team, his teammates, the city or any other thing you want but the fact is it's him. The child you see out there is the same one you will get, to believe otherwise is lying to yourself.

30 points on 16 shots tonight, despite some terrible calls made against him by the refs.

35 wins every year. No idea how someone makes All NBA and can't get his team close to .500? I watched the Queen carry a bunch of bums to the NBA finals, Mr. All NBA can't carry his team to .500 Bahahahaha.

So Cousins isn't as good as Lebron, a top-10 player of all-time?  By all means, let's not trade for him then.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2016, 10:48:27 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

So Cousins isn't as good as Lebron, a top-10 player of all-time?  By all means, let's not trade for him then.

Boogie's real flaw is that he can't play 48 minutes every night.  When he's on the floor, the Kings out score their opponents.

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:03 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Boogie's real flaw is that he can't play 48 minutes every night.  When he's on the floor, the Kings out score their opponents.

can anyone play 48 minutes every night??
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2016, 11:04:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No, but if Boogie could, the Kings would win.

For multiple seasons, the Kings have outscored opponents with DMC on the floor, and have been crushed when he sits. In other words, the losses aren't his fault.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2016, 12:03:42 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Wilt averaged over 48 minutes one season and nearly 46 minutes for his career.  Lebron averaged over 42 minutes a couple seasons and 39 minutes for his career so far.  Last season, Harden was most with just over 38 minutes. 

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 12:10:50 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Wilt averaged over 48 minutes one season and nearly 46 minutes for his career.  Lebron averaged over 42 minutes a couple seasons and 39 minutes for his career so far.  Last season, Harden was most with just over 38 minutes.

To be honest, in today's NBA, where its such a fast paced game, and there's always a possibility of injury. I would rather not lol.

The Kings would probably still lose games with Cousins playing 48 MPG.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2016, 12:28:47 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

No, but if Boogie could, the Kings would win.

For multiple seasons, the Kings have outscored opponents with DMC on the floor, and have been crushed when he sits. In other words, the losses aren't his fault.

Precisely.

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2016, 01:04:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It's a chicken or the egg thing with Boogie and the refs. Does he complain because he gets screwed, or does he get screwed because he complains?

The above was Boogie's 6th foul tonight, called in the final seconds of regulation. That's not a foul. At worst, it's mutual contact, as Whiteside had his forearm into Boogie.

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2016, 01:06:55 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'm starting to have my doubts that Cousins will be traded, even if this year is the best time to trade him.

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2016, 01:36:36 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

It's a chicken or the egg thing with Boogie and the refs. Does he complain because he gets screwed, or does he get screwed because he complains?

The above was Boogie's 6th foul tonight, called in the final seconds of regulation. That's not a foul. At worst, it's mutual contact, as Whiteside had his forearm into Boogie.

on twitter i saw Nate Duncan say that, while he was initially shocked about the ball, he then saw a view from the baseline camera, where it was evident that Boogie grabbed Whiteside's arm, and i guess, tried to push it away or something.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2016, 01:46:37 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Eh, I thought that one was a good call. He was clearly grabbing him and essentially "hooking" him to stay ahead of him.

It was the moving screen and other calls beforehand that I thought were cheap, crap calls on him.

But Cousins complains about every call, even more than the average NBA player already does. I'm a big fan of his, but that it is one of his weaknesses that ultimately hurts him with the refs.

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:03 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'm starting to have my doubts that Cousins will be traded, even if this year is the best time to trade him.

Yeah. I keep really hoping for it, but I really don't think the management is rational enough to take a serious look at their future and see that a clean start is their best option right now. They could really reload and start anew with a whole new core by trading him now, but knowing them they'll only entertain it after not even coming close to the playoffs this year and being on track to miss it next year at the deadline, at which point they'll receive much less than they can currently get for him now.

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 02:16:20 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Yeah, and I've found this is pretty obvious from the recent times I've actually watched him play.

People were so quick to bring up all the complaining Cousins did in that first BOS/SAC game last year.  I watched that game, and even as a Celtics fan I actually felt bad for Cousins. 

He was getting absolutely punked by the Celtics (especially Smart) almost every time he touched the ball, and every single time I was waiting for him to respond aggressively, and he just didn't  He kept taking it, taking it, taking it - no calls. 

You could see he was frustrated, but somehow he managed to keep quiet and he just kept playing.   I remember watching the game thinking "he's a better man then me - I'd have lost it by now". 

Later in the game he gets absolutely hacked by Smart, and finally he snaps - grabs Smart's jersey and throws him to the ground.  I was honestly amazed he didn't react that way sooner the way things were going. 

From what I recall DMC got the worst end of it when the official blew their whistle - I didn't think that was fair.  The Celtics were basically hacking at him all day long, it was obvious that they were intentionally trying to frustrate him to put him off his game, yet the officials did nothing. 

If the officials were calling all those little fouls we committed against Cousins like they are supposed to, then he'd be converting at the line, Boston's guys would be getting in foul trouble, and the Celtics would have been forced to try something else.  Then Cousins would have no reason to be frustrated, and there likely would have been no altercation.  But by allowing it to go on the officials make it obvious that they don't like Cousins and they are intentionally trying to push him so that he'll react - like they WANT him to look bad.

If we tried playing one of the NBA's Golden children (e.g. Lebron, Curry or Durant) that way the officials would be blowing their whistles as soon as we touch the guy.

This is why I think the criticism Cousins gets is sometimes unfair. 

Don't get me wrong, I completely acknowledge that he has temper issues and that he is a tricky guy to work with emotionally - but that's been true of so many stars in the past.   Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Dennis Rodman, Iverson, Rasheed Wallace, Kobe Bryant - so many of the all time greats have been known for their arrogance, for having a temper, and for having overpowering egos.  But for the most part we overlook that as we admire their talent and their greatness.

Barkley for example was a massive troublemaker and never won a title in his career, but he never gets ignored when people are writing lists of the top 10 PF's ever to play the game. He's always put in that list with Garnett, Duncan, Malone, etc.

Yet when the conversation comes Cousins people do the opposite - they overlook his greatness and focus entirely on his attitude issues and his lack of team success.

When people talk about Paul Pierce, they always talk positive about his loyalty to his team - his willingness to stick with Boston through the good times and the bad, even during the rebuild years.   But when somebody mentions Cousin's loyalty to the Kings people criticise him for it as if it's a character flaw - saying that him sticking around on a bad team only means he doesn't care about winning.

There are always double standards with the Cousins haters.  I wish people would just acknowledge the fact that he's been the best center (and arguably the best big man, period) in the NBA for the past 2-3 years.  I wish people would acknowledge that he's still only 25-26 years old, meaning he still has at least another 2-3 years of development before he reaches his prime.  I wish people would acknowledge that it takes an incredible sense of pride and love for your city / fans to stick around a team through all the things this Sacramento team has been through.

I wish people would acknowledge all of those positive things about Cousins just as freely as they criticise him for his weaknesses. 

I don't think any of the Cousins fans out there deny his flaws - they simply accept his flaws and his talents hand in hand.  But the haters out there often completely refuse to acknowledge his greatness, they just focus entirely on the flaws.