Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69791 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/1/19/14331150/most-kings-fans-are-ready-to-deal

A contributor from Sactown Royalty (@Babygiraffe) has made a post about a trade idea.

I LOVE it. Idk if Kings or Celtics would do it though lol.

If The Kings had ANY Brains--they would deal him, instead of giving him a $40+ Million PER YEAR Contract for 5 years....INSANE.

Cousins has said he will accept the offer. Can't blame him, but it seems like a done deal... unless things go haywire and Cousins decides ultimately he wants out and demands a trade (seems unlikely at this point).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

A contributor from Sactown Royalty (@Babygiraffe) has made a post about a trade idea.

If Danny could get a deal for Boogie, Collison, and  for the 2017 Brooklyn pick, the Memphis pick, Rozier, Amir, and Zeller (instead of JJ), then he'd do it in a heartbeat, I think, and he'd win GM of the year easily. lol That'd leave you with a championship roster of:

PG: IT, Collison (who is an excellent pairing with Smart off the bench)
SG: AB, Smart, Green
SF: Crowder, Brown, Casspi
PF: Horford, JJ, Mickey
C: Boogie, KO

That's a really great bench to go along with a really dominant starting lineup that would pound teams down low, while also having elite three point shooters all around.

That's a major win if you can trade for Cousins and keep Smart, Brown, AND the 2018 Brooklyn pick.

I don't think Ainge or Stevens want him at all though (risk of being a big locker room cancer):

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/11/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_es.html

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/22/danny-ainge-from-a-distance-looks-like-there-are-issues-with-demarcus-cousins/

It's been a pretty long rebuild, I doubt Ainge wants to potentially ruin it by trading for Cousins and having it blow in his face.

I would obviously love him though, as you probably know from my previous posts/replies lol.

As has been said many times, though, Lowe was speculating. It's not like he had any inside information or anything.

And as crafty as Danny is, him talking about Cousins like that is more than likely a ploy to lower his trade value more than anything else.

Danny isn't an idiot. He knows that we need an upgrade in the big position BADLY, and Cousins legitimately fills all of the holes that we need. I just think Cousins was never *truly* on the market beforehand, and I still think Danny is waiting on him to become available, which is why he hasn't pulled a deal off for someone else yet, like Noel.

And I think it's clear that he wants to trade the pick rather than make it. The way he's talked about it lately seems to suggest this, along with having a team a piece away from competing as it is.

« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2017, 09:43:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

If Danny could get a deal for Boogie, Collison, and  for the 2017 Brooklyn pick, the Memphis pick, Rozier, Amir, and Zeller (instead of JJ), then he'd do it in a heartbeat, I think, and he'd win GM of the year easily. lol That'd leave you with a championship roster of:

That's a really great bench to go along with a really dominant starting lineup that would pound teams down low, while also having elite three point shooters all around.

That's a major win if you can trade for Cousins and keep Smart, Brown, AND the 2018 Brooklyn pick.

I don't think Ainge or Stevens want him at all though (risk of being a big locker room cancer):

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/11/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_es.html

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/22/danny-ainge-from-a-distance-looks-like-there-are-issues-with-demarcus-cousins/

It's been a pretty long rebuild, I doubt Ainge wants to potentially ruin it by trading for Cousins and having it blow in his face.

I would obviously love him though, as you probably know from my previous posts/replies lol.

As has been said many times, though, Lowe was speculating. It's not like he had any inside information or anything.

And as crafty as Danny is, him talking about Cousins like that is more than likely a ploy to lower his trade value more than anything else.

Danny isn't an idiot. He knows that we need an upgrade in the big position BADLY, and Cousins legitimately fills all of the holes that we need. I just think Cousins was never *truly* on the market beforehand, and I still think Danny is waiting on him to become available, which is why he hasn't pulled a deal off for someone else yet, like Noel.

And I think it's clear that he wants to trade the pick rather than make it. The way he's talked about it lately seems to suggest this, along with having a team a piece away from competing as it is.

Is there a way to trade for both Cousins and Butler, AND extend IT using Bird Rights?

Something like Jerebko, Bradley and Zeller, 2018 Nets Pick, 2019 Memphis/Clippers pick to CHI for Butler, and Amir + Rozier + Yabusele + 2017 Nets Pick + 2019 Clippers/Memphis pick to SAC.

Worked in the ESPN Trade Machine lol. 

« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2017, 11:41:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Cousins with 42 points and 14 rebounds (35 minutes of action)

Cousins outplayed Meyers Leonard in the Blazers game with the "mouthpiece controversy". Meanwhile, that same Meyers Leonard outplayed our bigs easily today.

Kings lost 102-99 despite that though LOL.

You sure you want to stay long term with Sacramento, Cousins? You should demand a "sign and trade" this summer to Boston lol.

« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Kings are now 16-27 on the year with a current 5 game losing streak. They have 6 more games left on this long road trip - Detroit, Cleveland, Indiana, Charlotte, Philly, and Houston. Best case scenario is probably 2-4; worst case scenario is 0-6; and they're probably realistically going to go 1-5.

They're now 11th in the West - 2.5 games back from Denver (18-24), 1.5 games back from Portland (19-27), and .5 games back from New Orleans (17-27), all teams that are playing much better ball at the moment.

Compounding issues is the fact that Philly is only .5 games from them in the standings, meaning the pick swap is a real possibility.

Come on, Vivek and Vlade. that Brooklyn pick swap we have is looking really appetizing at the moment, isn't it?

« Reply #410 on: January 22, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Kings are now 16-27 on the year with a current 5 game losing streak. They have 6 more games left on this long road trip - Detroit, Cleveland, Indiana, Charlotte, Philly, and Houston. Best case scenario is probably 2-4; worst case scenario is 0-6; and they're probably realistically going to go 1-5.

They're now 11th in the West - 2.5 games back from Denver (18-24), 1.5 games back from Portland (19-27), and .5 games back from New Orleans (17-27), all teams that are playing much better ball at the moment.

Compounding issues is the fact that Philly is only .5 games from them in the standings, meaning the pick swap is a real possibility.

Come on, Vivek and Vlade. that Brooklyn pick swap we have is looking really appetizing at the moment, isn't it?

I'm not sure the Sixers swap is compounding the issue to trade him :) Gives Kings less incentive to tank this year

« Reply #411 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I'm not sure the Sixers swap is compounding the issue to trade him :) Gives Kings less incentive to tank this year

It gives more incentive to trade him to Boston, because the Brooklyn pick is virtually assured the highest lottery odds at this point, along with not being tied to the Kings' own record.

« Reply #412 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:02 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
 There has to be an offer on the table. I wonder if Danny offered everything (both bkn picks, avery, jaylen, 2 more 1st rounders) and they still won't take it.

They've tried for years to put a team around Cousins and every year it's the same old story.  It's just not worth it when you can start over with such a great haul of picks and talent.

That offer is better than what we gave up to get KG, who was an equal talent to Cousins but with added leadership qualities. In hindsight, the KG offer didn't quite work out for them but at the time it was pretty good. 

And the funny thing is, I think the deal is good for the c's. If we got Cousins we'd forget about all those picks in a heartbeat. We'd be legitimate championship contenders for the next 4 years.

« Reply #413 on: January 22, 2017, 02:51:11 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
A big reason why the Kings lost today was because of a phantom foul call on Cousins because Wade missed his dunk. If we somehow get Cousins, I hope you guys are ready to hate on the refs even more 
- LilRip

« Reply #414 on: January 22, 2017, 03:40:24 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
A big reason why the Kings lost today was because of a phantom foul call on Cousins because Wade missed his dunk. If we somehow get Cousins, I hope you guys are ready to hate on the refs even more 

That's good. Let that fuel Demarcus Cousins even more.

He's an excellent player, and he has severe personality flaws. But he could really flourish on our team. I hope to god that somehow we get him.

Missing out on Cousins would really put a hurt on this one, hopefully we get Ball or Futlz.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #415 on: January 22, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/21/demarcus-cousins-tosses-garbage-cans-foul-call-dwyane-wade

How much more losing before he completely snaps and asks out? Maybe money wont buy his loyalty to Sacramento. Soon we will find out if he is more like Carmelo or KG.......

« Reply #416 on: January 22, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Is there a way to trade for both Cousins and Butler, AND extend IT using Bird Rights?

Something like Jerebko, Bradley and Zeller, 2018 Nets Pick, 2019 Memphis/Clippers pick to CHI for Butler, and Amir + Rozier + Yabusele + 2017 Nets Pick + 2019 Clippers/Memphis pick to SAC.

Worked in the ESPN Trade Machine lol.

Nice.

IT / Smart
Butler / Green
Crowder / Brown
Horford / Olynyk
Cousins / Mickey / Zizic (next year, and keep KO too with bird rights)
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Cousins was all over the place yesterday.

22 points, 14 rebounds (!!!), 6 assists, but 6 turnovers   :o

Also had an overall poor shooting night. Kings won.

However, worth noting that now the Kings are falling out of the 8 seed.

Currently 11th in the West and 1.5 games back of 8 seed, and currently on a long road trip with games left against Charlotte, Philly, Cleveland, and Houston.

« Reply #418 on: January 25, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Cousins just tied the game for the Kings.

Kings-Cavaliers going to overtime.

Update: Kings about to Win  :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:56:51 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #419 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Cousins just tied the game for the Kings.

Kings-Cavaliers going to overtime.

Update: Kings about to Win  :o

Yeah, it's these stupid outlying games that will allow Vivek to keep him. They still have no chance at the playoffs, but he's going for the playoffs at all cost for some ungodly reason.