Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69553 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I am all in on getting Boogie too, but what players do you think we need to give up?

Could Amir, Brown, Rozier and both Brooklyn picks get it done?

I honestly think they would jump at the 2017 nets pick and Bradley or crowder + smart and Amir. Throw in the grizzlies and on of our flier SGs and I think they are all over us.

Like the idea, but giving Bradley and Smart leaves them really thin at guard. How about both Nets picks, Amir, and Bradley or Smart?  Throw in JJ, and/or Young. That enough?
I think they will want Brown and Roz to start any deal. Then throw in the nets picks. I hate this deal but I think this is what we are looking at.

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
For those of you claiming how tough it would be to lose Rozier, Smart, Crowder or Bradley, please stop. They are all nice pieces but not franchise altering. Cousins is franchise altering.

Cousins/Horford would be the lever to get an additional max free agent to come here. I'm not suggesting all should be included but I am suggesting that any of them can be included in the package which would return to us Cousins. 

I think this package would be a good trade for both sides:

Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Marcus Smart
2017 or 18 Brooklyn Pick (obvious preference would be '18)

for

DeMarcus Cousins
Ben McLemore

Sacramento gets an expiring contract in AJ and 3 players to build around who are cost-controlled for 3-4 years.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
For those of you claiming how tough it would be to lose Rozier, Smart, Crowder or Bradley, please stop. They are all nice pieces but not franchise altering. Cousins is franchise altering.

Cousins/Horford would be the lever to get an additional max free agent to come here. I'm not suggesting all should be included but I am suggesting that any of them can be included in the package which would return to us Cousins. 

Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Marcus Smart

for

DeMarcus Cousins
Ben McLemore

Sacramento gets an expiring contract in AJ and 3 players to build around who are cost-controlled for 3-4 years.
I don't think your trade offer gets it done unless you wait til after the draft lottery and we luck out with a top two pick.

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Marcus Smart

for

DeMarcus Cousins
Ben McLemore

I'm good with this deal and would happily throw in Grizzle's pick if they would go for it.

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
- Marcus Smart
- Amir Johnson
- Kelly Olynyk
- 2017 Nets Pick
- 2018 Boston First Rounder
- Grizzlies Pick
- Random future second rounder

FOR

- DeMarcus Cousins
- Ben McLemore

It would further help our case if Kings start poorly and Cousins demands to get out, then Boston has some leverage in trade situations. That being said, I think that's a fair value trade for both sides, and the Celtics won't be keeping all of KO/IT/Smart/Bradley after 2018. Could use KO and Smart in this trade.

Rozier could take Smart's minutes and C's I think make Jaylen Brown untouchable, unless it's for an Anthony Davis (which we all know isn't happening).

Kings know Rudy Gay is leaving so they will deal him, but obviously he isn't going to fetch back much. So do the Kings have a plan to build around Cousins without Rondo, Gay, etc.? If not, their smart move is to ship Cousins for good value and rebuild, especially if they start off poorly again and are outside the playoff picture.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 12:15:05 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I am down for emptying the warchest for boogie. They need to move him, and we need a great center. Our rebounding wouldn't be a problem. Imagine replacing Amir in the starting lineup with an enormous rebounder who is a much better scorer and 3pt shooter? Im excited just thinking about it.

I think that's the counter to GSW, and maybe to Cleveland as well. Cousins/Horford gives us a legit shot at a title.

Would you rather have Boogie Cousins or Anthony Davis?  Cousins may seem like he is more readily available.  However, some people suspected that Davis was on Ainge's wish list last year
along with Durant, Butler and Okafor.

I think there are pro's and con's to each player. 

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I am down for emptying the warchest for boogie. They need to move him, and we need a great center. Our rebounding wouldn't be a problem. Imagine replacing Amir in the starting lineup with an enormous rebounder who is a much better scorer and 3pt shooter? Im excited just thinking about it.

I think that's the counter to GSW, and maybe to Cleveland as well. Cousins/Horford gives us a legit shot at a title.

Would you rather have Boogie Cousins or Anthony Davis?  Cousins may seem like he is more readily available.  However, some people suspected that Davis was on Ainge's wish list last year

There is no way Anthony Davis is remotely available for a price that would not turn our roster into the one the Pelicans have.

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 12:24:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Maybe if this was Davis's final year of his contract. But WHY would the Pelicans deal him now?

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 01:29:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I just wrote this in another thread but I guess it's appropriate here:

Cousins is incredibly frustrating.

He's so [dang] good at basketball but he's still immature. In the game against Phoenix, the Kings were up and Cousins took a foul from Devin Booker. It was really minor but for some reason Cousins felt the need to try and intimidate and shove Booker after the whistle. Why? I was struck by how much I still don't want that guy in the locker room of my team.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I just wrote this in another thread but I guess it's appropriate here:

Cousins is incredibly frustrating.

He's so [dang] good at basketball but he's still immature. In the game against Phoenix, the Kings were up and Cousins took a foul from Devin Booker. It was really minor but for some reason Cousins felt the need to try and intimidate and shove Booker after the whistle. Why? I was struck by how much I still don't want that guy in the locker room of my team.

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Watch-Devin-Booker-DeMarcus-Cousins-have-minor-scuffle-48539412

Stuff like that happens regularly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:25 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think we could get it done with Brown, Smart, IT, AB, Amir, 2017 Brooklyn pick and Horford.

The King are building a 100 million dollar arena, if you think they're trading the only all-star they have, your crazy.

The only way he's being traded is if he demands it. And he's shown no sign of wanting to be traded in his career. He has taken in stride all of the Kings insane decisions.   

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 09:05:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2673167-demarcus-cousins-fined-for-throwing-mouthpiece-entering-stands-vs-timberwolves

This won't help much. Cousins fined 25K for throwing his mouth guard and also received a technical foul.

Also they (Sacramento) are 2-1 and currently 6th in the West. Hopefully they lose some more games.

Losing 53-44 to the Hawks right now. Cousins only has 6 points so far but McLemore currently has 10 points in 14 minutes.

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 09:09:13 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Great idea for a thread.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 09:12:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Unfortunately, they look like they might compete for the playoffs for awhile. I don't think they ultimately have a chance at making the playoffs, but they might just stay relevant enough for them to not trade Boogie.

Of course, it is still early, and their two wins were against the fourth and fifth worst teams from last year. So perhaps it's just a favorable schedule working in their favor so far.

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Unfortunately, they look like they might compete for the playoffs for awhile. I don't think they ultimately have a chance at making the playoffs, but they might just stay relevant enough for them to not trade Boogie.

Of course, it is still early, and their two wins were against the fourth and fifth worst teams from last year. So perhaps it's just a favorable schedule working in their favor so far.

Problem is, teams like the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder and Clippers exist in the West, and the Warriors are a super team with Spurs not too far behind.

If the Kings can barely make a playoff spot they better start thinking about rebuilding.

Rudy Gay straight up said he won't stay in SAC after this season.. so they could deal him but not get back much (or just lose him for nothing at the end of the season). Gay is their #2 best player after Cousins.

Unless they can get a stud FA.. then it's more frustration for Cousins and the Kings. They need to trade Cousins by the deadline IF they want to maximize his value because trust me, no one will give up a ton for a guy who is a rental in Cousins if the Kings wait to shop him in the off season.

Look at Westbrook's case. Yes I know it worked out for them, but when OKC shopped him, many teams said "no" because they didn't want to empty their assets for a guy who would only stay for one guaranteed year. Same will happen with Cousins and the Kings. And if Cousins leaves in 2018 and Kings get nothing out of it.. well good luck to the Sacramento Kings 2018 and beyond.