Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 3384 times)

Re: Help Needed
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 07:09:57 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Wait until KO is back. Pairing him with Amir or Horford forces other teams to adapt to our style of play and takes away from their opportunities to dominate on the boards

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 07:33:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It could be worse, we could have broken Sully who again got injured.  I think Horford is a huge upgrade.  Zeller had solid rebounding numbers.

He battles players who are heavier and more athletic. No matter what he does isn't going to change that.
I do wish he would hit the weights so he was not pushed around as much.  That could change that for sure.

Johnson was horrible he needs to be traded with picks for a true center.

Amir plays solid D, most of the time, he does look long in the tooth.  If he was as bad as you say who would take him, isn't that fantasy.  I think he looks better when KO returns and he has to play less minutes.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wait until KO is back. Pairing him with Amir or Horford forces other teams to adapt to our style of play and takes away from their opportunities to dominate on the boards

KO won't make up for the rebounding deficit.

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Note: I didn't watch the game tonight and only looked at the box score so far, but I have to wonder this: does Brad actually know how to use a good big man? We've seen him get the most out of average guys like Olynyk Sully and Zeller. But when a guy like Horford comes along, you have to figure that Brad should get him more involved in the offense. Does Brad know how to use a good big like Horford? He's never had a big  as good as Horford, both in college and in the NBA.
I don't think Horford can be fully appreciated in boxscores.

He had a bad game last night. Got beat a lot on defense, didn't box out well. Wasn't just the box score. I still love him but let's be honest.

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:22 AM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Note: I didn't watch the game tonight and only looked at the box score so far, but I have to wonder this: does Brad actually know how to use a good big man? We've seen him get the most out of average guys like Olynyk Sully and Zeller. But when a guy like Horford comes along, you have to figure that Brad should get him more involved in the offense. Does Brad know how to use a good big like Horford? He's never had a big  as good as Horford, both in college and in the NBA.
I don't think Horford can be fully appreciated in boxscores.

He had a bad game last night. Got beat a lot on defense, didn't box out well. Wasn't just the box score. I still love him but let's be honest.

Not to mention his early foul trouble. Getting into foul trouble early can change the whole game for a player. It's game 2, the team struggled a bit last year. Let everything settle down, getting a big like Kelly out there to spread the floor might be a better fit with Horford.

With the current state of the team I'm thinking they go 6-4 over their first 10 games.

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 09:04:47 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
What about Kenneth Faried?

He has his warts, but he can really board.