Author Topic: League Pass (Celtics) issues  (Read 4648 times)

League Pass (Celtics) issues
« on: October 27, 2016, 10:35:26 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Has anyone else had any issues with watching the Celtics on NBA League Pass?  For the Bulls game I was given the normal Home/Away feed options, along with 3 other new options:  Mosaic, Action, and Backboard.   NONE of the 5 options were a normal broadcast or camera.  Without going into too much detail, the best option was "Action", which was a random & sporadic camera angle from the floor.  During timeouts the camera would randomly zoom in on lights, cheerleaders, or bench players.  Overall it was a bizarre and highly disjointed way to watch the game.

The most disappointing change so far has been that I can't find the NBA classic games on league pass anymore.  I used to love watching old Celtics & All Star games during half time.   :'(

Curious to hear if anyone else had had any issues with watching the current or past Celtics on League Pass.

Re: League Pass (Celtics) issues
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:49:18 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
It was a TNT game, and there by a TNT Overtime broadcast on NBA.com

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
As has been said, that wasn't league pass. That was TNT overtime. TNT has been doing that for quite a few years, but they only added TNT Overtime to the NBA.com website and app last season. It says right on the webpage and app that it is TNT Overtime.

To watch the TNT stream, you need to have TNT. TNT overtime sticks with 4 camera views and doesn't have all the extra production you get in a broadcast. On the other hand, TNT Overtime is free.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 01:04:03 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
yep. TNT overtime. i like the backboard camera the best. it's the most stable and consistent one.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 02:28:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bunch of things p---ing me off about League Pass this year.

- new web interface is garbage
- it auto-plays unskippable ads despite the fact it's a paid service
- there's no way to hide scores on the web interface.  This is essential if you want to watch games on time delay
- the Roku app has regressed.  Previously you could pause/rewind live feeds.  That's no longer possible.  That means you can't start an in-progress game and rewind to the beginning... previously that had been my workaround for being able to just start a game at the beginning regardless of whether it's in progress.  That's an obviously lacking feature.

I've reached out the League pass support and also complained to them on twitter.  Their product is significantly worse this year.  I can't verify this, but it also seemed like the web feed was lower resolution than previous years.   Not cool

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 09:14:25 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

- there's no way to hide scores on the web interface.  This is essential if you want to watch games on time delay
- the Roku app has regressed.  Previously you could pause/rewind live feeds.  That's no longer possible.  That means you can't start an in-progress game and rewind to the beginning... previously that had been my workaround for being able to just start a game at the beginning regardless of whether it's in progress.  That's an obviously lacking feature.

I've reached out the League pass support and also complained to them on twitter.  Their product is significantly worse this year.  I can't verify this, but it also seemed like the web feed was lower resolution than previous years.   Not cool

Yeah, it's significantly worse than it was last year, which just seems strange to me.  Why did they make the changes they did?  I'll reach out to League pass support too, this is BS.

Does anyone with league pass know how to find the Classic Games?  I haven't seen that option yet, and used to love watching them.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 09:24:01 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
man That's the reason that I swallowed the pill and let Comcast become another Monkey on my back.

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 10:22:36 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

What you are saying really does sound horrible, I was planning to watch the majority of games after they are played. Not sure how to work around that.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 10:23:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, I am not enjoying using the new web interface.  It was better when it launched in a separate window.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

What you are saying really does sound horrible, I was planning to watch the majority of games after they are played. Not sure how to work around that.

That has always been a problem (not being able to hide the score). Good to hear I'm not the only one unhappy about this. 

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
I learned of an app called "go90" made by verizon. All in all it is $100 for the whole season for all the teams. It runs through a phone app, and can be streamed to tv through like chromecast. They have a free trial going on right now, so probably worth looking into.
Im not too sure to what extant you can rewatch games, I only see last nights games under their rewatch sections, minus the tnt games.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:47:16 PM by Denis998 »

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 07:13:44 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
If anyone does look into the go90 app, cant you comment on the quality of it?
trying to figure out if there is a difference between that app and straight from NBA.com

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 07:45:16 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
One negative is that if you want to use chromechast to stream to your tv, it starts from the start without giving option to restart.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'm going to be the contrarian and say that the new web interface is pretty good running from my PC.  If you go into full screen mode, you get a Spartan interface with just the video and a few controls (the scores are hidden).  You can replay the last 20 seconds or jump to wherever in time you want.  You can easily switch between broadcasts.  The ads are annoying but I like them better than the recycled scoreboard that showed during the dead time previously.  The performance isn't perfect but its been quite good so far. 

My biggest issue with league pass is that, as in past years, it runs about a minute behind so that makes following the game threads frustrating.  I'm also hoping to get it working on my TV via Amazon Fire stick but haven't been successful so far.