Author Topic: 70 million dollars 3 Pts and 5 boards!  (Read 1594 times)

70 million dollars 3 Pts and 5 boards!
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 What the heck were the Trailblazers thinking. Turner on a two year 7 million dollar contract was a great deal.

70 million for 28 year old Turner? Just plain stupid, the kind of signing that ardswill get you fired.

His debut 26 mins 5 boards, 5 dimes, 3 Points. When he settles in he might avg 9 ppg 4 rpg and 4apg. 70 million for that. Crazy.

Re: 70 million dollars 3 Pts and 5 boards!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's a good player for them, but I agree. The price tag is crazy. The Blazers had a very low payroll last year; they figure to be paying much more in the coming years.

They kinda had a similar scenario to us last year, lots of undervalued and cheap talent, except they've had to pay their guys sooner

Leonard: 4/41
Turner: 4/70
Crabbe: 4/75
McCollum: 4/106
Ezeli: 2/16

They gave out a lot of money for mostly average talent guys, except CJ McCollum.

In some ways, their scenario is like ours this summer and next summer. Do we keep our core guys, and have to overpay to keep them? Or risk losing them, and try to go for bigger and better players? Portland chose to keep its current core. Let's see what we choose to do.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 06:32:39 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
He's a good player for them, but I agree. The price tag is crazy. The Blazers had a very low payroll last year; they figure to be paying much more in the coming years.

They kinda had a similar scenario to us last year, lots of undervalued and cheap talent, except they've had to pay their guys sooner

Leonard: 4/41
Turner: 4/70
Crabbe: 4/75
McCollum: 4/106
Ezeli: 2/16

They gave out a lot of money for mostly average talent guys, except CJ McCollum.

In some ways, their scenario is like ours this summer and next summer. Do we keep our core guys, and have to overpay to keep them? Or risk losing them, and try to go for bigger and better players? Portland chose to keep its current core. Let's see what we choose to do.
Turner, Crabbe and to a lesser extent Leonard are stupid money deals.  They're not just average talent.  They're average talent coming off the bench.  Ainge isn't going to be that stupid or desperate. 

What surprises me about the new CBA discussions is there apparently aren't enough owners interested to put in an amnesty provision.  I guess the smart owners aren't willing to give their stupid counterparts a lifeline. 

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
What the heck were the Trailblazers thinking. Turner on a two year 7 million dollar contract was a great deal.

70 million for 28 year old Turner? Just plain stupid, the kind of signing that ardswill get you fired.

His debut 26 mins 5 boards, 5 dimes, 3 Points. When he settles in he might avg 9 ppg 4 rpg and 4apg. 70 million for that. Crazy.

I agree that the price is high, but they didn't get him to be a scorer – and certainly not to be a rebounder.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:00:22 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
I could get behind the ET deal if they didn't resign Crabbe, but now it looks kinda dumb.
Both guys are good energy guys off the bench, but play the same position and role, and it's not like the Blazers plan to start either of them.