Author Topic: losing a lead-its easy--i hate big leads  (Read 769 times)

losing a lead-its easy--i hate big leads
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
last night had all the ingredients ,big lead not much time,the starters pulled and the nets didn't quit
a new coach and gm that pulled a page from bostons rebuild
but together a gritty young team-
make lopez feel left out and maybe he will start to play
otherwise he is gone
the celts got a dose of last years medicine and it may save them games in future
green had a good game till he pulled up in transition for a long three with full clock
they were supposed to roll over and chuck threes  instead they shot threes
jerebko and crowder should have called time out,simple thing to do
instead of a cross court pass ,almost gave me a heart attack-we missed 6-7 turner bringing the ball up
 after putting some practice in the celts will destroy a trap press
-this was a cheap lesson
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:30:58 PM by rollie mass »

Re: losing a lead-its easy--i hate big leads
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I agree with you, but Turner's first game in Portland suggests he wouldn't have saved us last night.

Unless it's a Globetrotter game or a US Dream Team playing Angola, anything is possible and why a lot of people like college March Madness more than NBA competition. Brooklyn's run last night reminded me of some Boston College teams that unexpectedly advanced to Final Sixteens. That's probably the last time I followed college basketball, in the days of Dana Barros and Michael Adams.

I think comparing Brooklyn to Brad's first year makes sense. They have the opportunity to hold their own against poor teams while lulling good teams into close games that fortunately for us should end as good job, good effort.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
the press wasn't a problem with AB playing the two.

he'd come back to relieve the pressure and collect the inbounds pass, giving our pg a chance to cut up-court and lose his man.

when we had Green & Brown playing on opposite wings, neither one took on that responsibility.  it's like they both thought they were the three... 

I get that happening once or twice for the new guys, but Brad can't let those two hang the pg out to dry possession after possession after possession... 

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I see guys getting too cute with the passing. AB is guilty of this as well. Plus, who had any idea, the Nets had Klay Thompson and Dirk Nowitzki?

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 03:48:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Zeller and Green both had minus 9s off the bench. Easy to see what happened there. Can't play both together if you want to defend leads. They missed Smart as D off the bench.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Zeller had a good game no matter how you look at it...Hope he continues to get minutes...Teach Green to pass the ball at the end of a game instead of taking stupied shots...

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:38:03 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
green scored 9 points ,5 rebounds was 4-7 fg and 1-2 threes,2 assists, one turnover in 15 minutes
thats not bad offensive production-his assists were both nice passes
i have to watch the game a 2nd time it was late in england
till he jacked that three, i thought he was playing well
that team that surrendered lead was not ready for pressure and probably never practiced against a press