Author Topic: Jaylen Brown the right choice at #3  (Read 11535 times)

Jaylen Brown the right choice at #3
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just cant see this kid fail... will keep improving...can picture him as a celtic for a long time

Highlights vs Nets 2016-10-26

http://youtu.be/wE3sOl0rqW4

Re: Jaylen Brown the right choice at #3
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 09:29:57 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
nice vid, I didnt watch the 4th quarter so I needed that

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Aside from maybe Ingram, no other rookie really had a better first night so we know he's not afraid of the spotlight.

It's good he really has the minutes to play and show himself. A small part of me was worried he'd be buried behind Crowder/ Green/ JJ/ Smart and we'd never really see his skills until 17-18.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 09:58:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Aside from maybe Ingram, no other rookie really had a better first night so we know he's not afraid of the spotlight.

It's good he really has the minutes to play and show himself. A small part of me was worried he'd be buried behind Crowder/ Green/ JJ/ Smart and we'd never really see his skills until 17-18.

With KO, Smart out Brown will get min... but at this rate will be consistently getting min off the bench

Refreshing to see an explosive athlete like Brown on our roster (also Gerald Green)

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Forget right choice at 3. He would've been the right choice at #1. He's got it all. The entire package.

And he's 20 !

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I just looked at the box scores for some of the rookies and here are some stats for the lotto picks sorted by draft position

2016 Draft
Ingram (2nd pick)- 24 minutes, 4-6 FG, 9 PTs, 3 R
Brown (3rd pick) - 19 minutes, 3-4 FG, 9 PTs, 2 R, 1 ST, 1 AST, 2 BLK
Bender (4th pick) - 12 minutes, 4-5 FG, 10 PTs, 2 R, 1 STL
Dunn (5th pick) - 15 minutes, 4-6 FG, 8 PTs, 4 R, 1 AST, 1 ST
Hield (6th pick) - 17 minutes, 2-8 FG, 4 PTs, 1 R, 3 AST

2014 Draft
Embiid (2nd pick) - 22 minutes, 6-16 FG, 20 PTs, 7 R, 2 BLK

My position is still -> I loved  Brown at #3 pick and Embiid will win ROY if he stays healthy this year. Embiid definitely looks like he is an elite big man who can rebound and defend. He has it all from post, long distance, defending the paint and all

Brown in my honest opinion was the right pick in terms of need and talent. At #3 he fills a need at the forward position while having pretty good talent at 19 years old (20 years old now), and can defend. I think he passed my eye test and I hope he did for you guys as well and hoped that some of the haters are changing their view on the kid. He defended and played very well his very first game, with limited minutes I am still seeing that his post his an underrated arsenal for now and has great foot work. I believe if he keeps this up he definitely will get gradual minute increase throughout the season. One thing I really loved about the kid is his aggressiveness, love the drive and defense. This kids wants minutes and he is hungry for more. His passing ability was a huge improvement from what I have seen from summer league. That bounce pass to IT was beautiful to watch. His defense definitely stood out among the other rookies. He is cutting, driving, shooting, defending. It was something nice to see

Ingram in my honest opinion is still raw but [dang] is his potential fascinating, it will be interesting to see how he develops under Walton. Cannot CANNOT WAIT for Boston vs LA this year and seeing the #3 pick go head to head with the #2 pick. Ingram has the length while Brown has the size, I believe we will see these two defend and play against each other in both the games.

Dunn in my honest opinion isn't "wowwing" me right now, but that can change. Bender was the mystery pick pre-draft and looks like he is in the Ingram camp of has potential but can use some work. Just the eye test, I think Brown is more "ready" than those two Just my eye test and is just my opinion but would love to hear other's thoughts

I have no opinion of Hield as of yet but it looks like he fills a need that the Pelicans needed and judging he is a senior and he is more ready to contribute now vs any of the other rookies.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 10:21:03 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bender was sand bagging the preseason.  10 points in 12 minutes with 2 boards. 

Wade Baldwin played well: 7 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists.  And how about Pascal Siakam 9 rebounds in 22 minutes, just 4 points but he didn't miss a shot. 

Of course the clear front runner for ROY was drafted 3 drafts ago as Embiid continued his stellar scoring from the preseason.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 10:23:47 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I forgot to look at the 2nd rounders.  Malcolm Brogdon very nice game 8 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in 21 minutes.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Bender was sand bagging the preseason.  10 points in 12 minutes with 2 boards. 

Wade Baldwin played well: 7 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists.  And how about Pascal Siakam 9 rebounds in 22 minutes, just 4 points but he didn't miss a shot. 

Of course the clear front runner for ROY was drafted 3 drafts ago as Embiid continued his stellar scoring from the preseason.

As you know I love Embiid. But at least keep in mind he shot atrocious last night. Okafor was better offensively last year. Embiid has the potential to be better on both ends though.

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 10:25:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I just looked at the box scores for some of the rookies and here are some stats for the lotto picks sorted by draft position

2016 Draft

2014 Draft

My position is still -> I loved  Brown at #3 pick and Embiid will win ROY if he stays healthy this year. Embiid definitely looks like he is an elite big man who can rebound and defend. He has it all from post, long distance, defending the paint and all

Brown in my honest opinion was the right pick in terms of need and talent. At #3 he fills a need at the forward position while having pretty good talent at 19 years old (20 years old now), and can defend. I think he passed my eye test and I hope he did for you guys as well and hoped that some of the haters are changing their view on the kid. He defended and played very well his very first game, with limited minutes I am still seeing that his post his an underrated arsenal for now and has great foot work. I believe if he keeps this up he definitely will get gradual minute increase throughout the season.

Ingram in my honest opinion is still raw but [dang] is his potential fascinating, it will be interesting to see how he develops under Walton. Cannot CANNOT WAIT for Boston vs LA this year and seeing the #3 pick go head to head with the #2 pick. Ingram has the length while Brown has the size, I believe we will see these two defend and play against each other in both the games.

Dunn in my honest opinion isn't "wowwing" me right now, but that can change. Bender was the mystery pick pre-draft and looks like he is in the Ingram camp of has potential but can use some work. Just the eye test, I think Brown is more "ready" than those two Just my eye test and is just my opinion but would love to hear other's thoughts

I have no opinion of Hield as of yet but it looks like he fills a need that the Pelicans needed and judging he is a senior and he is more ready to contribute now vs any of the other rookies.

Ingram is ways away(physically) and may never be as good as finisher around the basket as Brown

Saw him several times running into the defense (beating him to the spot) and he had to resort to passing the ball

Doesnt have the extra jets like Simmons, Brown does

Ingram could end up becoming Prince. Which is still amazing

Brown on the other hand screams Dominique Wilkins imo. There is more to his game than exploding to the basket... but his bread and butter at both ends is certainly able to explode off the ground quicker than anyone else

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

2016 Draft

2014 Draft

Brown in my honest opinion was the right pick in terms of need and talent. At #3 he fills a need at the forward position while having pretty good talent at 19 years old (20 years old now), and can defend. I think he passed my eye test and I hope he did for you guys as well and hoped that some of the haters are changing their view on the kid. He defended and played very well his very first game, with limited minutes I am still seeing that his post his an underrated arsenal for now and has great foot work. I believe if he keeps this up he definitely will get gradual minute increase throughout the season.

Ingram is ways away(physically) and may never be as good as finisher around the basket as Brown

Saw him several times running into the defense (beating him to the spot) and he had to resort to passing the ball

Brown on the other hand screams Dominique Wilkins imo. There is more to his game than exploding to the basket... but his bread and butter at both ends is certainly able to explode off the ground quicker than anyone else

I agree, but Ingram is a lot more raw than Brown, both were considered raw coming into the draft. But you can see Brown's potential screaming in yesterday's game, there are so many areas in his game that translate to the pro level. As I said, his footwork stood out to me which in my opinion is huge, in defending, post moves and such. Super super athletic, his explosiveness like you said is a great tool and weapon for us

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 10:42:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

2016 Draft

2014 Draft

I agree, but Ingram is a lot more raw than Brown, both were considered raw coming into the draft. But you can see Brown's potential screaming in yesterday's game, there are so many areas in his game that translate to the pro level. As I said, his footwork stood out to me which in my opinion is huge, in defending, post moves and such. Super super athletic, his explosiveness like you said is a great tool and weapon for us

His footwork is great. He can operate in tight areas with ease. That ridiculous turn around J also(jordanesque) is no fluke

Our bench is much better with Brown and Green. Zeller played well yesterday also. Hope he can keep it up

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I forgot to look at the 2nd rounders.  Malcolm Brogdon very nice game 8 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in 21 minutes.

Yes , very. . His game kind of reminds me of Battier

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Can we get a nickname for Jaylen? After watching almost posterize Hamilton last night, I say "Throw it down, Jaylen Brown" should be in the running.

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 10:58:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Can we get a nickname for Jaylen? After watching almost posterize Hamilton last night, I say "Throw it down, Jaylen Brown" should be in the running.

JB, like MJ.