Author Topic: The New NBA Big Men  (Read 3384 times)

Re: The New NBA Big Men
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 05:59:34 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Imagine a few years ago Roy Hilbert was considered a top 3 center.

These young bigs are way more skilled

Re: The New NBA Big Men
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 06:47:52 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Myles Turner went for 30 and 16 with 4 blocks, 2 steals and a 3-pointer in his first game of the season last night. I don't want to overreact to one game, but this kid is 20 years old.

Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, Andre Drummond and Joel Embiid are all under 24 years old. Add Turner to that list and there's potential to see a resurgence of the center position in the NBA in the coming seasons.

Turner always had big time potential.  I remember him playing in the Big12 at Texas and the kid was great, but Rick Barnes just really didn't use him like he should have.  I like his game, hopefully he can continue to develop.
Its funny how there were so many people writing off Turner because of the funky way he ran in college.  Turner had a solid rookie season and last nights performance appears to indicate significant improvement.
I was trying to find a link to this but couldn't: Didn't the Pacers have to re-train him how to run correctly?
He had already started addressing the issue before he was drafted by the Pacers.   
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/texas-center-myles-turner-looks-to-erase-questions-about-his-durability/