Author Topic: Anthony Davis' game today...wow  (Read 3063 times)

Anthony Davis' game today...wow
« on: October 26, 2016, 11:00:46 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
First game of the season, Anthony Davis opens up with one of the most amazing stat lines I've ever seen:

50 Points
16 Rebounds
5 Assists
7 Steals
4 Blocks

Scariest part is that despite this monster game, the Pelicans STILL lost to the Nuggets by five.  If ever there was a great player that deserved to be on a better team...

Re: Anthony Davis' game today...wow
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's a travesty that he's stuck on that awful franchise. Good lord. He could be the league MVP if he could play seventy games and his team didn't royally stink.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:01:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lets start an 'Anthony Davis 2016-2017 thread'

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
It's a travesty that he's stuck on that awful franchise. Good lord. He could be the league MVP if he could play seventy games and his team didn't royally stink.

100% agreed.

Just goes to show that all of the people crying "Karl Anthony Towns is going to be better then Anthony Davis" just may have jumped on that train a little prematurely.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

100% agreed.

Just goes to show that all of the people crying "Karl Anthony Towns is going to be better then Anthony Davis" just may have jumped on that train a little prematurely.

I still feel comfortable saying I'd much rather have Towns. That doesn't mean that Davis isn't a remarkable talent, though.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
wow his supporting cast is pretty terrible right now, huh?   Must have been a tough loss for Davis.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:54 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Demps is an awful GM.  I don't know how he has kept his job for so long.

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 11:22:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Makes me feel pretty satisfied about Davis being my choice in the recent, 'which player would you choose if starting a franchise?' poll.

I think it's high time Davis demands a trade to the Cs. The best thing about the Pelicans franchise is their name.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 11:23:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I can't believe players like Davis sign a long term deal with a crap franchise. Can you imagine how much money he would get now if he planned to be a free agent this year or next. Idiotic.

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 11:24:41 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

100% agreed.

I still feel comfortable saying I'd much rather have Towns. That doesn't mean that Davis isn't a remarkable talent, though.

Im still gonna maintain that Davis and Towns is like KG and Duncan- you could argue whos better, but in the end it doesnt matter coz both are awesome players who you'd gladly like to have

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 11:27:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

100% agreed.

Im still gonna maintain that Davis and Towns is like KG and Duncan- you could argue whos better, but in the end it doesnt matter coz both are awesome players who you'd gladly like to have

For real, either of them would be absolute perfect fits in our system.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

100% agreed.

I think that's very fair, provided Davis stops getting hurt so much.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 11:40:39 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
So he has what 5 years left on his deal?  How long do you think he will stick it out with NO before asking for a trade?  2 years?  3 years?  I mean he isn't playing out that complete deal if they don't improve?  I know it isn't completely under his control, but...

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 11:54:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
So he has what 5 years left on his deal?  How long do you think he will stick it out with NO before asking for a trade?  2 years?  3 years?  I mean he isn't playing out that complete deal if they don't improve?  I know it isn't completely under his control, but...
He has 4 years with a 5th year player option.  I'd say NO needs to put together a playoff team within the next two years.  If I were them I'd start by trying to get Noel from the Sixers. 

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 11:55:23 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

100% agreed.

I can understand that perspective.

I feel like Davis is going to be the more dominant defender and rebounder, along with the more efficient scorer (i.e. Duncan). 

I feel like Towns is still going to be an excellent defender/rebounder/scorer, but is going to have a more versatile skill set - ball handling, passing, stretching the floor, etc.

We still have Demarcus Cousins too - people forget that he's still only around 25 years old and still has a ton of room to grow.  If he ever gets his attitude in line, there is no limits to how good he could be.

With Davis, Towns and Cousins we may well have the most talented pool of big men since the we had Ewing/Olajuwon/Robinson back in the 90's.  It's a good time for basketball!