Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Bulls (0-0) Game #2 10/27/16  (Read 52606 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Bulls (0-0) Game #2 10/27/16
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2016, 02:50:27 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Dwight Howard had 19 rebounds tonight.  Maybe we should have signed him along with Horford.

I don't think we were ever really an option for Dwight. I think we were more leverage for someone else than anything.

But, yeah, we severely need a frontcourt addition to help Horford.

« Reply #466 on: October 28, 2016, 03:06:07 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Dwight Howard had 19 rebounds tonight.  Maybe we should have signed him along with Horford.

even if we wanted to, could we have been able to do so? cap-wise?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #467 on: October 28, 2016, 03:19:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

even if we wanted to, could we have been able to do so? cap-wise?
Sure.  Obviously our focus was rightly on trying to sign Durant along with Horford.

« Reply #468 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bulls were hot, our bigs got in foul trouble early affecting their ability to rebound.  Call me crazy but I think both teams are getting used to Steven's sets and defended and contested shots better.  We gave up too many offensive rebounds, but I would take Horford over Sully any day of the week.

Brown is going to be fine, I think.   Just can't expect miracles but he is a great athlete.  Our Bench is usually a strength for us, they shot poorly last night.  I misss Smart's contagious toughness and KO at this point.

I think if we signed Howard, Horford would not have came here folks.

http://nesn.com/2016/07/did-dwight-howard-play-role-in-al-horford-joining-celtics-as-nba-free-agent/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:35:44 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:38 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Jaylen cost us this game, but the very fact that he was closing the 2nd game of his career indicates that he's going to win us many, many games throughout his career. He's worth being excited about. He could be a franchise-altering player.

Yeah that was it right there. ::). Yup that one play cost them the game. Not getting killed on the glass. Not IT missing 3 FT's down the stretch. Not Wade shooting lights out. I could go on.
While I admit, I yelled at the TV when he made that awful turn over, to blame him for losing the game seems like a bit of an over reaction. Bad play at a bad time, but certainly not what cost them the game. 

« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I am more disappointed with our starting 5, 2 games with slow starts and no energy.

« Reply #471 on: October 28, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
These are the reasons by my observation which I think costed us the game

-boards boards boards, we cannot allow all the offensive boards and easy tip ins by Robin Lopez and Taj

-interior defense, we cannot defend the paint, we have Taj causing Al to get into foul trouble, nobody could defend any of the guards from penetrating, I think this is an area where Smart is missed

-silly turnovers by starters and rest of team, IT himself has 5 TO, lots and lots of silly mistakes, not careful passes (an area where I kind of predicted Rondo will strive in Chicago, Taj will benefit a LOT and other bigs from Rondo's unselfish plays)

-DWade's superstar night, I guarantee you, he will not have another 4-6 3 point shooting night, he isn't known for his 3 pointers, and it was a special night for him and delivered...Bradley played very good defense on that last play on him, great defense but even better offense. You cannot stop that

-Loving Brown and still do, he did well overall but his last TO contributed but not the root cause, we dug ourselves a hole early on and never really recovered. It is a good sign that Stevens is trusting him or allowing him to stay and play down crunch time and in a way, I loved the way he made that turnover...if we are investing our time and future on the kid, he must be given the time and experience, and I hope Brown remembers that turnover for a while, it will only help him grow. I cringed when he did that and thought he should've shot it, but nonetheless I thought it was great experience for him. In my honest opinion, knowing Brad, he won't give free minutes unless you earn it, and trusts you, the fact that Brown is already getting more minutes and more than Green and possibly Jerebko tells me he is moving up and Brad trusts him and definitely he has earned his minutes

« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2016, 10:09:50 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I am more disappointed with our starting 5, 2 games with slow starts and no energy.

They actually played a bit better when Zeller was alongside Horford. Amir coming off the bench could help that 2nd unit out with boards and toughness.

« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I fell asleep and missed the game. I just finished watching the 4th quarter online; with hindsight, I feel rather lucky I missed it (altho our comeback in the 4th was sweet)

« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2016, 05:28:08 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Front-rimming shots a lot of the night---was obvious the game before hurt our guys---Having to bring back the starters at the end....Not upset about this loss.

2 Games in--and still getting HOSED by the refs....aahhh the NBA.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.